BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

6 hours ago, matt83 said:

It’s the best form of protest to vote with your feet. I imagine they’ll make a solid managerial appointment or replace their president (seems to be a thing to placate people over there) and they’ll be back.

It would be interesting to see what the attendances of the international Goliath’s of Barcelona would be if the owners/management team took the piss out of them for 10 years. 

apparently Xavi is next in line for the hot seat

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

It was great until Mowbray showed his face.

You never digging him at all rigger. Maybe have a day off for once or look at video and see all those passionate Rovers fans plus plenty of others who missed attending Ewood Park for a season and abit. It was hard enough not being allow to watch Rovers inside a Stadium for length of time 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You never digging him at all rigger. Maybe have a day off for once or look at video and see all those passionate Rovers fans plus plenty of others who missed attending Ewood Park for a season and abit. It was hard enough not being allow to watch Rovers inside a Stadium for length of time 

I will have a day off, the day Mowbray leaves. What I said is what I feel.

PS. I have been a passionate Rovers fan for over 50 years.

• Like 1

I've just bought myself and my son half STs. It'll be his first ST of any description and mine for nearly 8 years. 

My purchase isn't an endorsement of anyone or anything, but merely because it's now time he HAS to endure my pain and upset for the rest of his life 😁

• Like 4

If you don't think last nights result will have any impact on Saturday's gate, my mate has just phoned me and says having witnessed the game on Sky he is not bothering coming over to Blackburn to watch it on Saturday. And he's already bought the ticket !

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Like I’ve said repeatedly, you lose ST holders your gates drop, it’s that simple.

Yet that complete fool Waggott thought that whopping price hikes on the back of a pandemic and 18 months out the habit was the way to go.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Looking at todays press release regarding the home game versus PNE, Rovers have not heeded or learned a lesson as regards pricing initiatives for the game, in probably what should have been the biggest home gate of the season.

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 6

They could almost fill the place up for this fixture if they really wanted to but they can't be arsed.

Keep moaning about the ground being too big etc but this is what it was built for so when the opportunity arises there's room.  As it is there'll probably be more than 10k empty seats again but hey no need to bother with extra stewards or police.

• Like 2

They will justify these prices on the basis that they are doing right by season ticket holders and that people have the option of getting it 'cheaper' by committing to a season ticket instead.

Of course anyone with any sense knows that it isn't as simple as that and that many, many people have neither the money, ability or desire to commit to every game.

If we believe the figures from the Sheff U game there were circa 5000 matchday ticket buyers on top of season ticket holders. Many of those people will have enjoyed the performance, result and atmosphere and need to be enticed back.

The next home Saturday game is Preston. An attractive looking fixture that is perfect to try and increase that 5000 figure upwards. The challenge should be to persuade everyone who bought for Sheffield to do the same again and also to bring a friend or family member at the same time. Small increases and gains. Aim for 15,000 home fans from the 12,000 or so last week.

Not brilliant if you achieve it but certainly progress and with a full DE would see 22,000-23,000 on Ewood and a cracking atmosphere.

You could beat that if you were really determined and pushed it into new areas and marketed it properly but that isn't going to happen under this lot.

£20 an adult anywhere in the ground. £10 for teenagers and £5 for kids with adults. Pack the place out.

But no, Waggott decides to go with the £30 a head routine. He will be expecting a full DE of PNE fans and so will want the cash from them, in doing so limiting the home attendance.

The thing is I think that he and Rovers want a limited crowd. I think they would much sooner have 15000 on paying £30 a head than they would getting 25,000 on at cheaper prices.

Why? I don't think the club is set up or capable of hosting a crowd of that size, especially not in a local derby and the local plod will be sticking their beak in and setting all sorts of rules and demands on the club.

I'm still surprised it is going to be a 3pm kick off, and expect that is on the basis we won't be selling 'cheap' tickets to fill the place.

Imagine the stress Kayleigh and co. would have in the lead up to that one.

Tinpot outfit run by tinpot administrators.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

They will justify these prices on the basis that they are doing right by season ticket holders and that people have the option of getting it 'cheaper' by committing to a season ticket instead.

Of course anyone with any sense knows that it isn't as simple as that and that many, many people have neither the money, ability or desire to commit to every game.

If we believe the figures from the Sheff U game there were circa 5000 matchday ticket buyers on top of season ticket holders. Many of those people will have enjoyed the performance, result and atmosphere and need to be enticed back.

The next home Saturday game is Preston. An attractive looking fixture that is perfect to try and increase that 5000 figure upwards. The challenge should be to persuade everyone who bought for Sheffield to do the same again and also to bring a friend or family member at the same time. Small increases and gains. Aim for 15,000 home fans from the 12,000 or so last week.

Not brilliant if you achieve it but certainly progress and with a full DE would see 22,000-23,000 on Ewood and a cracking atmosphere.

You could beat that if you were really determined and pushed it into new areas and marketed it properly but that isn't going to happen under this lot.

£20 an adult anywhere in the ground. £10 for teenagers and £5 for kids with adults. Pack the place out.

But no, Waggott decides to go with the £30 a head routine. He will be expecting a full DE of PNE fans and so will want the cash from them, in doing so limiting the home attendance.

The thing is I think that he and Rovers want a limited crowd. I think they would much sooner have 15000 on paying £30 a head than they would getting 25,000 on at cheaper prices.

Why? I don't think the club is set up or capable of hosting a crowd of that size, especially not in a local derby and the local plod will be sticking their beak in and setting all sorts of rules and demands on the club.

I'm still surprised it is going to be a 3pm kick off, and expect that is on the basis we won't be selling 'cheap' tickets to fill the place.

Imagine the stress Kayleigh and co. would have in the lead up to that one.

Tinpot outfit run by tinpot administrators.

If they wanted to do right by the season ticket holders, they could have reduced the prices for the Nobbers game for everyone, but allowed season ticket holders in for free to the next home FA cup game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Looking at todays press release regarding the home game versus PNE, Rovers have not heeded or learned a lesson as regards pricing initiatives for the game, in probably what should have been the biggest home gate of the season.

it is total madness really and hopefully the penny will eventually drop.