BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

The most stupid with Downing was that of the few games he started last season one was at Barnsley where rather than playing how we usually did (which would have actually suited Downing), we played 5 at the back and bypassed the midfield all evening by playing long balls from back to front. 

• Like 1

It just backs up what a few of us have said for a few seasons now. Mowbrays rotation policy follows little tactical direction and is heavily based on doing it just for the sake of it.

Keeping as many involved and happy as possible and hiding behind the development tagline. Also his signings policy of getting in people he knows or whose people he knows just to fill gaps rather than actual horses for courses.

It's no wonder we are going backwards after he kept us still for a couple of seasons.

• Like 1

Surely if we are under a transfer embargo then both Waggott and Cheston should immediately resign their positions.

I cannot see how their continued employment particularly on such substantial wages can be justified if they have led the club into another transfer embargo so soon after the last one. It shows that nothing has changed.

It is only 5 years since we emerged from the last one. Since then we've been down to League One and supposedly cleared the decks and rebuilt in a sensible way. 

Many other clubs who have smaller attendances and commercial revenues than us manage to operate in sensible, sustainable and competitive ways and yet we seem to be on an endless cycle of boom and bust where we have a couple of years of reasonable spending/no sales followed by a couple of years of slash and burn probably resulting in relegation again.

Mental way to operate but the people paid fortunes to keep a steady ship need removing if this happens. There's no excuse for it and it could cost the club league status.

Of course if the owners gave a toss about the club they'd either find ways around an embargo or sack those responsible for putting us into it. But they don't and so here we are.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

They've finally seen through it but this is what happens when a manager is allowed to stay beyond his ceiling.

Not unusual and there's no shame in it TM is what he is and does what he does but the danger here is the club has become the manager. That's down to the void between ownership and club and their stupid way of doing things. Plus the nice little niche its allowed them to create inside the club.

Unfortunately here at Rovers the fans and team and shrinking club have to pay the price for generous stupidity. The ownership signs the cheques then ignores and the rest in the middle carry on and draw their money.

We'll end up like Sunday League

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

We are not under embargo yet!

Yes we are

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Blackburn Rovers transfer embargo, how it impacts recruitment and potential ramifications - LancsLive

We are under an embargo until Waggott & Co submit the club's accounts for 19/20. 

correct... and we meet the projections in the P&S submission for this year's accounting period (which we can only assume includes significant income yet to be realised).

The accounts will be what they are as factual history. I guess the delay in publishing them is to stop all the other clubs lowering their bids... but the clock is ticking.

6 working days to go.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes we are

correct... and we meet the projections in the P&S submission for this year's accounting period (which we can only assume includes significant income yet to be realised).

The accounts will be what they are as factual history. I guess the delay in publishing them is to stop all the other clubs lowering their bids... but the clock is ticking.

6 working days to go.

No we aren’t and you’ve been told about this before. So, let me reiterate- can you stop saying we are please? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyone who takes Jack Wheelchair on ,would want to do so on a strictly pay as you play arrangement 

I agree but if the deal was right I would take a gamble, 6 months contract with x appearances to trigger a further 6 months or similar

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I agree but if the deal was right I would take a gamble, 6 months contract with x appearances to trigger a further 6 months or similar

He is almost 30 now and has played less than 30 games ,both starts and sub appearances, in the last 4 seasons. It strikes me he might end up at a team with a bigger budget than ours, who can afford to to take such a gamble. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is almost 30 now and has played less than 30 games ,both starts and sub appearances, in the last 4 seasons. It strikes me he might end up at a team with a bigger budget than ours, who can afford to to take such a gamble. 

Yeah fair comments, there is a player in there, such a shame. If he got himself right he would be top class at this level.

• Like 1

Wilshere, another in a long line of wasted talent. Wouldn't touch him, wrong age, career near the end - he wouldn't have any ambition (as shown throughout most of his career) and would basically be here for nothing other than the money. Plus, injury prone - so we probably will sign him.

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

No we aren’t and you’ve been told about this before. So, let me reiterate- can you stop saying we are please? 

Blackburn Rovers transfer embargo, how it impacts recruitment and potential ramifications - LancsLive

In case you missed the earlier link. 

I didn't think we were either, but apparently so. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Exactly. It's very clearly in the public domain. We are under a light embargo which will be lifted once the EFL are satisfied or become a full embargo on 30th June.

The embargo is actually correctly termed registration ban. It does not actually stop us buying players. It stops us registering them to play. We can buy and then loan back out no problem.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

• Moderation Lead
56 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I saw it. We’ve a week yet to file the accounts, if we don’t file them by the deadline, then we are in a proper one.
TBH- I think people are just using it as an excuse to be overly dramatic, as it’s a scary word.

Anyway, England time…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Surely if we are under a transfer embargo then both Waggott and Cheston should immediately resign their positions.

I cannot see how their continued employment particularly on such substantial wages can be justified if they have led the club into another transfer embargo so soon after the last one. It shows that nothing has changed.

It is only 5 years since we emerged from the last one. Since then we've been down to League One and supposedly cleared the decks and rebuilt in a sensible way. 

Many other clubs who have smaller attendances and commercial revenues than us manage to operate in sensible, sustainable and competitive ways and yet we seem to be on an endless cycle of boom and bust where we have a couple of years of reasonable spending/no sales followed by a couple of years of slash and burn probably resulting in relegation again.

Mental way to operate but the people paid fortunes to keep a steady ship need removing if this happens. There's no excuse for it and it could cost the club league status.

Of course if the owners gave a toss about the club they'd either find ways around an embargo or sack those responsible for putting us into it. But they don't and so here we are.

I’m no defender of Waggott but Covid has rather impacted upon income…

What are these assurances though that the FFP people were asking for, besides the accounts ?

There must be something else concerning them somewhere. And just like last time they'll be more privvy to what's actually in the accounts than anything in public.

Has there been some more external borrowing during lockdown to cover outgoings ?  Are players or someone else owed money ?  Was the attempt at flogging half the training ground to cover this ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

TBH- I think people are just using it as an excuse to be overly dramatic, as it’s a scary word.

It's the journalists reporting it as an embargo, national and local. Not sure there's much chance of Sharpe being overly dramatic. We'll be in in the Conference North before he sticks his head above the parapet and criticises the club.