BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because we havent the foggiest if they are anywhere near good enough. By all means give them a chance but only depend on them as part of the squad once they have proven their competence at this level. Dont refrain from signing players as a result.

We shouldnt be signing crap players who dont make our team anyway, thats a given. The options arent between untested kids and rubbish squad players.

Nothing is good about Venkys either. The academy was always producing, of course the standard required within the first team at our level is just much lower compared to when they joined.

I'm amazed that how you can have opinion on our good young players when you don't watch the under 23 or under 18 level of football

Why sign players that stop our players from being in the first team squad? So you would sign another right back instead of having Pike as back up to Nyambe then?

Yes thats is the choice between giving our talent young players the platform to perform and be part of the squad and signing squad players. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why sign players that stop our players from being in the first team squad? So you would sign another right back instead of having Pike as back up to Nyambe then?

Yes thats is the choice between giving our talent young players the platform to perform and be part of the squad and signing squad players. 

The Pike example is not as clear cut in that if Nyambe was to get injured, then Rankin Costello would play there. But assuming he wasnt, then yes, we would need a second option with senior experience. 

If Armstrong goes, would you be happy for McBride to take his place in the squad as back up to the remaining strikers?

Edited by roversfan99

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Pike example is not as clear cut in that if Nyambe was to get injured, then Rankin Costello would play there. But assuming he wasnt, then yes, we would need a second option with senior experience. 

If Armstrong goes, would you be happy for McBride to take his place in the squad as back up to the remaining strikers?

Rankin Costello should be playing attacking wide role. Not as a full back. 

So whats the point in having an academy producing good players when they got no chance of playing them? So would you scrap the academy cos you wont play them cos you want 2 senior players for each position. 

If Armstrong leaves then he replacing properly but no reason why McBride couldn;t be 3rd choice before the new striker and Gallagher. 

And yes Carter, Pike and McBride would be part of my 1st team squad for coming season

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rankin Costello should be playing attacking wide role. Not as a full back. 

So whats the point in having an academy producing good players when they got no chance of playing them? So would you scrap the academy cos you wont play them cos you want 2 senior players for each position. 

If Armstrong leaves then he replacing properly but no reason why McBride couldn;t be 3rd choice before the new striker and Gallagher. 

And yes Carter, Pike and McBride would be part of my 1st team squad for coming season

Yes, because I am saying that we can not yet rely on players that have never kicked a ball for us, I must be saying that I would like the academy to be scrapped. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes, because I am saying that we can not yet rely on players that have never kicked a ball for us, I must be saying that I would like the academy to be scrapped. 

So scrapped our academy then? 

You cant rely on players if you dont give them a chance. Play them and let's see. Rather produce our own then sign rubbish players. Signed enough last summer like Douglas, Ayala(who you want us to sign),

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So scrapped our academy then? 

You cant rely on players if you dont give them a chance. Play them and let's see. Rather produce our own then sign rubbish players. Signed enough last summer like Douglas, Ayala(who you want us to sign),

I was being sarcastic. Give them a chance to supplement a senior squad and/or loan out.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I was being sarcastic. Give them a chance to supplement a senior squad and/or loan out.

I dont think you were sarcastic tho. Given your previous comments that you want 2 senior professional players for each position. So how do you give youth players a chance? So how does Pike for example get a chance for us with 2 senior professionals in the way?

5 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

No connection.  Not obsessed.  Just informed, of late.  I am Chilean.  That is my angle.  He now plays for the Chile team and like all of Chile's internationals I am interested in where each play and how each is playing in their respective leagues.  I joined this forum in order to convey a different perspective as a South American and an American, who is plugged into Spanish language media and likes football. 

I am skeptical of Brereton.  He hasn't wowed me but he has shown promise.  And I have seen him play at Rovers and I see what any Rover fans sees and it isn't pretty.  He has been a dud and has not lived up to his potential.  There is no doubt there.  And every skeptic is totally justified.

That said, it is what people who are not me and are not Rovers fans have seen in him that makes me give him a second look.  I also dismissed fan chatter of a Bielsa connection because he did not seem like a player Bielsa would bother with.  But well placed and credible sources say othewise, and no, it is not mere gossip.  Bielsistas know what he can do with a diamond in the rough (and i am not saying Brereton is that, but perhaps Bielsa is).  Beyond that, Chilean media also reports from the training grounds and from coaches and again, it is these people who are in positions to see what players do and how they fit in with the team that are singing his praises for what they've seen in training and for what he has the potential to do, once he better understand the chilean system, players, and language.   

This is what I mean about arrogance.  Brereton has been highly regarded by South American coaches, managers, and sporting press.  Not just by desperate Chilean fans.  Yet this is dismissed as hysteria, flavor of the month, agents trying to make money, press trying to sell papers or clickbait.  Not the thoughtful analysis of sports professionals.  South America is behind in many things but understanding football and spotting football talent are not among them.

My "defence" of Brereton has more to do with what professionals who know and see much more than me have to say than with any personal feelings I have for him, though of course i want him to succeed.

Interesting stuff i'll take it on board.

In regards to perceived arrogance that's nothing more or less than frustrated fans. Wondering why he looks like a 7 million kid with potential now again, maybe like he did at Forest but rarely if ever has here, so far.

Next season is a huge one for Ben and Rovers so lets hope he finally steps up and the manager allows him to.

As for posting on here it'd be nice if you were regular but you need to get rid of that chip on your shoulder in regards to how you think English fans dismiss someone from Chile opinion.  We are all just fans hanging on to the words and actions of 'pros', however very often they are proved wrong and fans proved right.

Just the way it is.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Still saying most of remainder of the year calendar year in the LT, which was the original prognosis. 

Blackburn Rovers will look to use blossoming Man City relationship | Lancashire Telegraph

Would take anything the LT says with a pinch of salt, and can’t see why my mate would make it up out of the blue.

Fingers crossed he is ahead of schedule though and takes away a headache for Tony!

On 26/06/2021 at 12:32, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Still saying most of remainder of the year calendar year in the LT, which was the original prognosis. 

Blackburn Rovers will look to use blossoming Man City relationship | Lancashire Telegraph

That article is trying to sugar coat missing out on THB I reckon. Not surprising he chose to work under Kompany. 

I'm not knocking loans, but I really hope we aren't guaranteeing game time before they sign. 

I don't see what attraction we bring other than that. Fine if they earn it on merit, which to be fair Elliott and THB did by and large. I can just imagine the City loan managers pushing it and us being like "yes sir, can I have some more?" 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rigger said:

But what about your English.

Hence my specifying "American dialect" 😉. I spent 4 days in Londres betwixt xxxmas & new years in 1997.  And i have heard all of the Ricky Gervais/Karl Pilkington xfm podcasts so i understand more than the average Yank.  But as in Spanish, using "other people's" expressions is a bit like wearing someone elses clothes.  You can get away with it in front of strangers but it feels uncomfortable and fake.  I think i used "taking the mickey out of" in the Brereton thread and it made me feel....dirty.

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, neophox said:

So the business is on at Rovers....anything to happen this week? Players back in training.

Hopefully by end of next week we have a signing in or two. But we don't need a load of signings for me. A centre back, back up left back, defensive midfielder and left side winger/forward. With possibly replacements for Armstrong or Nyambe if either are sold. Do we need much more? not for me. Mowbray has been back financially in terms of signings, transfer fees and wages.  

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

NHopefully by end of next week we have a signing in or two. But we don't need a load of signings for me. A centre back, back up left back, defensive midfielder and left side winger/forward. With possibly replacements for Armstrong or Nyambe if either are sold. Do we need much more? not for me. Mowbray has been back financially in terms of signings, transfer fees and wages.  

I wouldn't expect any signings that quick to be honest.

I make this the 6th transfer window in a row that we need a centre half on a permanent deal.

I don't expect we'll get one though, I Imagine we'll go through pre season with Lenihan, Ayala, Carter and Magliore, then we'll ship one of them off on loan towards the end of the window while bringing in the next PL Top 4 "wonderkid", then we'll hail Wharton's return as "like a new signing".

All very predictable.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully by end of next week we have a signing in or two. But we don't need a load of signings for me. A centre back, back up left back, defensive midfielder and left side winger/forward. With possibly replacements for Armstrong or Nyambe if either are sold. Do we need much more? not for me. Mowbray has been back financially in terms of signings, transfer fees and wages.  

I think we need somebody to challenge Nyambe at RB and also another left back. JRC isn't the answer in either position, imo. A decent centre back on a permanent is a must, that has been needed for a long time though. We need at least two central midfielders to come in to replace Holtby and Evans and a proper right winger to avoid the madness of Gallagher being played out there.

A lot of work to do with not much of a budget. My guess is that Rhys Williams will be the next Premier League loan to arrive here.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I make this the 6th transfer window in a row that we need a centre half on a permanent deal.

didn't we signed Ayala last summer on a permanent contract?

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

then we'll hail Wharton's return as "like a new signing".

Wharton is close to return to training

Wharton: I'm in a good place | rovers.co.uk

57 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think we need somebody to challenge Nyambe at RB

We have Pike so let him challenge him and is Nyambe staying beyond this season? cos he isn;t surely we have sell him and bring in a first choice right back

also another left back.

doesn't I say a back up left back was needed?

We need at least two central midfielders to come in to replace Holtby and Evans and a proper right winger to avoid the madness of Gallagher being played out there.

With Travis, Buckley, Rothwell, Johnson and Davenport already there as Centre midfielders and we played 3 man midfield than surely only 1 is needed. Then use the under 23's players to back that up

On the right winger, we have Dolan, JRC or Brereton who can play there so I think Left footed left winger would be better suited for us

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't we signed Ayala last summer on a permanent contract?

Wharton is close to return to training

Wharton: I'm in a good place | rovers.co.uk

We have Pike so let him challenge him and is Nyambe staying beyond this season? cos he isn;t surely we have sell him and bring in a first choice right back

doesn't I say a back up left back was needed?

With Travis, Buckley, Rothwell, Johnson and Davenport already there as Centre midfielders and we played 3 man midfield than surely only 1 is needed. Then use the under 23's players to back that up

On the right winger, we have Dolan, JRC or Brereton who can play there so I think Left footed left winger would be better suited for us

That's weaker than last year. We definitely need another CM. If Travis and /or Johnson get injured that's a very fragile and light weight midfield