BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

As far as I can see you have no evidence at all.

Nobody on here has any evidence of anything. 

Unless you believe word for word what the club comes out with. That isn't evidence its just taking their word for it. They've a history of lying.

Shows how the expectations and standards of many fans has fallen through the floor if EB (a good solid pro and servant, but lower league journeyman all the same) is being deemed ‘a legend’.

Same with BB, fair play to the lad, but you’d think he was the first Rovers player to ever get an international cap the way the club is milking it…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

How are people moaning about Benno leaving and making conspiracy theories 😂.

He's league 1 at best and has been for 3 seasons. 

He's stopped Nyambe growing and got in the way of development of the youngsters.

I can't say for sure, but Bennet was probably just doing what Mowbray asked him to do.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Shows how the expectations and standards of many fans has fallen through the floor if EB (a good solid pro and servant, but lower league journeyman all the same) is being deemed ‘a legend’.

Same with BB, fair play to the lad, but you’d think he was the first Rovers player to ever get an international cap the way the club is milking it…

Add to that this modern day obsession fans have with players joining the coaching staff or “staying on in some capacity”.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Dear me - what do you want us to do, all shake our heads and say “it’s only because they’re desperate”…

Honestly - the way any amount of enjoyment is jumped on these days by the mainstay of posters. It’s as if we’re not allowed to be interested in the first rovers player involved in copa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Dear me - what do you want us to do, all shake our heads and say “it’s only because they’re desperate”…

Honestly - the way any amount of enjoyment is jumped on these days by the mainstay of posters. It’s as if we’re not allowed to be interested in the first rovers player involved in copa.

Who’s desperate? Chile? Your true feelings on BB slipping out there Bizzle, tut tut!

Edited by Mattyblue

Elliott Bennett was clearly not up to standard when we got promoted back to the championship. In defense of Bennett, he came in around the time the team was full to the brim with couldn't care less mercenaries. He gave his all and gave a shit around a time very few did. And though I'm sure some would disagree I think he helped cultivate a bit of culture change in the dressing room. I personally won't miss him much but have no ill will towards the guy.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Who’s desperate? Chile? Your true feelings on BB slipping out there Bizzle, tut tut!

No I genuinely feel I understand why they’d want a 22 year old with different attributes involved - as opposed to “milking” it as if we’ve nowt better to do.

Who we talking about, Rovers? Of course, the coaching staff here will be happy he’s there, as am I, great for his development and confidence, which can only help him for next season.

Ok, I’ll re-phrase, the club’s social media output is milking it, but then, it’s run by a Crawley Town fan, so no surprise there.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Who we talking about, Rovers? Of course, the coaching staff here will be happy he’s there, as am I, great for his development and confidence, which can only help him for next season.

Ok, I’ll re-phrase, the club’s social media output is milking it, but then, it’s run by a Crawley Town fan, so no surprise there.

The skepticism is palpable 😆 

End of the day - it’s a silver lining amongst clouds. I just can’t see reason to moan about it - but perhaps that’s my perennial issue with the “pixels” on this . Com.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Nobody on here has any evidence of anything. 

Unless you believe word for word what the club comes out with. That isn't evidence its just taking their word for it. They've a history of lying.

You’re right there, no one has any evidence of anything but you seem to think you do, why is it whatever Rovers do, you seem to twist it round to some conspiracy theory, think 90% of Rovers fans are pleased for Bennett and sensible from his point in his career to move to league 1 and closer to his home.

Some things the club do get right like signing up a lot of our youngsters on longer contracts, plus slowly getting pen to paper on first team players.

The Nyambe saga, who knows what’s going on, he might be wanting silly money that Rovers don’t think he’s worth it, it’s all about negotiations on both sides but you can’t just give in if you don’t think he’s worth top dollar.

Everything isn’t perfect down there as we all know but to just slag everything off they do is just pointless, some things they do get right, but everyone has their own views but some just seem to put the club down at every opportunity mainly due to their dislike of the manager/management/Owners.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Didn’t Santa Cruz play in that comp ?

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JBiz said:

The skepticism is palpable 😆 

End of the day - it’s a silver lining amongst clouds. I just can’t see reason to moan about it - but perhaps that’s my perennial issue with the “pixels” on this . Com.

No need to over think it lad. Just a player that isn’t good enough and hasn’t been for a while, has left. Don’t use that as an excuse to have a pop at members on a forum, they might just be right on this occasion, though I’ve my doubts you’d ever admit that…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wait, Bennett AND Evans have gone?

Is it Christmas?

My thoughts exactly. If nothing else at least something good has come out of this dire close season, we've finally offloaded those two lead swingers Bennett and Evans.

Thankfully I haven't seen Bennett being described as a "legend" anywhere. If I had I think it would have made my blood boil. I'd say exactly the opposite and say that they both epitomise everything that is wrong with the modern day footballer.

How Evans survived eight years and various contract extensions here is beyond belief. The master of doing the square root of naff all and apparently convincing some he was doing something useful.

Bennett never performed for us from the minute he arrived at the Club but seemingly managed to convince people he was an all round good egg by becoming active on social media and talking a good game and by becoming a sort of unofficial cheer leader.

The ONLY way we'll progress out of the malaise we're in (in tandem with appointing a decent manager) is to stop bringing in dollopers like this who draw their money week after week, year after year for not performing  and bring in players who regularly do the business on the pitch.

Shearer, Hendry,  Garner etc = legends.

Bennett/Evans = leg ends.

Good riddance to both.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

100%. He is nothing close to a legend, that word is thrown around so much.

I would look at his Rovers career on the pitch, pretty decent for his first 6 months under Lambert, then unwanted under Coyle, then he had his best 6 months when Mowbray came in, scored 3 or 4 screamers that turned out to be false dawns, but in general was as good as anyone in that spell although it ended in relegation.

The unwanted under Coyle thing is something which didn't get discussed enough during the relegation season. Bennett, never a world beater, was still a far more productive midfielder than Feeney that season who inexplicably kept being picked. There's a decent argument that we stay up that season if Bennett played more, although I suppose the flip side of that argument is that Coyle doesn't get sacked as quickly.

Legend is certainly a term which is banded around far too frequently. Nobody has got close to that tag since at least Dunny left, if not before, and it would be a bit ridiculous to pretend that Bennett was within a mile of that conversation. Right for all parties that he moves on. He needs to play, and we need better.

I would say for him though that was clearly made of the right stuff, and whilst that is clearly no substitute for being a better player (what did Souness about not wanting a team full of son in laws?) he was decent too before he was moved to full back. Genuinely wish him well, and give it a few years I suspect a lot more Rovers fans will remember him fondly than they would have admitted over the last season or two.

• Like 3

In fairness I think some younger people these days mean 'legend' in a far less extreme sense than the traditional one. Like your mate down at the pub who is a 'legend'. Seems like a top bloke, as a person, does Benno, and that might account for some of the hyperbole.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

How are people moaning about Benno leaving and making conspiracy theories 😂.

He's league 1 at best and has been for 3 seasons. 

He's stopped Nyambe growing and got in the way of development of the youngsters.

Didn't know that Bennet picked the team, glad he's gone then and ToMo will have a free reign on selection.

Edited by perthblue02

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

In fairness I think some younger people these days mean 'legend' in a far less extreme sense than the traditional one. Like your mate down at the pub who is a 'legend'. Seems like a top bloke, as a person, does Benno, and that might account for some of the hyperbole.

Just to add that most of our younger fans who throw that word about haven’t actually seen a legend yet in a rovers shirt so have nothing to compare them to .. if you consider Bennett a legend then Simon Garner sits the right side of the All mighty having his feet massaged and fed grapes by Cleopatra herself

• Like 6