BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will Mowbray be gone at the end of the season?

Will Mowbray be gone at the end of the season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be gone at the end of the season? Simple as that

• Yes
    • No

43 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

When does his current contract actually expire do we know? November?

IF he was still at the helm and IF fans are allowed back in then he wouldn't even last that long in the new season.

Sitting in a dugout in an empty stadium is a different proposition to having I dunno even 8 thousand fans expressing their views. His next job, if he even gets one is league 1 or below at a much lower rate of pay. As much as I want shut, he's not stupid and he knows that.

I don't even want to think about the prospect of a new contract 😕

If the results of this poll thus far actually came to pass and Mowbray is still in situ at the start of next season (which I don’t believe will be the case), there’ll be no bugger on Ewood in August.

If he leaves amicably (by mutual consent) at the end of this season and Venkys appoint a replacement that excites everyone, price season tickets sensibly, I believe that season ticket sales will be the best for 10 years.

That is the stark reality and what is at stake. Hopefully the owners at last see some sense and understanding!....

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

If the results of this poll thus far actually came to pass and Mowbray is still in situ at the start of next season (which I don’t believe will be the case), there’ll be no bugger on Ewood in August.

If he leaves amicably (by mutual consent) at the end of this season and Venkys appoint a replacement that excites everyone, price season tickets sensibly, I believe that season ticket sales will be the best for 10 years.

That is the stark reality and what is at stake. Hopefully the owners at last see some sense and understanding!....

Oh I'll be there alright, with the sole intention of driving him out 👍

• Like 3

A new contract for him means relegation at some point in the next couple of years. Alongside the lowest average gates since 1990.  Some idiots amongst our fanbase are still deluded enough to think we are still going to go upwards under him and Waggot.

They've no intention of trying for that even if funds and the platform is there.

Are the owners still stupid enough to buy this ?   Yes probably especially when being they are doubtless being fed propaganda by the guys safety buffer CEO and his agency. Helped bizarrely by the naive urchins who claim they want change but run around compiling stats that give the illusion his system is actually working.

You couldn't make it up, then again you don't need to with these guys around and Venkys at the helm.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

He isn't going anywhere. If there were grounds for him to be gone it would have happened by now. 

Results - 6 straight defeats, 1 win in 15, 1 win in 11. 

Wasting money - Bereton and Gally

Failure to get near playoffs- collapse last season, nowhere near this year

Lack of long term thinking - half the squad out of contract

Improving players - who?

Any evaluative criteria were it happening would have triggered the boot by now. 

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

He isn't going anywhere. If there were grounds for him to be gone it would have happened by now. 

Results - 6 straight defeats, 1 win in 15, 1 win in 11. 

Wasting money - Bereton and Gally

Failure to get near playoffs- collapse last season, nowhere near this year

Lack of long term thinking - half the squad out of contract

Improving players - who?

Any evaluative criteria were it happening would have triggered the boot by now. 

I’ll have you a tenner and give you odds of 10-1 that Mowbray isn’t the manager when pre-season training starts in July!

• Like 1

Proactive, ambitious, engaged club in touch with reality and the fanbase and responding to a failed season and dire results = get shut of Mowbray and his staff, promptly appoint a new manager with some sort of clout or standing in the game that at least might surprise us and do well next season. Price season tickets at £250 in all areas except upper JW and give people something to believe in. For those 2500 or so who bought this season they should get next season for £100 as a thank you.

Clueless Rovers = keep Mowbray and co. in the bizarre belief that he will change or things will come good or that he is actually the best/only man for the job. Wait until June or July to start selling season tickets and then do so at £400+ in all areas along with some ridiculous strapline, then act confused/amazed when people don't buy. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Proactive, ambitious, engaged club in touch with reality and the fanbase and responding to a failed season and dire results = get shut of Mowbray and his staff, promptly appoint a new manager with some sort of clout or standing in the game that at least might surprise us and do well next season. Price season tickets at £250 in all areas except upper JW and give people something to believe in. For those 2500 or so who bought this season they should get next season for £100 as a thank you.

Clueless Rovers = keep Mowbray and co. in the bizarre belief that he will change or things will come good or that he is actually the best/only man for the job. Wait until June or July to start selling season tickets and then do so at £400+ in all areas along with some ridiculous strapline, then act confused/amazed when people don't buy. 

Based on past actions, I'm going with Clueless Rovers

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I’ll have you a tenner and give you odds of 10-1 that Mowbray isn’t the manager when pre-season training starts in July!

I'll have that tenner with you, winner pays it into a charity of their choice.

Best £10 I've spent if Mowbrays gone 👌

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 3

After those words we've basically flopped for a season and a half that has been difficult for every club and person in the land not just Blackburn.

A few good results either end of the restart, a few spectacular ones early doors this time and possibly a few at the end. A whole dose of nothingness inbetween alongside weekly excuses and spin. Yet backing in the summer we'd probably no right to expect given the circumstances. Gone into this season with strongest squad in depth he's had here and we've had for years, didn't have Ayala last season and managed most of it without Dack, same as this one.

Flopped badly no two ways about it and no logbook of excuses can cover it all.

Expect more nonsense as this season rolls to a close.

Time is way past being up.

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I'll have that tenner with you, winner pays it into a charity of their choice.

Best £10 I've spent if Mowbrays gone 👌

I’ll have that tenner too please. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oops, Didn't look at the start date of this thread , thought it was about the 2021/22 season, still going to vote No, new contract offered after the historic 18 passes strung together in our own penalty area and 1-1 draw that stopped Peterborough's 8 game losing streak to keep us in the Championship by one point .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I find it bizarre that darrenrover was really vocal for weeks during the end of the season and just afterwards, yet nothing from him for a bit now.

Whats going on?

He was banned by admin.

• Like 1