BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

If anything it just goes to show we could end up existing just to a serve a purpose for other clubs loanees.

Nice when they do alright for us for a brief spell but it's no way to try and build a club up. These lads should be the icing on the cake or final jigsaw pieces to a top 6 squad. Yet we are in danger of them being our lifelines for a lower midtable finish.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Liverpool to deal Blackburn Rovers transfer blow that could open opportunities elsewhere - LancsLive

Harvey Elliot not returning according to this

No HE and no AA - that's most of our goals and assists gone. 

That also says Chapman has snubbed a new deal. Nobody wants to play for this manager it seems.

So sounds like Chapman, Bennett and Bell were all 'offered' new deals and each look to have rejected them and are likely to end up moving to League One instead.

If that doesn't set alarm bells off then nothing will. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So sounds like Chapman, Bennett and Bell were all 'offered' new deals and each look to have rejected them and are likely to end up moving to League One instead.

Surely it suggests that they've been offered squad roles and those players would prefer first team football lower down the pyramid? Surely it's a good thing we're not doing everything we can to keep the likes of Bell & Bennett at this club?

Edited by JoeH

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

One Bookmaker has us NINTH favourite to win the league, and only 14th for relegation at 8-1. 

So the bookies think we'll come 8th-10th.

Wow.

I couldn't find bookies giving Championship relegation odds yet, who is that with?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Surely it suggests that they've been offered squad roles and those players would prefer first team football lower down the pyramid? Surely it's a good thing we're not doing everything we can to keep the likes of Bell & Bennett at this club?

Offered squad roles? 

Either they are good enough and in plans to play or they aren't.

I dont accept this idea of handing out contracts to players who aren't good enough. 

Presumably we are back to the same logic of not signing Bauer because we wouldn't guarantee him first team football every week which Preston did. 

End of the day if we are giving deals out it has to be with a view to these people playing rather than being categorised as squad fillers.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I couldn't find bookies giving Championship relegation odds yet, who is that with?

Our odds on Sky for relegation are longer than they were in 2017. Suspect that might change over the coming weeks.

19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We shouldnt be offering them roles at all. From the sound of it, Bell wasnt offered a new deal although he was in the previous 2 summers. Bennett shouldnt have been offered a deal. Conway shouldnt have been offered a new deal. Downing was given one with no intention of playing him. We just piss away money on sub par players as our manager is a soft touch.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Bennett was always going to move closer to home base in Telford this summer to spend more time with family. Thats was clear a few weeks ago. 

Was Bell offered a contract? 

why offer Chapman when he never played at this level and his attitude over the last 18 months hasn't been good enough. 

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

I wouldn't want any player who accepts having a 'squad role' anywhere near our club. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

The two sentences weren't meant to be related, although I do think some blame can in fact be pointed at Mowbray as any returning loans after last season's humiliating form were always going to be unlikely regardless of who the player was. Results are key to success, long term and short, that's why football is a results driven business... at most clubs.

Bellis and Elliot were never going to happen regardless and the manager did well to sign them a year ago, unfortunately that doesn't change anything. He is completely substandard in too many areas and is incapable of getting results.

We could spend £60 million this summer and would be in no way guaranteed a play-off spot under him. That is the reality of how bad our manager is. The quicker everyone comes to terms with that the better.

Nail on head 

He'd need 60 million just to break the 10th place ceiling and he's already conceeded he'd need 100 million to get anywhere near the top spots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

William Hill: Championship Outright market.

They are now in stewardship of my £50 until it matures into £450 come May 2021.

Screenshot_20210623-172641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Angry_Pirate
PS. Leicester winning the Premier League really has ruined betting odds.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Nail on head 

He'd need 60 million just to break the 10th place ceiling and he's already conceeded he'd need 100 million to get anywhere near the top spots.

Aye, and how much has he had...

Not that it matters, because he is a gurning, lying, dishonourable wastrel who should no longer be anywhere near our club.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

William Hill: Championship Outright market.

They are now in stewardship of my £50 until it matures into £450 come May 2021.

Screenshot_20210623-172641_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd say those odds look about right given our current squad although as someone else said they may look very different over the next month or so. Personally I think it's a mugs game betting on relegation yet until you can see what everyone's squad looks like come the start of the season.

5 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I'd say those odds look about right given our current squad although as someone else said they may look very different over the next month or so. Personally I think it's a mugs game betting on relegation yet until you can see what everyone's squad looks like come the start of the season.

I agree with @1864roverite. It goes much deeper than squad strength. There are so many factors determining that the club is heading on a downward course. 

It badly needs someone to arrest the decline, and I don't mean Waggott or Mowbray.

17 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Pears, get your coat son and Arbito says don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out...

To be perfectly honest my friend his arse wouldn't have got through the door if it was down to me.

3 minutes ago, Marktheshark8 said:

Not trying to upset anyone but come on here looking for transfer gossip and such, not bickering about nothing. Is it always this way? Just so I know not to keep looking 

Don’t keep looking is the correct answer mate 😂

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, Marktheshark8 said:

Not trying to upset anyone but come on here looking for transfer gossip and such, not bickering about nothing. Is it always this way? Just so I know not to keep looking 

You got an example of said bickering? 
As a mod, I’d be keen to see it, but haven’t seen any lately….

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett was always going to move closer to home base in Telford this summer to spend more time with family. Thats was clear a few weeks ago. 

Was Bell offered a contract? 

why offer Chapman when he never played at this level and his attitude over the last 18 months hasn't been good enough. 

If that first paragraph was the case, then why did we not release him straight away?

You dont have to justify everything that the club does. It is not the first time that sub par players have been given either a new deal or at least an olive branch should nothing else come off for them. We arent a charity, we are pissing money yet Mowbray still isnt ruthless enough to release shit players.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

To be perfectly honest my friend his arse wouldn't have got through the door if it was down to me.

Couldn't agree more. Every time he's named in the starting 11 my IATS kicks in ( that's 'Involuntary Arse Twitching Syndrome' in case anyone was wondering.