BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

15,000 ready to return as soon as the Venkyscum fuck off

1500 maybe.

Unfortunately I think the vast majority of that 15,000 that disappeared are gone forever, regardless of venkys.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Probably a good half, or more, of our present fan base think Venky’s are a good thing. ‘Where would we be without them?’ comes the whine…’Nobody will buy us,’ comes the whimper.

Well have a look at little Wigan Athletic then. Almost relegated from League One. Selling all their best players after going into Administration. Almost lost their ground. Tiny fan base.

Surprise, surprise, somebody has bought them. Who would have thought it? These things don’t happen. Well, that’s what the bleaters of Blackburn think. Wigan now sold 6k season tickets as a L1 club, and they have only been on sale for three weeks. 

If Venky’s aren’t kicked out (and they won’t be, our passive supporters have already proved they haven’t the stomach for a fight), the status quo will remain. Except, it won’t be a status quo because there will be a downward trajectory. Until Venky’s leave, we are only going in one direction and our crowds will continue to diminish accordingly. If we aren’t already, we’ll become the laughing stock of the Lancashire town clubs. 

We had the chance to do something about it but fecked it up.

Exactly right. It's like the band continuing to play as the Titanic sank - just carry on as normal and hope the problems go away.

Never too late to do something about it. I have a feeling many of the passive supporters may well turn this season. Once the majority realise we are on the road to ruin we may be able to get some protests going.

Never too late.  Recalim the Rovers

• Like 2

I used to be a season ticket holder for years but I stopped going about 9 years ago. I won't ever go again.  I dont see any appeal to it at all. Even if it was a season ticket at man utd Liverpool Chelsea City etc I wouldn't go but I don't see any appeal whatsoever of wanting to watch rovers.  There's literally zero excitement to it. Drab manager poor players etc. I can't get my head around why people find this exciting.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I used to be a season ticket holder for years but I stopped going about 9 years ago. I won't ever go again.  I dont see any appeal to it at all. Even if it was a season ticket at man utd Liverpool Chelsea City etc I wouldn't go but I don't see any appeal whatsoever of wanting to watch rovers.  There's literally zero excitement to it. Drab manager poor players etc. I can't get my head around why people find this exciting.  

Why are you on this board then? 

• Like 3

Just now, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Why are you on this board then? 

Because I still follow rovers Casually now.  I dont really look out for the results as much anymore just to stay in touch on here. I'm always happy to discuss rovers.  I was one of those that attended every protest so I'm not some fair weather fan. I just feel completely disconnected to rovers now

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Because I still follow rovers Casually now.  I dont really look out for the results as much anymore just to stay in touch on here. I'm always happy to discuss rovers.  I was one of those that attended every protest so I'm not some fair weather fan. I just feel completely disconnected to rovers now

No disrespect but as I said before I’m not really sure why you and many others bother posting on this blackburn rovers football club supporters board. If you are still protesting then fair enough but it really doesn’t fit here on a season ticket topic when you clearly never have intention of buying a season ticket again. 

3 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

No disrespect but as I said before I’m not really sure why you and many others bother posting on this blackburn rovers football club supporters board. If you are still protesting then fair enough but it really doesn’t fit here on a season ticket topic when you clearly never have intention of buying a season ticket again. 

I've been  a member of this forum for 20 years. Whether I'm a season ticket holder or not I'm still going to post on here.  I dont really post as much as I used to anyway 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Never had a season ticket in my life, lived 200 yards from the ground, born in a house 20 yards from the stands, played for their first ever centre of excellence(before Brockhall was a glint in Jack's eye), played for their A and B team, lived in nuttall Street,  mate you don't have to go to the games regular to be a Rovers fan.

How anyone can find this drab shit fun? Good luck to you lad.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I've been  a member of this forum for 20 years. Whether I'm a season ticket holder or not I'm still going to post on here.  I dont really post as much as I used to anyway 

OK you like posting and thats great but if its all just negative stuff (you admit you cant get excited about football) then whats the point? Lets face it, Venkys have screwed up big time but no amount of negative posts on here is going to change that.

For those of us who still watch its about hoping that there will be some light at the end of the tunnel. We don’t need folk discouraging us from having that hope or not attending. 

Last year I was seriously ill and never thought I would ever be able to go to Ewood again. Thankfully I have recovered and last Wednesday I made sure I did and it felt great. Yes it was a bit scary being there but you only live once. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

OK you like posting and thats great but if its all just negative stuff (you admit you cant get excited about football) then whats the point? Lets face it, Venkys have screwed up big time but no amount of negative posts on here is going to change that.

For those of us who still watch its about hoping that there will be some light at the end of the tunnel. We don’t need folk discouraging us from having that hope or not attending. 

Last year I was seriously ill and never thought I would ever be able to go to Ewood again. Thankfully I have recovered and last Wednesday I made sure I did and it felt great. Yes it was a bit scary being there but you only live once. 

Well I'm happy u pulled through.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I dont attend either but I still care. I DO look for results, get excited if we win and would attend some games, especially if Mowbray left. I havent given up all hope yet.

That pretty much sums up where I am.  My candle for Rovers has all but diminished but there is a tiny wick which hopes to be re-ignited.  Though it grows smaller with every passing year of Venkys reign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That pretty much sums up where I am.  My candle for Rovers has all but diminished but there is a tiny wick which hopes to be re-ignited.  Though it grows smaller with every passing year of Venkys reign.

I get this and there must be quite a few with the same view but by not attending there is less chance of that candle being re-ignited. Its not just about less income through ticket sales, merchandise, catering, hospitality etc. It’s about match day experience and support for the team. Even 15000 Rovers fans would create a much better atmosphere. 

Covid has brought home to many of us that we need to value those things that we have taken for granted. It would be great if some of those still holding a candle for Rovers showed their support at Ewood. 

• Like 2

Yes Indeed,we had a chance for change when the protests were at there peak but remember,a large portion of our support stood,laughed and lambasted those who protested in the rain.I hope those same people are liking where the club is now....you reap what you sow.

Still struggling to come to terms that it looks like Wigan and Blackpool have sold more ST....feck me, the damage inflicted is off the scale.

Painfull to witness what's happening.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5

On 30/07/2021 at 17:58, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They have virtually undone all the hard work of the Walker era that was done to build the fanbase..we are looking at pre 1990 crowds.

The Venky two Hats have so much to answer for😠

Imagine billionaires throwing £200m at something and that was the result.

• Like 5

If it meant they could carry on with things the way they are, employ whoever they wanted without any fan interference they'd fund this club if there was nobody in the stands at all.  I'm utterly convinced of that, the fans to them just get in the way of their pals running the show.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If it meant they could carry on with things the way they are, employ whoever they wanted without any fan interference they'd fund this club if there was nobody in the stands at all.  I'm utterly convinced of that, the fans to them just get in the way of their pals running the show.

We always end up back at the same question: what do they get from continuing to run the club?

Without getting into conspiracy theories you have to assume they just don’t care. Somebody puts a bank overdraft increase in front of them each year and they hold their nose and sign it.

I imagine they avoid the shame of what they’ve done by just not thinking about it. In the quiet moments where they feel any tiny twinge of guilt at the way they have insulted the memory of a proud Blackburn man (never mind the supporters) they will likely just blame Balaji and vow never to speak of the blue-and-white problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Without getting into conspiracy theories you have to assume they just don’t care. Somebody puts a bank overdraft increase in front of them each year and they hold their nose and sign it.

I'm not sure it's hurting them this 20m.  They can move losses across the group via a good taxation accountant.  Their business has grown stupidly over the last 18 months, I'm not sure it will scratch the surface once the writing down has finished.  They are a conglomerate and whilst I'm sure there is an element of scrutiny,  with them seemingly had enough of Mogadon.   I bet as much as you want the next manager in the chair then will give some money too

I'm not defending them...they've got so much money it's unreal.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Does anyone know how many Season Tickets we've shifted?

The giveaway will be later this week once the renewal deadline has passed and all unsold seats become available. Then we can go online and see for ourselves how many remain unsold. 

Last I heard they'd hit 5000 which is probably about what I would expect.