BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Letter from owners

48 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ideally it would come from the Rovers Trust. The last letter they wrote was pretty good. This time around it would need a bit more probing and spelling out of concerns imo. Sharpe published the Venkys letter so should publish the Trusts. 

It should start with the training ground fiasco. The concerns about Waggots past. The ongoing senior management concerns. And it should end with an offer of reconciliation providing certain objectives are made and met. All my opinion of course. 

The Rovers Trust sent a letter along these lines to ‘Venkys’ not too long ago. I am assuming that Balaji’s letter is a response (of sorts) to that. But yes, we could address these concerns directly to him as a riposte to his letter.

By the way Dreams your previous post to this one was absolutely bang on the money in respect of appointing a properly functioning board of directors and senior management team at Ewood. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It's strange. I've read this twice and nowhere did I see the word SORRY. The arrogance of the man to try and erase the last decade with no mention of it is staggering. Whoever is advising him should have told him the first step to redemption is to admit there is a problem. To mention Covid is an insult to our intelligence and dilute their mismanagement. Keen to know when they will return to Ewood? Never will be too soon.

The patronising oaf can shove his coat of arms up his ample backside.

Brilliant drop the mic ending there Tony, almost spilt my brew 😂😂😂

• Like 2

Does one make amends for destroying our club (and this is what they have done) by writing a letter?  Does that help return us to where we were, where Jack took us and the position and league that enticed them in, in the first place?  No it doesn't.  Does servicing the debt that their leadership has created make amends?  No it doesn't, it's just doing the absolute minimum to keep us afloat or treading water in the position that their ownership has taken us.  From day dot we have heard nothing but words, not one mega signing promised ever happened, every saleable asset has been sold as soon as possible and now even the infrastructure that Jack built is being flogged, and all we get are words, and words not even written by them, or that matter, such as sorry. 

You make amends by doing what is needed to put matters right, by doing what is asked of you, no matter what, no matter how hard.  And even if not possible you try to do it, at the very least.  If they truly wanted to make amends, then do a Jack, a Mansor, think big, bring in proven quality staff at all levels, spend money, ask your mates to sponsor us, hell give them the money and do it that way.  Try and take us back where they found us, attempt to rectify their mistakes, right their wrongs, but all we get are words.  Actions speak louder than any words and until we get actions that reflect their apologetic words and demonstrate they are actually trying to make amends, then they are nothing but hollow, empty words, and no-one every achieved in anything in sport with just words.   Show us you actually mean what you say Venky's and until that day, until the day you do what we all ask, take your words and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Edited by Ulrich
  • Like 7

It's not exactly relevant for the football but I think the casual equating of the UK and India's coronavirus experience, in the letter, is extremely ignorant. India's current death toll of over 400,000 suggests a relatively low per capita death rate. However, studies of excess deaths in India over the pandemic period suggest that the true number could be closer to 3-4 million. After a devastating second wave this year, with oxygen, medicine and beds in short supply, there is the possibility of a severe third wave, as around 12% of the population have been double vaccinated.

As for the football, it's true we have some promising players coming through the academy but if they're not given chances and the right environment to perform, they won't develop. A case in point is John Buckley, who has a lot to prove, but he won't have a fair chance if not given a regular position and kept in the team when performing.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The Rovers Trust sent a letter along these lines to ‘Venkys’ not too long ago. I am assuming that Balaji’s letter is a response (of sorts) to that. But yes, we could address these concerns directly to him as a riposte to his letter.

By the way Dreams your previous post to this one was absolutely bang on the money in respect of appointing a properly functioning board of directors and senior management team at Ewood. 

I think it would be a good idea ojf. If Balaji is serious about attending and meeting the fans (his words) then the first port of call must be the Trust.

It is a rare piece of personal communication, regardless of the doubt who wrote it. Most forms of communication in the past have been signed “The Owners” (or similar) whereas this one is direct from Balaji himself. 

The offer of a face to face meeting is a no brainier to me. And if, within the letter, there is the opportunity to present concerns about Waggots involvement / lack of senior oversight / still no professional structure it would set the tone for what the face to face meeting is about

But don’t take this as me dictating what should be done - the Trusts previous open letter was good so I suspect you and co have it all in hand anyway 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

After years complaining at lack of communication - anything is an improvement. 

Wish I felt that way. 

Yesterday, I was living life believing they'd written us off, forgotten about us, and we would forever be a loss making tax write off they hid in their vast accounts somewhere. It was a reality I had come to terms with. 

Today, I'm confronted with the narrative that the current setup is actually them remaining "fully supportive and totally committed to the club at all levels". Not only that, but they believe "The future looks bright......".

This new reality will probably take me the full weekend and copious amounts of alcohol to even start getting my head round. 

I'm going to spend that rest of this afternoon contemplating what brand and strength of alcohol might help me start feeling Balaji's "...renewed sense of hope and optimism."

I've a funny feeling whatever potion I need doesn't get sold over the counter.....

• Like 7

If this was his own work and idea then surely it would have been far better to do it in a video and play it just before kick off tomorrow to ensure more people are aware of it and then a general press release. As it is lots of Rovers fan's won't even be aware of it. They take us for fools and look down on us with some kind of subservience.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Personal thoughts, maybe I'll put my tin hat on.

I think its a worthy effort at a reconnection.

Some fans will never want to see them walk through the door ever again, whilst some fans will want to see the owners back at matches, showing passion and engaging once more with Blackburn Rovers. 

If a letter like this offends or strikes a level of hatred/vitriol/anger then the club and thus the owners are probably beyond redemption for you, under any circumstances, and that is absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Personally I think it is another small step in the right direction. The Rao family at Ewood would be another and that at some point between 2011 and now I've made a conscious (or subconscious) decision that they are here to stay, we need their investment on a year by year basis and that maybe, just maybe, there is a happy ending to this story.

Of course I and us will never forget the circus around their early involvement in the club, the nefarious characters that were involved at all levels of the club, from the boardroom to the pitch.

But it is history, we can't change that, they can't change that. We can change what happens today and what happens tomorrow.

What they can do, is commit to the club financially, upkeep the academy and provide the best tools they can (FFP allowing) for the manager of that time to flourish. Which is what they seem to be doing.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think the club can come back together, a period of healing needs to be done on all sides and bridges rebuilt (or at least attempts to rebuild) from the owners and the fans. I do think that then and only then, can the club look upwards and back towards the Premier League. We need the fans back in numbers, we need the owners engaged, we need that optimism and spirit back in the town, the community, the fanbase.

Its a long road back, but maybe their return could be the first step?

Good post.

For me, words mean nothing and actions mean everything.

Consistently throughout their tenure they, or one of their charges, have said one thing and done something even worse. Waggott is just about the worst so far.

What matters now isn’t a letter (whether or not he wrote it, he has put his name to it) it’s what happens to the club next.

They have not been decisive over the Summer, and will not sack Mowbray. Instead he has now been given the job of keeping this club in the division with a bunch of kids and our goal hope being a newly crowned half-Chilean (we absolutely need to get behind this lad this season by the way).

If we start badly then they MUST replace Mowbray and quickly. If they don’t then this letter counts for nothing and once more they prove they are full of shit.

As you say, a very small step in the right direction.

And as for that cost of arms… cluck me! 🐣

• Like 4

I welcome the open letter from the owners. It doesn't say anything significant but at least they are communicating, that's a start. They need to listen to the fans more but have closed themselves off from us for many years and therefore rely on their 'advisors' to relay fan sentiment.

If the owners can develop a better relationship with the fans, that can only be a good thing. Do they even know, for example, that the majority of fans here don't want TM as manager anymore? TM himself, Waggot et al are not going to relay that kind of information. 

• Like 2

What a kind and thoughtful letter.

How nice of Balaji to spare some of his precious time to comfort his loyal subjects and reassure us all that the club really is in safe hands and the future is bright. 

Honestly, what have we all been worrying about!

We can now sit back, relax and enjoy the football. Happy days, Life is simply peachy.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have good young players , the difference is they had Fergie 

Indeed, and I totally agree.

But even so, we don’t have ‘class of 92’ good young players.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Indeed, and I totally agree.

But even so, we don’t have ‘class of 92’ good young players.

Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Butt, the Neville brothers at least three of those became world class - possibly 4 at a push. The other two were a bracket or two below (Butt and Phil).

No chance our youngsters are at that level - otherwise we wouldn't have them. 

(Tin hat on)

As an opening attempt at establishing some form of communication between the owners and the fans I don't think it's a bad effort at all. People complain when we hear nothing from them then they complain when we do hear from them so they're in a bit of a no win situation in that respect.

However, as others have said, actions speak louder than words so it's what happens next that counts. Can they combine their financial support with taking matters by the scruff of the neck and sorting out the situation on the ground at Ewood by firing Waggott and Mowbray and team and replacing them with a competent and unconflicted CEO and a progressive forward thinking manager?

• Like 7