BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Letter from owners

33 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Fans already lapping it up on social. "Thanks for your continued support."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, many of our 'fans' deserve them.

I think i'll go and insert cocktail sticks dipped in vinegar into my eyeballs rather than read the LT comments.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, alex l said:

This just shows how you can't please everyone. 

Some fans weren't happy they don't communicate enough. When they do, they get savaged. 

Some want them to attend games. Others, aggressively, state they're not welcome at Ewood. 

It’s not engagement though, it’s more empty words. Engagement would be responding to correspondence put to them.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting that the letter is from Balaji himself and not Venkys. Guess he running the club and the main owner now with the other  3 family as owners but In the background. 

Pleased he committed to keeping and maintaining Academy category 1 status 

I wouldn’t read too much into who it is signed by. It’s clearly written by Waggott and hits all the key points he’s been spouting for the last couple of years.

They committed to respecting the legacy of Jack Walker… look how that turned out.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think this is the last desperate attempt by Waggott and Pasha to drum up some interest and entice some fans back before the season starts.

The damage their regime has caused will be coming clear now with awful season ticket sales and the last trick up the sleeve is to try and win people over with something 'direct' from the owners reaffirming their commitment at a time when there are rightly serious questions being asked again about their running of the club.

I very much doubt Balaji has written this. Probably dictated or prepared by Waggott and then emailed over for his staff to transpose onto his letterhead and for his signature. Appears therefore more authentic than merely a typed article on the website as in previous years.

I thought exactly the same. He's put his name to somebody else's letter. TBF he may not even be aware of it. I mean has anyone seen Balajis signature. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Fans already lapping it up on social. "Thanks for your continued support."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, many of our 'fans' deserve them.

Twitter is full of "we should be welcoming them back with open arms"

"They've learnt from from their mistakes"

"They are funding us, what more do you want?"

I can't believe so many people think they are good owners, or should be welcomed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Stay clear of the let comments page.  I needed a sick bucket.  Definition of deluded 

I was daft enough to go on there and it’s wound me right up.  Anyone criticises Mowbray or Venky’s, they get called dingles or anti-Rovers.

Wanting what’s best for the Coventrio rather than BRFC puts you at an elevated fan status nowadays.

Deluded weirdos. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I’m not going to lie, as disruptive as venkys have been for the club, this message was particularly important and warming to hear. I think throughout the last couple of years venkys have shown tremendous backing towards the club, with big signings and particularly a very competitive budget last season during the pandemic showing their commitment to Rovers. As much as fans won’t want to hear this, we need them,  their support and their willingness to fund the club.  

I have been extremely worried recently, with the back room staff exodus, lack of signings and lack of word from Venkys that we may of got to a point where they have given up. And that could of meant real trouble for us. However from this letter it is evident their engagement is still their, along with a surprising desire to attend a game this season. That would be a big step in mending the owner-fan base relationship. 

Let me be clear, I’am no fan of venkys. Nor are they free of blame for the state of the club right now (even though I think clesrly Waggot and TM derserve a lot of attention for where we are currently at). But this message, with the current context of the club, is relieving to hear.

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I’m not going to lie, as disruptive as venkys have been for the club, this message was particularly important and warming to hear. I think throughout the last couple of years venkys have shown tremendous backing towards the club, with big signings and particularly a very competitive budget last season during the pandemic showing their commitment to Rovers. As much as fans won’t want to hear this, we need them,  their support and their willingness to fund the club.  

I have been extremely worried recently, with the back room staff exodus, lack of signings and lack of word from Venkys that we may of got to a point where they have given up. And that could of meant real trouble for us. However from this letter it is evident their engagement is still their, along with a surprising desire to attend a game this season. That would be a big step in mending the owner-fan base relationship. 

Let me be clear, I’am no fan of venkys. Nor are they free of blame for the state of the club right now (even though I think clesrly Waggot and TM derserve a lot of attention for where we are currently at). But this message, with the current context of the club, is relieving to hear.

Yep agree there, sensible post, we are where we are, and would be in big trouble without their money. Majority on here obviously won’t agree, but it looks like we are going have to use the academy to bring through players, with Venkys throwing in the odd 5/6 million  twice a year for day to day running costs.

And for those fans saying they would rather go out the league and start again as Blackburn AFC if it meant Venkys going is in my view pathetic.

Lets hope we get 4/5 decent loans/frees and see what happens this season.

9 minutes ago, mustard said:

I was daft enough to go on there and it’s wound me right up.  Anyone criticises Mowbray or Venky’s, they get called dingles or anti-Rovers.

Wanting what’s best for the Coventrio rather than BRFC puts you at an elevated fan status nowadays.

Deluded weirdos. 

One person has even had a pop at this site....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yep agree there, sensible post, we are where we are, and would be in big trouble without their money. Majority on here obviously won’t agree, but it looks like we are going have to use the academy to bring through players, with Venkys throwing in the odd 5/6 million  twice a year for day to day running costs.

And for those fans saying they would rather go out the league and start again as Blackburn AFC if it meant Venkys going is in my view pathetic.

Lets hope we get 4/5 decent loans/frees and see what happens this season.

Dear oh dear