BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I’ve not renewed yet and I probably fall into that category. Waiting til the end of the month.

I’ve not got mine yet. Still planning on doing. Think 5k would be optimistic at this point though.

• Like 1

There are other variables involved but even without covid the fanbase has been decimating again for a few years. A sure sign the present management has been seen through and reached and breached its shelf life.

Probably get to around 5k by the end of summer and with walk on prices and taxes we are finally looking at pre 1991 crowds. This is the price you pay for treating fans like mugs whilst looking after yourselves first.

Sad state of affairs and Rovers is a fanbase that has always needed stimulating now and again. Needs something to believe in and just stability when we've so much more to offer doesn't cut it.

Have a go and see where we land is acceptable, shrugging shoulders and waffling out stuff that belongs on the football equivalent of Fawlty Towers year after year isn't.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve not got mine yet. Still planning on doing. Think 5k would be optimistic at this point though.

I'm probably in the same boat. 

Have had a season ticket for many years up to last season. Had every intention of renewing last season had prices been frozen or there been a marginal increase as a gesture of solidarity to the Club until Waggott whacked prices for the Riverside up by 25% for a season when no-one could attend. For that reason I was out.

Haven't had a thing from the Club trying to get me back in the fold. I find that unbelievable. Can only assume Waggott doesn't particularly want home fans in the ground.

• Like 2

Waggott has delivered his first increase in numbers. 2500 last year and already 3000 this! 

Hooray and keep up the good work. 

The likely gap of 3000 or so between what we sold in 19/20 and will reach this summer if we are lucky will be put down to Covid.

After all, they've done all they can

Football fans in general are a resilient bunch, I know no other industry where as a consumer you can be treated so badly so often, yet still want to throw your hard earned cash at the product. But there comes a time when even the most hardened fan base (which we are not) have had enough and I think we're reaching that point under Venkys ownership.

The fans will always be there as far as I'm concerned, thats just my opinion, if Venkys sod off back under the rock and sell the club to local ownership then the fans will return, our fanbase is strong, but many have just simply had enough of the owners and the cr@p appointments.

I'll go next season, thats what we do as fans, I have no expectations, we are a million miles from a playoff spot and even further from having a club geared up for Premiership football, I just hope these morons crawl back under that rock and allow this club and town to heal. 

• Like 6

Very sad figures but what did we expect? 
We have a totally demoralised fan base ….. a club ,  without a heart , being “run”  by 3 men without either brain or conscience…

Today, I feel like my divorce has finally come through ….we’ve had a period of separation ….I’ve felt lonely, I’ve felt angry, I’ve felt hurt…but, once the decision is made…..I feel better…..I’m off to Stanley with a very reasonable season ticket, a manager who  is a real football bloke and owners who do their best. 

I shall look for the Rovers result , I shall continue to follow this message board and pray that the day I return to Ewood won’t be too far away…but it will only be AM ….After Mowbray 

• Like 1

I'm sensing a surprising level of consensus on here between people. Almost complete acceptance as to who and what is to blame for this and those pitiful sales figures.

Usually you'd get a chunk of 'get behind the lads FFS' or 'the club has done its bit and can't do any more'.

Not yet this time though. Seems that we are nearly all on the same page as to the weary state of the Club. Refreshing to see but sad that this is the state we are in.

• Like 1

with a week to go before the seat deadline I would imagine that we get another couple of thousands. 

Its disappointing we can't match the figures from 2 seasons ago. 

I have renewed my ST and I am looking forward to watching live inside stadium football

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

with a week to go before the seat deadline I would imagine that we get another couple of thousands. 

The same blind optimism that Waggott showed when he came up with that pathetic £10,000 raffle

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The same blind optimism that Waggott showed when he came up with that pathetic £10,000 raffle

I know some people who have renewed just today Miller11. Just like yourself who hasn't renew yet. 

I can't remember the £10,000 raffle to be honest. After the past 16 months of not being able to watch live inside stadium football I just want to get back to Ewood Park as soon as possible

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

After the past 16 months of not being able to watch live inside stadium football I just want to get back to Ewood Park as soon as possible

Yeah, I think I’ve seen you mention it a time or two. And I do get it. Unfortunately the last decade has undoubtably turned a large number of fans off.

Waggott continues to show he is not just out of touch, but completely incompetent with his approach to tickets.

5k is very poor, and I doubt we will shift that many.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know some people who have renewed just today Miller11. Just like yourself who hasn't renew yet. 

I can't remember the £10,000 raffle to be honest. After the past 16 months of not being able to watch live inside stadium football I just want to get back to Ewood Park as soon as possible

Our offical season ticket sales figures for the 4 years after relegation:

2012/13 - 10,500

2013/14 - 10,700

2014/15 - 11,400

2015/16 - 10,400

Fast forward 5 years and here we are at 3000. The sad part is that even if by some miracle we managed to get back to 8,500 as per 2 years ago this would be hailed as a resounding success and yet even that is substantially lower than what we were getting at this level not long ago.

Sustained decline. Where does it stop? I used to think the bottom point would be 7-8,000 hardcore. Seems those days will be yearned for before long.

Who down there is concerned, interested, bothered in these alarming figures? Nobody.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yeah, I think I’ve seen you mention it a time or two. And I do get it. Unfortunately the last decade has undoubtably turned a large number of fans off.

Waggott continues to show he is not just out of touch, but completely incompetent with his approach to tickets.

5k is very poor, and I doubt we will shift that many.

I can't control the number of fans who have decide not to renew their season tickets. 

Yes I agree that Waggott is out of touch with fans and doesn't know how to get fans back at Ewood. Waggott needs to communicate with non season tickets and find out how to get them back if you can now cos people circumstances have changed since this pandemic starts

Yes 5k isn't very good and Its sad to the club go that way but I will continue to renew my season ticket each season. 

I'll be renewing mine and my daughter's closer to the renewal deadline; I'd like to think that there are more like us who keep hold of our money as long as we can :) and that the number will grow. Like Chaddy, I'm looking forward to getting down to Ewood again.

Waggott has completely shot himself in the foot though with his pricing strategy. He's gambled on getting a decent uptake of season tickets by overpricing match day tickets, but that appears to have backfired on him. If by some remarkable reason we enjoy some on pitch success whereby we would normally have seen a good number of walk-ons, this won't happen due to the ludicrous match day prices. 

We could very well be stuck at sub 8k (at best) all season.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'll be renewing mine and my daughter's closer to the renewal deadline; I'd like to think that there are more like us who keep hold of our money as long as we can :) and that the number will grow. Like Chaddy, I'm looking forward to getting down to Ewood again.

Waggott has completely shot himself in the foot though with his pricing strategy. He's gambled on getting a decent uptake of season tickets by overpricing match day tickets, but that appears to have backfired on him. If by some remarkable reason we enjoy some on pitch success whereby we would normally have seen a good number of walk-ons, this won't happen due to the ludicrous match day prices. 

The only fall back there would be shifting a decent amount of half ST's but that would require us to be challenging around Christmas.

Could happen under a new manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

waggot is either an idiot(possibly),who does`nt understand his target market, or a sinister influence who wants to damage the club permanently,already had a go at flogging half the training complex so he`s probably moving on to the ground,what better way than to destroy the attendance level by ramping up match day prices to stupid levels,when gates are at 7/8000 he`ll come out and say staying at ewood is unsustainable in the long run,thankfully it is an asset of the community so he might have difficulty selling it for his ambition to line his own pockets,the slimy ****,at the present time,id`e take administration and playing in the north west counties if it got rid of venkys,waggot and mowbray

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Encouraging’ and ‘promising’ according the the sages of the LT comment section

🥴

Another gem from the LT comments:

" I'm getting giddy already for what will be a massive challenging season ahead - no doubt.
The pitch is amazing. I've been peeking my beak through the gaps ... looks good enough to eat off "😜

Its a crying ferkin shame what is happening down Ewood way.Heartbreaking.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Christ.

From near 20,000 to 10,000 to 8,000 to 3,000 (disclaimer being a few weeks still to go ) ST holders in a decade.

You literally couldn’t have done a better job wrecking a fanbase if that was your actual intention.

I hope you don’t mind but I have included your stat in my latest email to Waggot. It’s a shocking indictment of the way our club has been managed

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve fairly regularly regaled the forum over the years about when I had a chat with John Williams who was told on his first day by the directors that we ‘have 8,000 fans’.

The board (remember those!) meant that though we may have 20,000+ sitting in the home stands every week, it’s that 8,000 that will be your forever core and you have to work your arse off to keep and perhaps even grow the rest.

And it held true, despite Kean, relegation, Coyle, another relegation and generally a decade of utter crap there was always a minimum of 8/9000 ST holders…

until Waggott.

very true,at least in the past you had some hope that idiots like kean and coyle would eventually get the boot,this lot are running the whole show,it looks like swag,mowbray and venus have convinced venkys that they can be trusted to run the football club on their own,god alone knows what tales they are telling them😯

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

See you at the Leeds game.