BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think the players might have better options. Tarkowski, Leicester. Lingard, West ham. Ramsey, could be a useful squad player for a team near the top 

Is Tarkowski a Rodgers type of player? Probably not..

Would Lingard even play at West ham given their form of the 3 players behind Antonio?

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Did they chase Conte and Xavi?.

It was posted on here a couple of days ago. Did you not see it? 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure why Aaron Ramsey would join Newcastle either. They are at huge risk of going down and I cant imagine him playing in the Championship, especially if his wages would be cut in such a situation. He reportedly joined Juventus on 400k a week so money alone wont attract him.

His wages are 400k before tax NOT after tax.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lingard again would be best advised to turn down any potential offer. He is far too good to play for a potential Championship club and if he sits on his contract for half a season more, he would be a very appealing free agent to teams towards the top, never mind the bottom, a West Ham return being the obvious one

Newcastle could buy him for 2 million pounds but if they relegate with then his release clause is 2 million pounds that summer. 

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They chased the wrong managerial targets like Conte or Xavi. They need to be realistic and same in January with transfer targets, If I was Howe I would be targeting Tarwoski, Lingard, Ramsey for example

They’ll have to be willing to pay big money for Tarkowski and they could get him free in the summer. We’ve already decided to take the hit or we could have cashed in the last window. I know they have it but I’m not sure they’ll want to part with what it would take to make us do the business.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is Tarkowski a Rodgers type of player? Probably not..

Would Lingard even play at West ham given their form of the 3 players behind Antonio?

Well Leicester were after him 

Not sure, but he did very well under Moyes last season

Newcastle aren't as attractive as you might think. Huge relegation risk 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well Leicester were after him 

Not sure, but he did very well under Moyes last season

Newcastle aren't as attractive as you might think. Huge relegation risk 

But signed the Southampton defender Vestergard instead tho. 

For me, he wouldnt. 

That's why January signings would have released clause in their contract. 

43 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

They’ll have to be willing to pay big money for Tarkowski and they could get him free in the summer. We’ve already decided to take the hit or we could have cashed in the last window. I know they have it but I’m not sure they’ll want to part with what it would take to make us do the business.

20 million hit then have find a Good replacement aswell like Harry Souttar from Stoke for example 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There is some negativity and booing at Old Trafford. I hope the "proper" fans are taking them to task.

© A Mowbray

You can imagine Mowbray's reaction if Rovers were booed off like that? He's incredibly lucky that as far as most of the remaining fans are concerned for whatever reason he's achieved practically godlike status, and for the rest the apathy is too strong to even muster a reaction like that. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was posted on here a couple of days ago. Did you not see it? 

His wages are 400k before tax NOT after tax.

Newcastle could buy him for 2 million pounds but if they relegate with then his release clause is 2 million pounds that summer. 

Lingard would be best off waiting until he is a free agent rather than getting a potentially unnecessary relegation on his CV.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But signed the Southampton defender Vestergard instead tho. 

For me, he wouldnt. 

That's why January signings would have released clause in their contract. 

Again, this is what will complicate deals and why I said they will need to downgrade their transfer expectations. No top player wants a relegation on their CV, release clause or not 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

20 million hit then have find a Good replacement aswell like Harry Souttar from Stoke for example 

Apparently we turned more down in summer as he was seen as central tk is staying up. Our position is precarious so I’m not sure even 20 would do it. Collins looked really good when he came in so maybe they would risk it but I’m not sure. Also he wants England, to do that he needs Premier League, will he risk it? However money does talk and I can see them dangling a big fat contract so maybe.

46 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Massive bonus point. The way Chelsea are playing anything 2-0 or better I saw as a plus, to get a point is awesome. I’d swap it for wins against Palace and Newcastle in the next few weeks.

Vydra should have won it at the end too. 

As I said the other day I'd be worried if I was Solskjaer. His 3 games to save his job ended up win-draw-loss. They were light years behind today. At one point City had 70% possession, at Old Trafford. He looked lost making his substitutions again too. He could have sneaked on a 12th man and they'd still have got beat though.

Man U are playing for 4th. If that's all the Glazer's need then he'll stay. City, Chelsea, and Liverpool are miles better.