BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Rotherham

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The rotation thing must hinder us. I find it difficult to believe we can gain much consistency if we are just changing the players every game.

It does and that along with selecting sides due to opposition, who we are already better than has hindered us his entire time imo.  It's how he's always worked though and this season certain other reasons added have took it to extremes. 

He must be the only manager this season who'll rest some of his best players, in games we need them, because he doesn't want them tired in another 2 or 3 games time.

You carry a big squad so you don't have to do that. His mind must be like the inside of a bingo machine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It does and that along with selecting sides due to opposition, who we are already better than has hindered us his entire time imo.  It's how he's always worked though and this season certain other reasons added have took it to extremes. 

He must be the only manager this season who'll rest some of his best players, in games we need them, because he doesn't want them tired in another 2 or 3 games time.

You carry a big squad so you don't have to do that. His mind must be like the inside of a bingo machine.

Exactly. You rest a player when he's tired. Not because he might get tired.

• Like 1

I have always felt that when you play with attacking full backs, your central players must over some cover. Our CBS and DCMs are all slow, do not protect the flanks and cover the full back, when they are caught up field.  Travis showed signs of doing this, prior to his injury but Evans, Johnson etc do not, they stay central, always. Ayala if ever fit wouldn't come wide, he's slower than my gran, but if he did would the DCMs drop into central defence, I know they would not. TM wants flying wingers but also wants them to fly back and defend, it's a lot to ask of one man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t see a footballer in him. He has the raw physical attributes of a 100m sprinter but I haven’t see a proper footballer. He’s both defensively and attacking inconsistent. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

I think there’s some decent coaches at Rovers. I just don’t think RN is great. Not a bad’un by any stretch. Just average.

I can't agree on the coaches. How many players have improved under Mowbray and his coaches? Dack, Armstrong? After that I'm struggling. A coaches role is to improve individuals and integrate team plans. I have been told that we do hardly any work on set pieces, offensively and defensively. This is borne out by a lack of goals at one end and a plethora of goals at the other end. My friends son manages a Championship club and he tells me there is a huge emphasis on set plays and he reckons it can be a difference between success and failure.

The evidence doesn't lie here.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I’m good with moving forward with JRC at right back. Sell Nyambe for a couple of million this summer, boy wants to go. Would rather give Pike a game in the last two.

JRC is an attacking right sided player.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can't agree on the coaches. How many players have improved under Mowbray and his coaches? Dack, Armstrong? After that I'm struggling. A coaches role is to improve individuals and integrate team plans. I have been told that we do hardly any work on set pieces, offensively and defensively. This is borne out by a lack of goals at one end and a plethora of goals at the other end. My friends son manages a Championship club and he tells me there is a huge emphasis on set plays and he reckons it can be a difference between success and failure.

Oh a guessing game, Nathan Jones 😉

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

He's a full back all day, pfft Gally is our best right winger. I also reckon Pickering will make an awesome CB.

😂😂

Playing players out of position for fun.

Tony?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Especially in the championship . Ridiculous on mowbrays part. That’s a sackable offence in my book in itself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly. You rest a player when he's tired. Not because he might get tired.

Again i just think it provided a good excuse for him to rotate more than usual. Also when you've got players supposedly injured, out for a game then back a few days later then out again then back again it's a bit beyond the norm.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rigger said:

And Brockhall needs more houses

That's a cracker of an idea mate, we should sell off Brockhall and build some nice cheap sheds, sorry houses. We could make millions, rigger you should be our CEO! 🏘️💵💵💵👍

Invest in a pitch? Perhaps if Mogga didn't train on it, it would be fine. I think whatever funds we can generate should be spent on redecorating our senior management teams flats, we could call it a charitable donation 😂😂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, arbitro said:

Nearly everyone I speak to is of the opinion Nyambe could play at a higher level due to his attributes and if his faults were ironed out. He is a player to me who just hasn't really progressed due to the poor standard of coaching in the last four years. I think a smart coach could improve him immeasurably as the raw materials are there for us all to see.

Nail head....

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

People are making excuses for Nyambe. Blaming the coaching. If he was good enough to play at a higher level, he would have shown that by now regardless of who was coaching him. A coach shouldn't have to show him how to cross or pass a ball in the final third at this stage if his career 

Trouble is quite a few of our players seem to have regressed. Travis, is another who is not what he was when he 1st came in, Brereton another (looked better at forest). I'd like to see a clean sweep of the 1st team management & coaches.

You cannot expect players to develop themselves, it's like giving a kid a pen and paper (nothing more) and saying teach yourself better English.

21 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Trouble is quite a few of our players seem to have regressed. Travis, is another who is not what he was when he 1st came in, Brereton another (looked better at forest). I'd like to see a clean sweep of the 1st team management & coaches.

You cannot expect players to develop themselves, it's like giving a kid a pen and paper (nothing more) and saying teach yourself better English.

Bit of a stretch to say Brereton regressed. Travis, well injuries haven't helped. 

They have been coached all the way up along and are playing championship football. They shouldn't be regressing. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

I think with nyambe, if he was to leave , would only be looking at clubs similar to us. I.e forest, Stoke, clubs of that ilk. He isn’t a world beater. What irks people is he more than good enough to be our main rb for many years. With the right coaching he could improve but even now he is by a mile our best rb. People are annoyed because he doesnt keep his place to far inferior players. He isn’t a premier league quality player because he lacks things that people beat him down with I.e assists, crossing etc but he wouldn’t be here if he could do that. The fact is he has flaws in his game but is more than capable of holding down that first team jersey at rb and we would have a real asset if we had proper coaches in place and a manager with some faith in him . Sadly we don’t , that doesn’t mean he has to be shot or wasted potential. He’s fine for our first 11 if only Mowbray could see it

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bit of a stretch to say Brereton regressed. Travis, well injuries haven't helped. 

They have been coached all the way up along and are playing championship football. They shouldn't be regressing. 

England u19 & u20 at forest and with us? It's only this season he has shown glimpses and he was already doing that at forest. TM basically benched him for the 1st season and now he's back where he was, not exactly progress in my eyes. Travis looked a really good prospect, busy got about the pitch, protected the flanks and now he looks less, much less. I don't perceive just playing in the championship means progress, I want to see his ability improve and neither really have in my eyes. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

People are making excuses for Nyambe. Blaming the coaching. If he was good enough to play at a higher level, he would have shown that by now regardless of who was coaching him. A coach shouldn't have to show him how to cross or pass a ball in the final third at this stage if his career 

Cross to who exactly? The towering centre forward Armstrong? The nippy winger Sam Gallagher will usually be stood 8 feet away from him on the edge of the box looking for a 1-2, or lurking on the edge of the box on the other side waiting to bend it like Chris Brown.

We barely put any crosses in, because we aren’t set up to. Ball retention seems to be our absolute priority. Nyambe isn’t the only one responsible for repeatedly working the ball back to the keeper from the byline within three touches.

We play a system that seems to encourage every single player to do less of what they are naturally good at.

Edited by Miller11
Typo
  • Like 6