BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

I'd say those odds look about right given our current squad although as someone else said they may look very different over the next month or so. Personally I think it's a mugs game betting on relegation yet until you can see what everyone's squad looks like come the start of the season.

We know what manager we’re having next season, that’s enough for me. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If that first paragraph was the case, then why did we not release him straight away?

You dont have to justify everything that the club does. It is not the first time that sub par players have been given either a new deal or at least an olive branch should nothing else come off for them. We arent a charity, we are pissing money yet Mowbray still isnt ruthless enough to release shit players.

Yep, most of this seasons deadwood clearance will have been forced on him. I'm sure he can be ruthless when it comes to keeping his job though.

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

😡 This is a complete shit show if a shambles that lies solely at the feet of Waggot. Just what the hell is he doing and just what is happening within the club? How this incompetence can carry is beyond me🤬🤬🤬

That's the £64m question 1864.

Under Waggott:

Affordable seating has been scrapped and he's reduced the season ticket base by up to 75% to c £2.5k

We might possibly be headed into embargo in a few days time.

The squad is an absolute train wreck in terms of players contracts not having been attended to.

The owners want at least £20m for our star striker but due to the incompetence and lack of foresight of the manager and CEO we face losing him for a relative pittance now with 40% of that going to Newcastle anyway or for nothing at the end of the season.

We seemingly can't appoint a Head of recruitment.

We seemingly can't attract any players

A manager who endured the 3rd worst run in our 146 year history last season is still in situ.

A doomed attempt was made to flog off the training ground which had to be scrapped.

Doesn't seem like either himself or Mowbray can possibly  do anything which would earn them the sack.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, JHRover said:

So how has this affected us more than the other 23 clubs in the division, all but a handful aren't under an embargo and have begun recruitment in earnest ahead of the new season?

Covid a convenient excuse here for all sorts of failures until the question gets asked how/why it has affected Rovers more than anyone else.

That’s easy, some clubs are more dependent upon matchday revenue than others. Some clubs earned more from TV than others. Some have better sponsorship deals. Some have better iFollow sales figures. Some pay lower wages. Covid has hit the industry, but not all clubs have the same business model.

Some also have fully-functioning executive boards…

The question is

Is this incompetance, etc (doubtful)

or carefully planned cost reductions and managed decline. (probably)

i.e. the aspirations of the fans is the opposite to what the management are being asked to do for their salary.

In which case, good luck to those buying season tickets and unwittingly contributing to the destruction of Rovers.

34 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

That’s easy, some clubs are more dependent upon matchday revenue than others. Some clubs earned more from TV than others. Some have better sponsorship deals. Some have better iFollow sales figures. Some pay lower wages. Covid has hit the industry, but not all clubs have the same business model.

Not all have multi billionaire owners willing to make up any shortfalls and mop up after multiple cock ups either ........

32 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Surely given our ticket receipts and matchday revenues are less than many clubs then the impact of losing that income is less?

Mowbray likes to tell us about giant clubs Stoke and Middlesbrough and the mighty Bristol City getting full houses every week. Amazing how their management have come up with ways of overcoming such lost income yet at Rovers the loss of our support has been so disastrous. 

I'm not sure who will have lower wage bills than Rovers come the end of June with the departures and squad size we have.

I suppose most clubs are desperate/determined to avoid transfer embargoes because they actually want to invest/improve and succeed. I'm not sure that's the case here.

I hear you Tyrone but it doesn't alter the fact that there's definitely more than 3 teams worse than us as it currently stands.

Mowbray: Hold my beer!

Plus, i'm not so confident about that. Our form was relegation form of the highest order during that run of 2 wins in 17. We came a lot closer to going down than reaching our top 6 target and I bet most of us thought our squad was better than at least 18 others considering TM said our target was the playoffs.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

• Backroom

I hear you Tyrone but it doesn't alter the fact that there's definitely more than 3 teams worse than us as it currently stands.

Teams, maybe. But 3 worse managers?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marktheshark8 said:

Not trying to upset anyone but come on here looking for transfer gossip and such, not bickering about nothing. Is it always this way? Just so I know not to keep looking 

Think you’re confusing bickering with relentless negativity mate. That’s all you get on here

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marktheshark8 said:

Not trying to upset anyone but come on here looking for transfer gossip and such, not bickering about nothing. Is it always this way? Just so I know not to keep looking 

There is no transfer activity apparent up to press, therefore you'd probably be better directing your ire towards the Club rather than members of this message board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Surely given our ticket receipts and matchday revenues are less than many clubs then the impact of losing that income is less?

Mowbray likes to tell us about giant clubs Stoke and Middlesbrough and the mighty Bristol City getting full houses every week. Amazing how their management have come up with ways of overcoming such lost income yet at Rovers the loss of our support has been so disastrous. 

I'm not sure who will have lower wage bills than Rovers come the end of June with the departures and squad size we have.

I suppose most clubs are desperate/determined to avoid transfer embargoes because they actually want to invest/improve and succeed. I'm not sure that's the case here.

The relativity of our income to other clubs isn’t the issue.
The issue is the high proportion of our total income that our match day revenue represents….largely due to the piss poor merchandising/marketing throughout the Waggott era. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If that first paragraph was the case, then why did we not release him straight away?

You dont have to justify everything that the club does. It is not the first time that sub par players have been given either a new deal or at least an olive branch should nothing else come off for them. We arent a charity, we are pissing money yet Mowbray still isnt ruthless enough to release shit players.

Firstly, no one is justifying what the club does. But that's your standard line from you. 

Bennett is far from a shit player and if you only look at his team mates reaction on social media they regards him as a legend. 

Ask the club. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, no one is justifying what the club does. But that's your standard line from you. 

Bennett is far from a shit player and if you only look at his team mates reaction on social media they regards him as a legend. 

Ask the club. 

Bennett the legend🙄 we really have fallen a long long way.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That is VERY much a matter of opinion Chadster.

Isnt most things in football a matter of opinion? 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Bennett? A legend? In the same bracket as Shearer? Tugay? Friedel? Hendry? Garner? Parkes? Douglas? Clayton? Crompton?

Elliott fucking Bennett?

His teammates called him a legend on social media. Probably the reasons I highlighted a few days ago. 

59 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I appreciate his efforts in helping us get back up from L1, but to call him a 'legend'? Come on now.

He was one of the bleedin" players who got us relegated to League 1 in the first place!

Not even a good player for us, far less a legend!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isnt most things in football a matter of opinion? 

His teammates called him a legend on social media. Probably the reasons I highlighted a few days ago. 

Yeah like “Aw mate, what a legend” not an actual legend.

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Bennett? A legend? In the same bracket as Shearer? Tugay? Friedel? Hendry? Garner? Parkes? Douglas? Clayton? Crompton?

Elliott fucking Bennett?

Bennett ..... a ''Legend' in his own lunchtime.

All the names mentioned in your first paragraph are what true 'Legends' really are and not, as you so aptly put it ...EFB ...

What a circus we as a Club have become when we laud a wanker as a manager and want to build him a statue and even pay any attention to Bennett. Fucking shambles.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1