BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Letter from owners

41 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

One good thing about the letter its a decent resolution on the Rovers site, I'm sure there will be plenty more letters from "Balaji" during the season

There should be a letter for Mowbray , Waggot and Venus .

YOU ARE FIRED !!!!

• Like 4

It's strange. I've read this twice and nowhere did I see the word SORRY. The arrogance of the man to try and erase the last decade with no mention of it is staggering. Whoever is advising him should have told him the first step to redemption is to admit there is a problem. To mention Covid is an insult to our intelligence and dilute their mismanagement. Keen to know when they will return to Ewood? Never will be too soon.

The patronising oaf can shove his coat of arms up his ample backside.

Edited by arbitro
  • Like 9

51 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Twitter is full of "we should be welcoming them back with open arms"

"They've learnt from from their mistakes"

"They are funding us, what more do you want?"

I can't believe so many people think they are good owners, or should be welcomed.

It's been a fantastic blocking exercise though; I'll happily not read their drivel again, particularly when we're staring further down the barrel in several months time.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Twitter is full of "we should be welcoming them back with open arms"

"They've learnt from from their mistakes"

"They are funding us, what more do you want?"

I can't believe so many people think they are good owners, or should be welcomed.

Lol. You put me in mind of a world weary crown court judge on reading the court report for a serial sex offender, written by Mary Poppins..

Sigh.."Send him down.." 

• Like 1

At some point in time the Club has to turn a corner. I have been and will continue to be very critical of the Owners. This letter doesn’t even begin to touch the sides of what they need to do to redeem the last decade of mismanagement. But small steps like returning to the ground can only be a step in the right direction. We need Venkys to be local. It is the only way we can stop the constant stream of people like Waggott and Senior. If they are happy to be around the place then there can be no excuse for not noticing the state of the Club.

Ultimately though, it is under their stewardship which has seen Rovers fall so low. Not just in league position but in business sense. The only way Balaji will ever reconnect with the fans is by employing an experienced board of directors who will advise him properly on how to manage and better a football club. All the financial support aside this crucial part of football club ownership is missing. It is skeleton staff operating a club on life support. We have open letters every now and again, none have committed to attending iirc, but all of that is a sideshow in comparison to making sure the club is functional and not in the hands of conmen like Waggott. 

If he gets rid of him and brings in people of the ilk of Williams or Finn he will earn my respect. Until then, coat of arms and attendance or not, this club will not move forward and they will not be forgiven for their role in it. 

• Like 4

Maybe the fans should type an open letter back. Explaining the state we are in. The reservations about Waggott and the training ground. And most importantly how we are desperate to have our club running as it was before. He could even meet with fan representatives when he comes to the ground. 

No effing and jeffing, no anger, just civil and cordial communication 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Maybe the fans should type an open letter back. Explaining the state we are in. The reservations about Waggott and the training ground. And most importantly how we are desperate to have our club running as it was before. He could even meet with fan representatives when he comes to the ground. 

No effing and jeffing, no anger, just civil and cordial communication 

Very good Idea.. Someone here who can be a representative? Wasn't Glenn and Kamy that? 

Much better than any letter, how about donating season tickets to the unemployed and many low income families across the region?

Start to build up some community confidence and spirit that you've destroyed over the past 10yrs.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Very good Idea.. Someone here who can be a representative? Wasn't Glenn and Kamy that? 

Ideally it would come from the Rovers Trust. The last letter they wrote was pretty good. This time around it would need a bit more probing and spelling out of concerns imo. Sharpe published the Venkys letter so should publish the Trusts. 

It should start with the training ground fiasco. The concerns about Waggots past. The ongoing senior management concerns. And it should end with an offer of reconciliation providing certain objectives are made and met. All my opinion of course. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think this is the last desperate attempt by Waggott and Pasha to drum up some interest and entice some fans back before the season starts.

The damage their regime has caused will be coming clear now with awful season ticket sales and the last trick up the sleeve is to try and win people over with something 'direct' from the owners reaffirming their commitment at a time when there are rightly serious questions being asked again about their running of the club.

I very much doubt Balaji has written this. Probably dictated or prepared by Waggott and then emailed over for his staff to transpose onto his letterhead and for his signature. Appears therefore more authentic than merely a typed article on the website as in previous years.

Agreed. Surely no-one is naive enough to believe that Balaji Rao wrote that? Obviously Waggott's words, endorsed by Venkys.

After years complaining at lack of communication - anything is an improvement. Reading many responses - can't help but feel they are damned either way in some peoples eyes.

Personally, as some have stated, lets use this as an opportunity to create a dialogue with the owners and fans representatives, I will admit is has been tried before - but surely better than the constant going back 10 years to ask for an apology (that will never come). Like them or not - we have to somehow move forward.

• Like 4

Couldn’t care if he comes over to watch a game or not, however this needs to be the start of regular communication from the owners. Anyone see the Villa announcement after Grealish left, that’s how to keep fans on board when your star player leaves, let’s see what we get when Armstrong leaves

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It is in his name 

Whether Waggot wrote it or not he signed it and all the words therein are his 

They really are not, and that is obvious. It's about as genuine as "Dacky's personal message" to non renewing season ticket holders.

A bit off toffee thrown for the benefit of the gullible.

In this modern age, how about a video message? Now that would at least be genuine, if not necessarily sincere.

• Like 2

Not worth the time it took to read it and almost certainly not written by that cretin.

Actions speak louder than words, if you really cared, youd have changed manager, youd have changed the CEO, you would have a strategy and not just suddenly turn the taps off regarding funding, I could go on.

I would like to think that if they sadly decide to turn up, they would receive a hostile reception, they dont deserve anything other than our hostility. Venkys out. Stay away.

• Like 6