BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Even the LT comments thread is full of  criticism for giving Chapman a one year deal then considering loaning him out. Fucking bizarre decision.

I'm not one of those who thinks that Chapman is the best thing since sliced bread, but I really don't get what we're trying to achieve with him to be honest. 

I'm willing to accept that he hasn't played as much as he would've liked due to his attitude (or at least that we can't know that one way or the other) but if that's the case it seems mad to renew his deal for 12 months whilst simultaneously 1) not playing him and 2) not being able to get any cash for our asset due to his deal running out at the end of the season.

I only hope that the rumours are just that, and Chapman gets enough time on the pitch to justify a new, proper contract. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
40 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The thing is Gally playing a central role with proper wingers is a good option. Put on a plate he will score a bag full same with BBD

I’ve seen nothing from Gally in the time he’s been here that makes me think he will ever score a bag full tbh.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve seen nothing from Gally in the time he’s been here that makes me think he will ever score a bag full tbh.

He will score even less on the wing. We have the players to go with 4-4-2. I cannot understand why Mowbray is not using it, at least as a plan B. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think this is right, sadly. His biggest weaknesses for me are his first touch, which doesn't look like it's going to get much better, and a lack of aggression for such a physically imposing player. To be honest, for all the talk of 'Gally's not a winger', I think he could still contribute plenty more as a wide forward if these two aspects of his game were better. Plenty of teams do well with wide-attackers who rarely cross the ball.

Having said all that, whilst I can't ever see him bagging a hatful (or being that adept at bringing others into play like Graham was), I still think we'd see a real improvement with him in the middle. I'd be confident of him getting into double figures in the league, which I can't say at the moment.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think West Broms football is much more entertaining than many teams. Take 2 examples, West Brom constantly have the ball in the box, so many chances, could have had 6 or 7. Constantly in your face, high pressing, full of energy. Or say a Swansea with their "principles" passing it out and obsessed with possession. Give me West Brom every day. Suppose it is personal preference.

They're a kick and rush team - fair play, if you're into that.

They're also disgustingly cynical - I'd be embarrassed following that. Their RB must have taken 15 minutes out of the game with his time-wasting. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I hated watching Big Sam's teams.  Dreadful stuff.

I remember walking away from a 2-1 home win over Spurs in which we somehow came back to score a late winner and thinking, how did we do that? 

It was awful

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Really hope this doesn’t force Carter out on loan. He needs to be in and around the first team.

I think he needs to play. I wouldn't at all be against that being at Rovers, but the worst thing for him would be to find himself fourth choice in a couple of months and he barely gets on the pitch.

Just now, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Got no problem with getting a few bodies through the door but we need experienced players. Also maybe one or two physically strong players who can mix it up and come out on top (Mokoena style)

Kids on loan is no way to do it...unless we have some solid, physical experience and shithousery to go with them...

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think he needs to play. I wouldn't at all be against that being at Rovers, but the worst thing for him would be to find himself fourth choice in a couple of months and he barely gets on the pitch.

He can play RB once a week / fortnight with how thick and fast Championship games come / how often Nyambe gets injured.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Sharpe basically saying Mowbray sees the Leeds winger playing centrally so the Brighton winger deal still on 😂

You couldn't make this shit up.  Young Brighton CB possible as well. 

Bags of experience with these loans.

No doubt a young left back will follow and that will be the lot. 

Of bloody course he does.

Once again he's flooding our team with loanees.

What a journey.