BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Covid passports will be required by the looks of it.

Wonder how Waggott will play the refunds for those who can't or won't meet the criteria.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9784665/Fans-Premier-League-matches-need-Covid-passport-round-matches.html

Nowhere does that report say that covid passports will be compulsory, and only the premiership is even mentioned.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Nowhere does that report say that covid passports will be compulsory, and only the premiership is even mentioned.

It doesn't but I cannot see fans going on the ground after October , like a previous poster pointed out ,how will Waggott play  the refunds ???

24 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

It doesn't but I cannot see fans going on the ground after October , like a previous poster pointed out ,how will Waggott play  the refunds ???

Simple - he'll just refuse or pretend there's no option and 'offer' I Follow instead. He did that last season and got away with it.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Simple - he'll just refuse or pretend there's no option and 'offer' I Follow instead. He did that last season and got away with it.

Exactly my thoughts too , thats why I am very reluctant to buy a season ticket , cos they owe 6 games from 2019/20.

Myself and my 7 year old son are first time season ticket holders next season, after going to 10+ games a season for the last few years.

I did the same as a 7/8 year old, and the memories of seeing your sporting heroes at that age massively outweighs the issues in the way the club is being ran.

Ask me again in May :-S

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Exactly my thoughts too , thats why I am very reluctant to buy a season ticket , cos they owe 6 games from 2019/20.

One of my questions to the Club is why we weren't offered refunds for missed games in 2019/20 - apparently because the Club couldn't afford it - yet the Club is refunding/discounting fans for missed games in 2020/21, at much greater expense.

What's the difference?

On the above logic I Follow access alone was sufficient compensation for the 4 missed games in 2019/20 - when fans had bought tickets well before Covid had even been heard of, yet is not sufficient compensation for games missed in 2020/21 - when fans were well aware of the risks when buying.

Cases are rising amongst school kids and the youth ages, accounting fir over 65% of daily infections the rest are in the main 18-29 yr olds. Can’t see any reason why crowds won’t be allowed in Ewood esp as the north west numbers are nowhere as bad as say the north east

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Cases are rising amongst school kids and the youth ages, accounting fir over 65% of daily infections the rest are in the main 18-29 yr olds

18-29 is the age range of many a side. Highly probable we will be back where we were in March 20 with games getting called off at last minute.

Kübler-Ross sums up the current situation (as well as the decade under Venkys). The only change I’d make to their chart below is to recognise that the right hand side is, and will remain, lower than the left hand side.

When Allardyce was sacked, we were in denial and believed there would be a better man coming in. While Kean was here we were in the anger stages and we have been bouncing between anger and trying to find meaning (or hope) ever since. Now too long under Mowbray and Waggott (compounded by a pandemic where we have only been able to sit and watch without any ability to show our feelings) we are a mixture of hopelessness and hostility, and people are losing interest. Right now most people are accepting that Mowbray is untouchable and, as far as Venkys appear to be concerned, he is more important than the club. As a result people will move on (Dunny style or post-PL-relegation style).

Anyone who is still enthused about the upcoming season hasn’t even started their own cycle yet - and most likely never will.

D5259ED3-D156-4100-8898-7BB3C4C80FDA.thumb.jpeg.847f2f5af35e45ac120efa3e590f82d6.jpeg

• Like 3

On 17/07/2021 at 09:20, Stuart said:

Kübler-Ross sums up the current situation (as well as the decade under Venkys). The only change I’d make to their chart below is to recognise that the right hand side is, and will remain, lower than the left hand side.

When Allardyce was sacked, we were in denial and believed there would be a better man coming in. While Kean was here we were in the anger stages and we have been bouncing between anger and trying to find meaning (or hope) ever since. Now too long under Mowbray and Waggott (compounded by a pandemic where we have only been able to sit and watch without any ability to show our feelings) we are a mixture of hopelessness and hostility, and people are losing interest. Right now most people are accepting that Mowbray is untouchable and, as far as Venkys appear to be concerned, he is more important than the club. As a result people will move on (Dunny style or post-PL-relegation style).

Anyone who is still enthused about the upcoming season hasn’t even started their own cycle yet - and most likely never will.

D5259ED3-D156-4100-8898-7BB3C4C80FDA.thumb.jpeg.847f2f5af35e45ac120efa3e590f82d6.jpeg

Yup..and no more bargaining crap from me either ...No meaning... and merely getting more angry, whenever I even try to tell the story...

Falling Down the Leaguehttps://screenradar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/FALLING-DOWN-.jpg

Got to say, the ‘marketing’ of the season tickets this time round really is subterranean.

Apart from advertising on the club’s website (and who’s visiting that in July), what else is there? Even social media channel promotion seems intermittent, a post every few days, perhaps. And there has certainly been no mail shots etc.

It’s merely a case of, ‘well they’re on sale, £4/500, take it or leave it’.

Unreal when you think we’ve been out of grounds for 18 months and club’s (other clubs, obviously) are doing everything possible to re-engage. And it should be especially pressing here considering ST holders make up the vast majority of our match going support.

This lot have just stopped even pretending they are arsed if folk turn up or not.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Budgets already set, wages and bills are guaranteed to be paid for next 12 months so why should those in situ give a toss.  Their excuses are ready made for this coming season.

Push STs then sell Arma and maybe a few more and the shit hits the fan. Team starts badly, fans get straight onto the managers case. Less there the better.

It would certainly help the team and the income the more in there but when have they ever bothered about that when the cheques always get signed in India.  

Easy street isn't the word.

• Like 1

The least I would expect is an envelope enclosing prices, plans, direct debit and application form and pre-paid envelope to return it in, posted out to everyone who has a history of buying tickets in the last 10 years.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The least I would expect is an envelope enclosing prices, plans, direct debit and application form and pre-paid envelope to return it in, posted out to everyone who has a history of buying tickets in the last 10 years.

To be fair, nobody sends out packs like that nowadays, but they do have campaigns urging you to get your ST through social and main stream media. Local radio, local newspapers, etc. Clitheroe's marketing campaign is better than Rovers.

Had a ST, except for the odd year (Kean) since around 1982.  Didn't get one last year, not interested in getting one this year.  Heard absoloutely nothing.  No mailshot, email, phone call, nowt. There is no club attempt at re-engagement.  Last positive efforts were probably when Alan Myers was here.

• Like 3