BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Has anyone else had any communication from the club regarding season tickets?

I was thinking letter in the post, text message, call, email?

I haven't.

All I've seen is what is on the club website and in the Telegraph.

Bad news if you don't have internet or buy the Telegraph.

Had an e-mail 18th June ".....we're excited to welcome you Back To Live football......"

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Has anyone else had any communication from the club regarding season tickets?

I was thinking letter in the post, text message, call, email?

I haven't.

All I've seen is what is on the club website and in the Telegraph.

Bad news if you don't have internet or buy the Telegraph.

Do you not received an email on the 18th June? 

Do the club need to post, text or call a letter when the club communications through its website, local paper or online and different social media platforms? 

And how many people do you know who don't Internet these days?

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why would I have ‘figures’, am I the information commissioner now?

But of course many folk in their late 70s/80s/90s don’t have internet and smartphones. That’s plainly obvious.

Its your point Matty so I aksed if you had any figures which you don't. 

I think you are paying under service to people of those ages not having internet access especially after the last 16 months where people need communication tools like Smartphone or laptop to talk to family or friends when not be allow to see each other face to face for so long

Also if they don't have internet access I am sure a family relative who does will pass on the info in most cases these days

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its your point Matty so I aksed if you had any figures which you don't. 

I think you are paying under service to people of those ages not having internet access especially after the last 16 months where people need communication tools like Smartphone or laptop to talk to family or friends when not be allow to see each other face to face for so long

Also if they don't have internet access I am sure a family relative who does will pass on the info in most cases these days

Can the club afford to risk that and just hope these people find out via friends/relatives?

Or should they be ringing these people up/posting leaflets to them begging them to renew?

A good friend of mine who goes to every game home and away has no internet or smartphone and he's 63. He doesn't buy the Telegraph (can't blame him given the quality) and he only knows about season tickets being on sale because others have told him, not the club.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Can the club afford to risk that and just hope these people find out via friends/relatives?

Or should they be ringing these people up/posting leaflets to them begging them to renew?

A good friend of mine who goes to every game home and away has no internet or smartphone and he's 63. He doesn't buy the Telegraph (can't blame him given the quality) and he only knows about season tickets being on sale because others have told him, not the club.

Like I said most people of that age will have internet or smartphone. Espically given the last 16 months and the limited we have been able to see each other. Of Course they will always be a few people who don't. 

Maybe the club are going to be sending out letters to fans over 50's about Season tickets. Maybe thats a question for the fans forum and does @only2garnersknow if the club have a plan to reach fans who don't have internet or smartphone now 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe the club are going to be sending out letters to fans over 50's about Season tickets. Maybe thats a question for the fans forum 

Any business surely must talk directly to its customers,  send a letter.just explaining everything....like the bank does if your t&Cs change, or whatever.  Customers are paying £400 per year, and you don't think they deserve a private letter or direct email?  Do you think the company you work for just leaves it to chance whether their customers come back? 🙄

Why do you just argue the toss just for the sake of it..?🤷‍♂️ you ain't got a clue about half the stuff you argue about.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

I know at least 15 people personally who do not have Internet access. I walk 5 miles every week to deliver Church notices to them. And they're the tip of the iceberg because I know that friends and relatives print copies of emailed notices to take to other church members who don't have computer access but haven't told us. If that happens in a church community of 200, how much more is it happening in a fan base of 10k?

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, gumboots said:

What hurts most is that we had it and theý threw it away. Simon Orange didn't grow up a rugby fan, but he's learnt to love the sport and understand its passions. If only our owners would.  I read an article recently where he talks about the rfu or the premiership clubs needing to produce simple explanatory videos of real matches so people can understand the basics linked with free tickets so people get the bug. He stood outside the ground a few weeks ago talking with fans, welcoming them back to live rugby. Remember the days when you'd see John Williams (not the owner I know but very much his representative) standing outside Ewood chatting to delivery men or the guy cleaning the windows, and anyone who wrote to him about Rovers issues was likely to get an invite to talk it over?

I remember going down early one freezing miserable morning to queue for tickets. Can't remember what for but maybe a Burnley away fixture or something, anyway the queue was snaking all along the back of the BB end before the windows even opened.

Just after they did John Williams turned up happily walking down the throng chatting to people. He was unimpressed at everyone lining up in the dank weather outside so ordered the doors open to the concourse. Not only that but next min he asked for them to sort someone to open a kiosk and get the brews on the go.

Can you even begin to imagine that now ?

• Like 9

Proper club back then. They did the same for Celtic away. Bacon and sausage butties in the BEnd concourse.

Never forget his face when saw the thousands turn up and he realised that he should have asked for the 7,000 allocation instead of 2,700.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

So the strategy from Waggott appears to be to put up walk on prices to ridiculous levels to ‘incentivise’ fans to buying a ST? Is that about the size of it?

We are so lucky to have someone like him doing all he can.

In reality it’s really hard to see how this all turns around without Venky’s leaving and Rovers going into administration. The off-the-field issues are a bigger part of the experience following Venkys Rovers than the on-field matters.

And yet, a change of manager to someone like Sparky would change the mood of the fanbase 180 degrees overnight. Overnight!

That’s the fickle nature of football. We can close our eyes and pretend everything behind the scenes will just get done, put it to the back of our minds and focus on the football side of things. IF the football side captures the imagination.

Instead we are expected to do all that while the football is crap, our transfer prospects are bleak, and the manager takes the piss out of fans with his comments to the press. We aren’t even in it together. How is Waggott justifying his enormous and out-of-touch wage? We lose more money and fans every season.

Meanwhile we have the longest serving manager in the Championship. That should signify and upward trajectory not a downward one!

• Like 6

It's like the owners, manager, directors etc take the easy option first time, every time and to hell with it.

Whether it comes to funding - yeah just sign off the usual budget and do what you want with it.

Signing players - just look at what our mates have for us or what's around at the last min then try and fit them in the team.

Tickets etc - well whoever wants to come will come and pay the going rate, balls to the rest.

Absolute tinpot outfit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I remember going down early one freezing miserable morning to queue for tickets. Can't remember what for but maybe a Burnley away fixture or something, anyway the queue was snaking all along the back of the BB end before the windows even opened.

Just after they did John Williams turned up happily walking down the throng chatting to people. He was unimpressed at everyone lining up in the dank weather outside so ordered the doors open to the concourse. Not only that but next min he asked for them to sort someone to open a kiosk and get the brews on the go.

Can you even begin to imagine that now ?

What more is there to say?

We lost a good man,we lost many good people when the Venkys came calling with their Wrecking Ball.

They took the advise of Spivs and Charlatans and thought feck to the fans.

• Like 2

Some will only go if the team is doing ok, always been the case. Others, like me for a few years, an ST just doesn't make sense i couldn't justify it.

So constantly going down this route is only alienating more and more people. We will now hit the period where more fans aren't going than are and that's a serious issue. Even good form won't get many back in at those walk on prices.

Such short sighted lazy thinking.

Edited by tomphil