BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 minute ago, Nuttall is lost said:

good results tonight.  I think the playoffs will be  Huddersfield, QPR and Forest.  I think we will struggle to make it just because of a lack of a goalscorer.

Too difficult to call. We have goalscorers and if we play like we did second half last night we will be in the mix for sure. 

Just shows how close it is. 
9 teams have a difference from 70% (4/9) chance to 20% (4/1) chance of top 6 finish (Fulham and Bournemouth excluded). 

We have the easiest run-in in the whole league. Win on Saturday and I’d be amazed if we throw it away after that. 

A618EBDD-0D67-41F1-8AFF-42EA7CA06A6E.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

good results tonight.  I think the playoffs will be  Huddersfield, QPR and Forest.  I think we will struggle to make it just because of a lack of a goalscorer.

we lack intensity as well imo,there have been numerous games against moderate opposition were we have failed to impose ourselves,we need to pick up the tempo from the start

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we lack intensity as well imo,there have been numerous games against moderate opposition were we have failed to impose ourselves,we need to pick up the tempo from the start

Agree but I think by and large performances have been decent in this awful run.  Only Swansea away and Forest home sticks out as absolute rubbish performances. Fulham wasn;t great either but to be expected there.  Just terrible up front imo and that will cost us.

We'd be 9th this morning having also played a game more if we hadn't managed to turn the game round on Tuesday, that would have been such a hammer blow. As it stands there's still virtually no margin for error now and literally every game is gonna be a nail biter, sure as hell beats the season already being over at this stage though like in previous years.

I've seen a few people mentioning our easy run in, wtf? It doesn't look at all easy to me. Whilst I think on paper we have a better squad than most the opponents, it's not as simple as that as we well know.

• Like 2

Spoke with a Bournemouth fan yesterday and he thought Parker was a good manager! Mind you given he compared Parker to Tindall and Woodgate I can see.wherre the favourable comparison comes from. That said I was still a tad surprised he thought so highly of Parker, who despite a big budget and a good squad in a poor league seems to be making it as hard as possible to get promoted. 

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Whoever stuck that dynamite up Gallagher’s rear end at half time needs to do it again before kick off on Saturday.

I know he can’t be blamed for the first half omnishambles, but he doesn’t usually play with that level of intensity.

44 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

A good thread to read

Good read. If we can’t get 12 points from our 8 matches (especially given our fixtures) then we’ll fully deserve not to make the play-offs. Huge opportunity to get the first 3 this coming weekend.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Whoever stuck that dynamite up Gallagher’s rear end at half time needs to do it again before kick off on Saturday.

I know he can’t be blamed for the first half omnishambles, but he doesn’t usually play with that level of intensity.

I think he was a bit wound up with some handbags in the box when we had a corner. Wharton seemed to get a bit of it too and great that they both retaliated with a goal.

• Like 1

All the probabilities and x% chance of making the top six if we get 12 points etc. is all well and good, but in the last relegation season after TM took over we reached all the points targets that would have seen us safe any other year and it wasn't enough. We don't have the best luck when it comes to stuff like this.

Keep winning and pray we haven't blown it already.

14 hours ago, superniko said:

Just shows how close it is. 
9 teams have a difference from 70% (4/9) chance to 20% (4/1) chance of top 6 finish (Fulham and Bournemouth excluded). 

We have the easiest run-in in the whole league. Win on Saturday and I’d be amazed if we throw it away after that. 

A618EBDD-0D67-41F1-8AFF-42EA7CA06A6E.jpeg

Sheff United, Boro, Huddersfield and Forest sounds like a pretty likely playoff 4 to me, unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sounds like they got knocked about a bit like we did. Speaking of Luton what’s the latest on Edun ? There hasn’t been much about him since he got kicked out of the game down there.

Back in training apparently, could mean anything in terms of being available for selection though. 

No easy games. Assuming Fulham & Bournemouth are up, it could be 4 from following 6 but more twists & turns expected. Think Luton are strong but you've got to doubt QPR on a strong finish now due keeper issues and Forest have more games with still being in the FA cup. As we get closer to May history show that once teams have booked playoff positions or even promotion, they will rest key players.

10 games  Nottingham Forest 9 games Sheffield United
2nd APRIL Blackpool v Nottingham Forest  19TH MARCH Sheffield United v Barnsley
6TH APRIL Nottingham Forest v Coventry City 1ST APRIL Stoke City v Sheffield United
9TH APRIL Nottingham Forest v Birmingham City 5TH APRIL Sheffield United v Queens Park Rangers
 15TH APRIL Luton Town v Nottingham Forest 9TH APRIL Sheffield United v AFC Bournemouth
 18TH APRIL Nottingham Forest v West Bromwich Albion  15TH APRIL Sheffield United v Reading
 23rd APRIL Peterborough United v Nottingham Forest  18TH APRIL Bristol City v Sheffield United
 26TH APRIL Fulham v Nottingham Forest 23rd APRIL Sheffield United v Cardiff City
 30TH APRIL Nottingham Forest v Swansea City  26TH APRIL Queens Park Rangers v Sheffield United
3RD MAY AFC Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest 7TH MAY Sheffield United v Fulham
7TH MAY Hull City v Nottingham Forest    
    8 games ROVERS
8 games Huddersfield  19TH MARCH Reading v Blackburn Rovers
 19TH MARCH Huddersfield Town v AFC Bournemouth 1ST APRIL Coventry City v Blackburn Rovers
1ST APRIL Hull City v Huddersfield Town 9TH APRIL Blackburn Rovers v Blackpool
 11TH APRIL Huddersfield Town v Luton Town  15TH APRIL Peterborough United v Blackburn Rovers
 15TH APRIL Huddersfield Town v Queens Park Rangers  18TH APRIL Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City
 18TH APRIL Middlesbrough v Huddersfield Town 23rd APRIL Preston North End v Blackburn Rovers
23rd APRIL Huddersfield Town v Barnsley  26TH APRIL Blackburn Rovers v AFC Bournemouth
 26TH APRIL Coventry City v Huddersfield Town 7TH MAY Birmingham City v Blackburn Rovers
7TH MAY Huddersfield Town v Bristol City    
    9 games LUTON
9 games QPR  19TH MARCH Hull City v Luton Town
 20TH MARCH Queens Park Rangers v Peterborough United 1ST APRIL Luton Town v Millwall
1ST APRIL Queens Park Rangers v Fulham 5TH APRIL Peterborough United v Luton Town
9TH APRIL Preston North End v Queens Park Rangers  11TH APRIL Huddersfield Town v Luton Town
5TH APRIL Sheffield United v Queens Park Rangers  15TH APRIL Luton Town v Nottingham Forest
 15TH APRIL Huddersfield Town v Queens Park Rangers  18TH APRIL Cardiff City v Luton Town
 18TH APRIL Queens Park Rangers v Derby County 23rd APRIL Luton Town v Blackpool
23rd APRIL Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers  26TH APRIL Fulham v Luton Town
 26TH APRIL Queens Park Rangers v Sheffield United 7TH MAY Luton Town v Reading
7TH MAY Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers    

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

No easy games. Assuming Fulham & Bournemouth are up, it could be 4 from following 6 but more twists & turns expected.

Bournemouth have arguably the toughest games.

Huddersfield

Bristol City

WBA

Sheffield Utd

Middlesbrough

Coventry City

Fulham

Swansea City

Rovers

Forest

Millwall

15 hours ago, booth said:

Bournemouth have arguably the toughest games.

Huddersfield

Bristol City

WBA

Sheffield Utd

Middlesbrough

Coventry City

Fulham

Swansea City

Rovers

Forest

Millwall

It'll be interesting to see how many points end up being enough to get second this season. Usually you're talking low 80s as a minimum, but I honestly can't see Bournemouth getting the 2 points a game or so they need from those games. 

Someone can still catch them. Very likely not Rovers, but a team from the pack putting a run together could. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

It'll be interesting to see how many points end up being enough to get second this season. Usually you're talking low 80s as a minimum, but I honestly can't see Bournemouth getting the 2 points a game or so they need from those games. 

Someone can still catch them. Very likely not Rovers, but a team from the pack putting a run together could. 

Up until this week, I thought Sheff United would. But there last couple of results have put them out of reach of us with their game in hand never mind Bournemouth!

I don't see anyone catching them now myself. Think if we or anyone around us were to catch them, they'd need to win 7 of the next 8 which isn't happening.