BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Letter from owners

I’m not going to lie, as disruptive as venkys have been for the club, this message was particularly important and warming to hear. I think throughout the last couple of years venkys have shown tremendous backing towards the club, with big signings and particularly a very competitive budget last season during the pandemic showing their commitment to Rovers. As much as fans won’t want to hear this, we need them,  their support and their willingness to fund the club.  

I have been extremely worried recently, with the back room staff exodus, lack of signings and lack of word from Venkys that we may of got to a point where they have given up. And that could of meant real trouble for us. However from this letter it is evident their engagement is still their, along with a surprising desire to attend a game this season. That would be a big step in mending the owner-fan base relationship. 

Let me be clear, I’am no fan of venkys. Nor are they free of blame for the state of the club right now (even though I think clesrly Waggot and TM derserve a lot of attention for where we are currently at). But this message, with the current context of the club, is relieving to hear.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That coat of arms! 🤦‍♂️

Anybody else think we’ve part of some elaborate decade long practical joke?

The coat of arms is hilarious, delusions of grandeur doesn’t cover it. Regarding the message - it’s plain that no money is being spent and they expect us to do our best with the youth team.

On first read, I feel it’s just classic owner spiel, it’s that time of the year - see our next opponents Chief execs Q&A for an example of another clubs issues during this period- compounded with manager issues; https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/julian-winter-qa-swansea-city-21237989

Second delve - concerned that our owners seemingly haven’t been “advised” to understand that an academy isn’t enough to sustain a decent championship team.

That said, they’re hardly going to be “negative” or critical in an address to the fans, and I also don’t really care if they come to watch the team or meet the staff - I just want them to ensure 100% is being done to move forward.

Not convinced. Probably never will be. All cheques, no craft.

• Like 4

I think this is the last desperate attempt by Waggott and Pasha to drum up some interest and entice some fans back before the season starts.

The damage their regime has caused will be coming clear now with awful season ticket sales and the last trick up the sleeve is to try and win people over with something 'direct' from the owners reaffirming their commitment at a time when there are rightly serious questions being asked again about their running of the club.

I very much doubt Balaji has written this. Probably dictated or prepared by Waggott and then emailed over for his staff to transpose onto his letterhead and for his signature. Appears therefore more authentic than merely a typed article on the website as in previous years.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 7

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Will be interesting to see the reception they get if they do actually attend a game next season.

Huge round of applause and a chant of "thank you Venky's", probably. 

2 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Will be interesting to see the reception they get if they do actually attend a game next season.

I very much doubt they will, especially if we are stuck near the bottom and the locals are angry.