BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not sure Jerome is thats good of a signing really. 

We will have our targets already sorted so the fact of no head of recruitment is less of an impact. This head of recruitment doesn't negotiate the transfer deals or deal with the contracts. But this is where a Director of Football or Sporting Director would be useful in my opinion

How do you know? 

So basically there is no point having a head of recruitment so in your opinion? Seeing as we can sort targets without one

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How do you know? 

So basically there is no point having a head of recruitment so in your opinion? Seeing as we can sort targets without one

Cos you have been told this by the manager and the club. Targets have been decided already. All because the head of recruitment leaves doesn't stop the rest of the recruitment team doing they job. 

Yes a head of recruitment is important when in the process of scouting, watching games, selected targets to present to the manager for decide who to go for. 

The manager decide who we target from the players he is present with. 

Rovers linked with Motherwell and Scotland right back Stephen O'Donnell. 

Championship clubs keen on Scotland full-back Stephen O'Donnell after fine display against England | Daily Mail Online

Blackburn Rovers have been linked with a move for Wigan Athletic's Viv Solomon-Otabor

Blackburn Rovers linked with Wigan Athletic forward as transfer search deepens - LancsLive

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos you have been told this by the manager and the club. Targets have been decided already. All because the head of recruitment leaves doesn't stop the rest of the recruitment team doing they job. 

Yes a head of recruitment is important when in the process of scouting, watching games, selected targets to present to the manager for decide who to go for. 

The manager decide who we target from the players he is present with. 

Welll they would hardly say anything else, would they? The fact there still isn't an appointment to that role tells you all you need to know about how the club is being run , unfortunately

I find it hard to believe scouts presented Ayala or Pears to Mowbray. Kaminski was good I suppose and that probably came from that channel 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Welll they would hardly say anything else, would they? The fact there still isn't an appointment to that role tells you all you need to know about how the club is being run , unfortunately

I find it hard to believe scouts presented Ayala or Pears to Mowbray. Kaminski was good I suppose and that probably came from that channel 

If you want to disbelieve them that's fine but not all of us have that opinion. 

Depends what they are looking for in the head of recruitment position. 

I've been over the Ayala and Pears signings and the fact I don't believe our recruitment department recommend them a number of times now and posted it. 

Let's see who we sign in this transfer window. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why out of everyone we signed you picking Ayala and Pears? Ayala although injury prone is a good player, and pears was signed as back up.

What about Dack? What about Armstrong who he knew from Coventry?

7 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Why out of everyone we signed you picking Ayala and Pears? Ayala although injury prone is a good player, and pears was signed as back up.

TM already had Armstrong previously in L1 and Dack won player of the season 2 out of the 3 previous years in that division. The season he didnt was just after his 'corner' scandal - so was the perfect time for us to snap him up. TM knew all about them already - so doubt they were scouted. 

Edited by JacknOry

42 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

recruiting a head of recruitment during a recruitment embargo. 🤣

Bet this is going to be top drawer Ben Benson esque. Some kid in his bedroom with a laptop and a stats app.

Seems to have serve Brentford well. I don't mind a data-driven approach to scouting and finding targets. The world and technology has changed massively over the last 10 years. The information available now in the form of stats and video from games is totally different from previous decades. If you are not using data you are going to be left behind, as more and more clubs uses it to get a larger reach. The good old approach with feet on the ground and relying on "trusted agents" to find players is limiting in today's market.

However the scouting and compiling lists only take you so far. The mayhem with agents is still the biggest obstacle in any signing. You also need a good vetting process on player regarding their personality, motivation etc. You only have to look a club like United who has accumulated bad apples for large sums over the years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Because they were both signed since we got a European scouting department. He signed players prior to those who he knew from playing for him or against his team's, with varying degrees of success. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Revisiting Belgian league Iv been told….

no surprise with that one. Some good players out there and I would be targeting Thomas Henry to replace Armstrong. I suggested Thomas Henry months ago as a replacement for Armstrong

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Why would we want to sign another right-back ?

why wouldn't you if Nyambe isn't going to signing a new long term contract then you have sell him this summer and signing someone like O'Donnell with a decent enough signing with Pike as a back up to him?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no surprise with that one. Some good players out there and I would be targeting Thomas Henry to replace Armstrong. I suggested Thomas Henry months ago as a replacement for Armstrong

why wouldn't you if Nyambe isn't going to signing a new long term contract then you have sell him this summer and signing someone like O'Donnell with a decent enough signing with Pike as a back up to him?

How much have you seen of Thomas Henry?

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How much have you seen of Thomas Henry?

Just bits of games and clips every week but tried to follow him and his team results since I suggested him. With the Belgium league not televised in the UK to my knowledge how would you let me to watch his games? Plus I'm not paid scout or have any access to scouting tools like Wyscout scouting tool?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't we taken up the one year extension on Nyambes contract. So he doesn't have to be sold this summer. Hence why I asked, why do we need another right-back.

56 minutes ago, rigger said:

Haven't we taken up the one year extension on Nyambes contract. So he doesn't have to be sold this summer. Hence why I asked, why do we need another right-back.

Why lose a player for nothing when we sell him and use that money for a replacement and have change left. 

I would sell Nyambe if he won't sign a new contract..get some money for him

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why lose a player for nothing when we sell him and use that money for a replacement and have change left. 

How much are you expecting for Nyambe, who do you think would bid for him? For a non-productive championship player I would guess about 2/3 million. Nobody will bid for him.

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds good. But do you really, seriously, think that we would be able to use proceeds from a sale to sign a decent replacement AND have change left?

Read between the lines here. They're setting us up for sales and cutbacks. We've offloaded tens of thousands from the wages already, and the sum total of our business this summer has been contract extensions for Wharton and JRC who will have both been on small wages.

Even if they were to sell Nyambe, get reasonable cash for him AND agree to Mowbray spending the money - do you seriously have faith in this lot to go and find a competent replacement?

No - we all know what happens here. Nyambe goes for a couple of million, the money disappears into 'balancing the books' or we wait for the right player to come along and then we go and loan a highly rated 19 year old from City or Liverpool for the season.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

How much are you expecting for Nyambe, who do you think would bid for him? For a non-productive championship player I would guess about 2/3 million. Nobody will bid for him.

10k would be an addition to the  coffers and before you reply yes we’d need a replacement but that would already be in the operational budget. Don’t want to play SELL!!!

3 hours ago, JohnGo said:

10k would be an addition to the  coffers and before you reply yes we’d need a replacement but that would already be in the operational budget. Don’t want to play SELL!!!

I don't know what you are saying.

• Like 1