BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

Most of those squad members who have left will not be missed. Most could be replaced with our returning loanees or U23s.

Can they? Of the returning loanees Vale barely featured for a Rochdale side that got relegated to League 2, Chapman is most likely going to leave, Hilton is of on loan again according to reports, Magloire isn't good enough, the likes of Lyons, White, Mulgrew and Grayson have all been released. About the only one the only returning loanee who has shown he might be up to it and deserves a chance is Carter.

As for the other under 23's players if the manager isn't willing to even put them on the bench for dead rubbers at the end of the season then he isn't going to use them from the beginning of the new season. Also it is a massive jump from under 23's football to Championship football and putting so many players into the team at once isn't going to benefit them or the team.

• Like 2

The player(s) to replace Armstrong are already here, money wise, in the shape of Gallagher and BB.

Any hole in the squad he leaves will be filled by a cheap punt like the ones we've been linked with. You cannot just take one of them and plonk him in expecting him to pick up the mantle. Very unlikely to happen, more likely is he'd be the new bench fodder instead of Ben.

So we need a style of play that allows Gally and BB to play in their best positions and get the best out of whatever their abilities offer.

Possession football isn't it.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, phili said:

Do we know how well Wharton is recovering from his injury? Is it likely to be preseason his return or much later in the season?

I wouldn't mind going back in for last years transfer target, Charlie Goode from Brentford and seeing how good their partnership would be in the Championship, as it was pretty good in League 2.

I assume if an offer for Lennihan is received this summer he may well be off as only 12 months left on his contract unless we have an option on his contract too?

I’ve seen him out and about a fair bit in bars of Clitheroe and also Gisburne Park festival, he wasn’t walking with a limp….

Just been reading on Twitter, a number of supporters are saying sell Armstrong, sell Brereton and build back.

one problem with that, Mowbray.  He hasn’t a clue about building a team even if he is allowed any funds to do it.   Mowbray must go!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Can they? Of the returning loanees Vale barely featured for a Rochdale side that got relegated to League 2, Chapman is most likely going to leave, Hilton is of on loan again according to reports, Magloire isn't good enough, the likes of Lyons, White, Mulgrew and Grayson have all been released. About the only one the only returning loanee who has shown he might be up to it and deserves a chance is Carter.

As for the other under 23's players if the manager isn't willing to even put them on the bench for dead rubbers at the end of the season then he isn't going to use them from the beginning of the new season. Also it is a massive jump from under 23's football to Championship football and putting so many players into the team at once isn't going to benefit them or the team.

Of the four you name who have been let go, none would challenge for the first team. I would say Carter, Magloire, Pickering, Pike and McBride will challenge for the first team. Has Chapman left yet ? I am not talking about throwing the younger players straight into the first team, from the U23s. They would be intergrated into the first team squad.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

If any of the following players signed for Rovers today: Woods, Graham, Wintle, Rhodes, Ruffels, Pearson, Campbell, Onyedimna, Lansbury, Jerome & Dozzell - there would've been massive backlash and online vitriol from many supporters, and on most accounts, rightly so.

The players available so early, much like the ones we've let go early, are the players discarded by other clubs. They're not the ones we should be going after. Could you just imagine if we'd sorted out 3 deals so far in the form of Cameron Jerome, Andre Dozzell and Jordan Graham - people would be absolutely fuming.

You're bang on mate. Although I'd take Rhodes back purely for sentimental reasons in the hope that we could get goals out of him again. 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Most of those squad members who have left will not be missed. Most could be replaced with our returning loanees or U23s. 

I agree, but as has always been the case under Mowbray, we need more quality in the first eleven, two or three signings who'll go straight in and make a difference.

We don't want to be replacing the dross that's left with a different set of dross and more squad fillers.

Edit: And that's assuming we don't lose Armstrong or Nyambe.

Wish someone would give us our money back for Gallagher.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

Trouble is when he finally got around to signing first team ready players they were either varying levels of not very good to start with or decent but always injured.

Exhibits  - Ayala, Trybull, Johnson, Holtby, Douglas - throw them in whichever category you want.

Notable exception was Downing but he was only bit part used really and the frozen out after they got him back.

I'm confused again. So our market this summer is free agents and loans. So why aren't we signing free agents? Birmingham, Luton and Huddersfield to name 3 clubs who we should be expecting to finish above are signing players on free transfers.

If you want to use that market you have to move quickly to catch the good ones. Is this a serious policy? Waiting until they are all signed up elsewhere then bemoaning a lack of options?

Expect some more Mowbray snobbery or nonsense about players demands to justify inertia in the market

• Like 1

Because as was the case in later GB years and Coyles stint they are scrimping on a month or twos wages. 

Yet a year or so ago good old Tone was handing out monthly extensions to players he wasn't using and had no intention of.

Stinker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

The quality of these players in question is pretty sub par. I would hope we can do better. Both Elliott and THB last year were far superior deals and the better loanee's come later on in the window and sometimes even later on in the season.

Izzy Brown: Sheffield Wednesday fans thought he was tosh, and this feels like his 17th loan move.

Josh Bowler: A bit of a weird one. Been at a few different clubs and never produced at first team level, now 22.

Sepp Van Den Berg: Was at PNE last year and looked really average, better than Branthwaite? Maybe about the same level.

Bowler has been at 3 clubs. QPR, bought for 1.5 mil up to 4.5 mil by Everton, on loan at Hull and looked good when I saw him. How is him being 22 relevant to anything? Same age as BB but we are constantly told he is an investment.

2 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

Just been reading on Twitter, a number of supporters are saying sell Armstrong, sell Brereton and build back.

one problem with that, Mowbray.  He hasn’t a clue about building a team even if he is allowed any funds to do it.   Mowbray must go!

Not a cat in hells chance I'd trust Mowbray with a decent transfer kitty to build a squad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'm confused again. So our market this summer is free agents and loans. So why aren't we signing free agents? Birmingham, Luton and Huddersfield to name 3 clubs who we should be expecting to finish above are signing players on free transfers.

If you want to use that market you have to move quickly to catch the good ones. Is this a serious policy? Waiting until they are all signed up elsewhere then bemoaning a lack of options?

Expect some more Mowbray snobbery or nonsense about players demands to justify inertia in the market

We can't even recruit a head of recruitment after 5 months. 

It's an amateur set up masquerading as a professional football club 

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We need new leadership. 

100%

We will never get anywhere under Venkys regime. The only way would be if they appointed a competent Chief Exec to run the club (day to day stuff etc.) They could still have final say on transfers and big decisions but the current setup is destined to fail.

Of course, 11 years in and they have never appointed one and obviously binned off the last one as soon as they got through the door. 

Horrific decision that the club has been paying the price for ever since.

• Like 7

The best thing to do on Sunday would be to sack the Manager and get Ismael in as a new manager.  4 years with Mowbray is enough. 

OH now I realized we once again been to slow and WBA snapped him up. That's them winning the league.... 😢 

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ivic

Howe

Gattuso

Silva

Lampard

Available managers.

Think all of them are well out of our price range. Plus there’s also the fact Tony is seemingly unsackable. Depressing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Of the four you name who have been let go, none would challenge for the first team. I would say Carter, Magloire, Pickering, Pike and McBride will challenge for the first team. Has Chapman left yet ? I am not talking about throwing the younger players straight into the first team, from the U23s. They would be intergrated into the first team squad.  

Chapman hasn't sign a new contract and his contract expires in 5 days time. 

Isn't Maglorie going on loan? 

Pickering will be 1st choice left back this coming season. 

I expect Pike, Carter, McBride to be part of the first team squad. I agree with integrated them into the first team instead of signing players to be squad players. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

And how many of the players those 3 clubs have signed would you have signed here? Maybe 1 of them? 

No evidence whatsoever that Pike and McBride are capable of playing Championship football. They should have been tested in the dead rubbers, as it is, we cant rely upon them as it stands. If they do break through, bonus, but we cant count in them as squad players when they havent kicked a ball in the first team.

Every year we have supposedly half an under 23 team that "should be part of the first team this year" but it doesnt work like that.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No evidence whatsoever that Pike and McBride are capable of playing Championship football. They should have been tested in the dead rubbers, as it is, we cant rely upon them as it stands.

I'll never forgive Tony for that. Not the first time he has done it either. He has done more harmful things for sure, but not trying out the youth players on the fringes when there is NOTHING of any importance to play for other than arguably salvaging his own job is up there with Gallagher at RB for pure stupidity that can't be excused in any way.

• Like 4