BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Letter from owners

7 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Personal thoughts, maybe I'll put my tin hat on.

I think its a worthy effort at a reconnection.

Some fans will never want to see them walk through the door ever again, whilst some fans will want to see the owners back at matches, showing passion and engaging once more with Blackburn Rovers. 

If a letter like this offends or strikes a level of hatred/vitriol/anger then the club and thus the owners are probably beyond redemption for you, under any circumstances, and that is absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Personally I think it is another small step in the right direction. The Rao family at Ewood would be another and that at some point between 2011 and now I've made a conscious (or subconscious) decision that they are here to stay, we need their investment on a year by year basis and that maybe, just maybe, there is a happy ending to this story.

Of course I and us will never forget the circus around their early involvement in the club, the nefarious characters that were involved at all levels of the club, from the boardroom to the pitch.

But it is history, we can't change that, they can't change that. We can change what happens today and what happens tomorrow.

What they can do, is commit to the club financially, upkeep the academy and provide the best tools they can (FFP allowing) for the manager of that time to flourish. Which is what they seem to be doing.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think the club can come back together, a period of healing needs to be done on all sides and bridges rebuilt (or at least attempts to rebuild) from the owners and the fans. I do think that then and only then, can the club look upwards and back towards the Premier League. We need the fans back in numbers, we need the owners engaged, we need that optimism and spirit back in the town, the community, the fanbase.

Its a long road back, but maybe their return could be the first step?

Best Post on this thread imo.

• Like 2

First i thought it was a piss take - then i found it is on Rovers website.

The only thing i took from it was that Mowbray is not going anywhere regardless of results. If that was even an option then the letter would have used the nomenclature "the manager" and not his name.

SW/TM/MV/?? using Balajis vanity (that letter head) to strengthen their position by putting Balaji out front in a way that would antagonise many and redirect the narrative from trying to flog the Academy and wasting tens of millions...

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But it isn’t an ‘opening attempt’, as my links above show, ‘they’ do the same routine every couple of years. Though I suppose we don’t normally get the honour of the golden egg coat of arms.

Nothing ever changes, and the inaction is now sending us backwards at a rate of knots.

I took it that way in the light of recent attempts to open up lines of communication with the owners.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

(Tin hat on)

As an opening attempt at establishing some form of communication between the owners and the fans I don't think it's a bad effort at all. People complain when we hear nothing from them then they complain when we do hear from them so they're in a bit of a no win situation in that respect.

However, as others have said, actions speak louder than words so it's what happens next that counts. Can they combine their financial support with taking matters by the scruff of the neck and sorting out the situation on the ground at Ewood by firing Waggott and Mowbray and team and replacing them with a competent and unconflicted CEO and a progressive forward thinking manager?

I have seen this line a few times today but lets be honest, a lack of communication is hardly the principle criticism that Venkys get.

When people do mention the lack of communication, 9 times out of 10 it relates to a lack of apology which still wasn't forthcoming today.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I honestly couldn’t give a toss either way if they had a weekly Q&A at the Blues Bar or we didn’t hear from them, AT ALL.

We didn’t hear a peep out of the Walker Trust for years and that was fine by me, as they appointed top executives to manage the club on their behalf. That’s all I want, a professionally run football club, absolute basic stuff that they inexplicably can’t, or won’t put in place after 10 fecking years!

100% agree.

You would feel it would benefit them as well in the long run, as if we were run well and had a decent handle on player trading they wouldn't need to keep propping us up with cash injections (or whatever it is they do)

The current model makes no sense.

11 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Some fans will never want to see them walk through the door ever again, whilst some fans will want to see the owners back at matches, showing passion and engaging once more with Blackburn Rovers. 

If a letter like this offends or strikes a level of hatred/vitriol/anger then the club and thus the owners are probably beyond redemption for you, under any circumstances, and that is absolutely fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Personally I think it is another small step in the right direction. The Rao family at Ewood would be another and that at some point between 2011 and now I've made a conscious (or subconscious) decision that they are here to stay, we need their investment on a year by year basis and that maybe, just maybe, there is a happy ending to this story.

Of course I and us will never forget the circus around their early involvement in the club, the nefarious characters that were involved at all levels of the club, from the boardroom to the pitch.

But it is history, we can't change that, they can't change that. We can change what happens today and what happens tomorrow.

What they can do, is commit to the club financially, upkeep the academy and provide the best tools they can (FFP allowing) for the manager of that time to flourish. Which is what they seem to be doing.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think the club can come back together, a period of healing needs to be done on all sides and bridges rebuilt (or at least attempts to rebuild) from the owners and the fans. I do think that then and only then, can the club look upwards and back towards the Premier League. We need the fans back in numbers, we need the owners engaged, we need that optimism and spirit back in the town, the community, the fanbase.

They continue to stick their heads in the sand. The small step forwards we need to see are experienced directors with the power to make local decisions at Rovers. Their is zero future until this point. And I genuinely believe there is zero future under Venkys because they've not done it in a decade so I can't see them doing it now. 

Your post was a good one. But without that step there is nothing. 

Anyone thinking we should forgive and forget, I challenge you to listen to Ryan Nelsons interview posted in the concourse of the forum.

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34979-ryan-nelsen/

Ryan explains how his exit came about, no thanks, no goodbye, basically just f*** off Ryan after 7yrs service and club captain. 

Its a great listen by the way.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Gav said:

Anyone thinking we should forgive and forget, I challenge you to listen to Ryan Nelsons interview posted in the concourse of the forum.

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34979-ryan-nelsen/

Ryan explains how his exit came about, no thanks, no goodbye, basically just f*** off Ryan after 7yrs service and club captain. 

Its a great listen by the way.

The sad thing is that the two messages from the Shebster back up the theory that our owners really are that clueless and put their trust in shysters, idiots, charlatans and Machiavellian figures.

19 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

First i thought it was a piss take - then i found it is on Rovers website.

The only thing i took from it was that Mowbray is not going anywhere regardless of results. If that was even an option then the letter would have used the nomenclature "the manager" and not his name.

SW/TM/MV/?? using Balajis vanity (that letter head) to strengthen their position by putting Balaji out front in a way that would antagonise many and redirect the narrative from trying to flog the Academy and wasting tens of millions...

Personally I think this season will be a disaster and Mowbray will be off within it. He’s clearly telling them all is fine, and when it isn’t they’ll be “confused” and bring in the next “yes boss” chancer. And the next one probably won’t even be capable of promotion from league 1.

Maybe I’m naive but I think they will put transfer  money into the club again, I just don’t think they’ll give Mowbray any after his string of big money flops.

I’m still baffled why Venkys want a football club.

The only thing I know for a fact is they’ve stolen that coat of arms from Gonzo.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned the daft coat of arms on twitter and it got me thinking that it probably kind of points towards BBlings childlike state of mind.

I know its been said in jest before but it could be quite close to the truth he's a bit of a spoiled manchild character.

Those types are very easy to take advantage of especially if they are good natured.

Might explain a few things.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

The sad thing is that the two messages from the Shebster back up the theory that our owners really are that clueless and put their trust in shysters, idiots, charlatans and Machiavellian figures.

Shelby was as clueless as the owners, he didn't half talk some drivel.  It's all about the big man little man up top, you have a big man little man and you score goals. That's a quote by the way...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Shelby was as clueless as the owners, he didn't half talk some drivel.  It's all about the big man little man up top, you have a big man little man and you score goals. That's a quote by the way...

Will Never forget the King Georges Hall meeting 🤣🙈🤡

51 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Will Never forget the King Georges Hall meeting 🤣🙈🤡

I knew someone who met him at Ewood, he could not believe shebby worked in football, let alone was leading the rovers, he's a moron.

• Like 3

On 06/08/2021 at 10:10, rog of the rovers said:

👏 Well said and totally echos my thoughts and opinion.

• Like 3

‘Opening’, ‘first steps’

It isn’t as we’ve heard it all before on numerous occasions, but this time with added poultry infused heraldry. But ok, taking it at face value, what are those that are optimistic expecting will be different from the 4/5 ‘Statement from the Owners’ we’ve seen previously?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2