BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thanks for the research. 

I'm not going down the attendances road again. It makes me angry how oblivious you are to how self inflicted our issues are.

Of course Middlesbrough get more fans than us. Not because of Mowbray's narrative that they are a giant football club but just through competent management and not operating disgracefully like this club does. 

We've made a profit since 2019 on player trading and if Armstrong is sold it will be substantial. 

So why do we need to release half the squad and can't even sign free agents?

Venky taps are off folks. They've given up on St Mowbray but don't have the interest, balls or cash to fire him. 

A profit on player trading alone doesn't matter if you're losing money elsewhere. That 190% wage to income ratio accounted for income from transfers. 

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thanks for the research. 

I'm not going down the attendances road again. It makes me angry how oblivious you are to how self inflicted our issues are.

Of course Middlesbrough get more fans than us. Not because of Mowbray's narrative that they are a giant football club but just through competent management and not operating disgracefully like this club does. 

We've made a profit since 2019 on player trading and if Armstrong is sold it will be substantial. 

Venky taps are off folks. They've given up on St Mowbray but don't have the interest, balls or cash to fire him. 

How have we made a profit on player trading since 2019?

Who did we sell?

Edited by islander200

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just run the club properly would be a start. Employ competent people and let them run the club, treat fans with an ounce of respect, sack a failed manager, that sort of thing.

yes we all agree but Rovers would still have a massive wage bill to start with. 

So  you need a hire a a good footballing CEO to run the club and put in a proper football structure and plan in place of how the club will be run. Then come up with good pricing on season tickets and match day. And talk to speaking to fans who haven't bought ST for a few years and how to get them back if you can. I know some Rovers fans who won't come back to a regular match going due to family and work commitments. But the club ticketing staff and the CEO/commercial director should be talking to fans and doing what they can to get them back

8 minutes ago, JBiz said:

What / who are these magic wand solutions to all our worries lads?

These sort of comments don't help. The suggstion that our issues cannot be rectified quickly with a plan and joined up decision making. They can. The suggestion that things are ok and don't need changing quickly, whereas the trajectory of the club over the last 6-12 months on and off the pitch sets alarm bells ringing and tells me there needs to be urgent change.

Magic wand solutions? Remove Waggott and Mowbray - neither of which have done well enough at their jobs, neither of which if we are being truthful should have been here in the first place, both of which have squandered millions and the last 2 seasons going nowhere.

On Waggott's watch income has declined along with attendances and by the sounds of things morale behind the scenes is at an all time low.

Replace them with a conventional structure with competent staff. A CEO or Chairman appointed on merit rather than the recommendation of the manager. A CEO or Chairman empowered to recruit and fire managers and coaching staff based on results and performance who can recruit based on suitability for the club and performance rather than who is cheapest/most desperate or has a popular agent representing him.

A CEO or Chairman given a budget in good time to plan and prepare and work with the manager on recruitment.

A CEO or Chairman judged not just on how many pounds he can save the owners but on growing, nurturing and progressing the club on and off the pitch - increasing attendances, improving the atmosphere and image around the club.

A CEO or Chairman who understands supporters, listens to and has the ability to act on concerns rather than lying through his teeth and refusing refunds of hard earned cash. Maybe even responds when people write in with concerns (too much to ask?)

There we go - 5 minutes on here and I've performed 'magic'.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

A profit on player trading alone doesn't matter if you're losing money elsewhere. That 190% wage to income ratio accounted for income from transfers. 

So much of that over recent year is absolutely needles though.

I presume also that the wage bill covers everyone's wages not just playing staff. God knows who is actually on there and how it's distributed.

The wage bill doesn't just bloat itself it's the one's who keep bloating it and allowing it that are the real problem.  An example - Stuart Downing must have cost around 1.5 million minimum in his 2 spells with us.   For what ?  Absolutely needless, pointless manager driven signing.

All that is in the 190% and that's just the tip of it.

We can cut our cloth accordingly if the right people are tasked with doing it, they aren't.

• Like 1

Pretty gutted by the comments our new signings dictate our style of play. It makes me wonder two things:

1) Could we get any more unprofessional. A terrible way to do it, and somehow even more foolhardy given said players will be loans and change year on year. 

2) How does anyone hearing this stuff not roll on the floor laughing and question this bull? It's utter madness yet no one challenges it. 

Joke owners, joke CEO, joke manager. An utter insult to the club and I can only hope and pray the whole lot do one asap.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Look at the club accounts and we are losing millions of pounds per season. Thats what FFP is focus on the Profit and loss column in the club accounts

Have we made a profit on player trading? Sold Raya and bought Gallagher in 2019

and 2020 we bought Kaminski and Pickering so where is profit on player trading

Venkys have put into the club yearly but still lack the knowhow and experience to run a successful football club

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So much of that over recent year is absolutely needles though.

I presume also that the wage bill covers everyone's wages not just playing staff. God knows who is actually on there and how it's distributed.

The wage bill doesn't just bloat itself it's the one's who keep bloating it and allowing it that are the real problem.  An example - Stuart Downing must have cost around 1.5 million minimum in his 2 spells with us.   For what ?  Absolutely needless, pointless manager driven signing.

All that is in the 190% and that's just the tip of it.

We can cut our cloth accordingly if the right people are tasked with doing it, they aren't.

That's the biggest issue with the club finances handing out contract extensions and handing out lucrative contracts to ageing and players with history of injury issues.

We can't afford to give contracts that our assets will sign now because Mowbray decided to sign up the "men" in the dressing room.

The amount of money wasted has been absolutely ridiculous 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Owners write debt off?

For absolute clarity, the vast majority of the club debt is owed interest-free to Venky group companies, so the act of writing it off would purely be window-dressing and would have no material impact on the P&L (& by extension FFP).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Pretty gutted by the comments our new signings dictate our style of play. It makes me wonder two things:

1) Could we get any more unprofessional. A terrible way to do it, and somehow even more foolhardy given said players will be loans and change year on year. 

2) How does anyone hearing this stuff not roll on the floor laughing and question this bull? It's utter madness yet no one challenges it. 

Joke owners, joke CEO, joke manager. An utter insult to the club and I can only hope and pray the whole lot do one asap.

3) What happens when said loanees get injured or are recalled by their parent clubs? Do we then change to yet another style?

The guy is embarassing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, J*B said:

I wouldn’t want a young player from a Premiership club that’s unproven at this level. If I’m buying I’m looking for someone who has a minimum 30 professional league appearances and has scored goals. Not bothered too much which league - I’d take League 1 no problems - but for me we can’t afford to gamble on a Idah or Obafemi. If it does have to be one of them, I want a loan with a option to buy. 

IF Armstrong goes then whoever comes in as a replacement, under no circumstances whatsoever should it be a loan imo. The money will just get swallowed up and he'll never be properly replaced.

7 minutes ago, Gavrover said:

Then when you actually read the article it says they've not met value but still interested..

Which means they have had an initial offer knocked back but remain in advanced talks with us to get the deal done. Will be add ons etc to sort, we will want most of the cash upfront.