BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) - 28/09/2021

Does anyone know for certain that Mowbray has promised game time to Klopp and Bielsa? Is he contractually bound to do so? If that is true, then it is a shocking indictment of our manager. I feel sorry for Butterworth.  He is being overlooked for Poveda/Clarkson neither of whom are worth a place in our under 23s. Poveda was utterly appalling when he came on-every promising situation broke down because of his lethargic attitude. I can forgive Magloire for his errors because he is simply out of his depth and only played because of the injuries, but we must get Wharton and this Brighton lad fit ASAP. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

Just witnessed 2 of the worst substitutions imaginable. Mowbray obviously more concerned about satisfying liverpool and leeds than his own team. The nature of the game was totally unsuited to Poveda and Clarkson, whereas Butterworth and Edun would have been appropriate. Sackable behaviour by Mowbray.

If he had a boss at Ewood, unfortunately he's his own boss, the CEO works for him.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, AAK said:

Totally agree, the whole team defensively is atrocious, it’s not just the back 4 it’s the team as a whole, you can see, clearly, that they are not trained to defend, they have no idea how to defend as a team, it’s like watching schoolboys. 

And to achieve that has taken the best part of five years. It’s not that this is because we are a young team we were worse last season. We are 6th heading for 16th. The script is already written.

6 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell all off. Imagine taking Brereton out that team as well, and you have a glimpse in to our future.

Bit dramatic, but also kinda true.

Lenihan is going to sign a contract.  The other two are off.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes. He bossed the whole game. We had nobody who could control him at all.

Poveda? Clarkson? Worse than a waste of space. 

Basically we have too many small or slight players who can't mix it. I mean put the feckin boot in.

Even if Johnson was fit he could have deputized at CB. Magloire has to have seen his last chance at this level. At least for a few years. 

Can someone injure Poveda in training please so we can send him back. I don't think I've ever witnessed so much shite in such a short space of time on a football field.

Clarkson not up to it, likewise magloire.

Injuries & subs killed us here. Like others have said, why not bring on Butty & Edun? Oh yes we know why, cos we've committed to gametime for the loanees. Surely we can put a clause in these contracts which say "unless he's shite"!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

Just witnessed 2 of the worst substitutions imaginable. Mowbray obviously more concerned about satisfying liverpool and leeds than his own team. The nature of the game was totally unsuited to Poveda and Clarkson, whereas Butterworth and Edun would have been appropriate. Sackable behaviour by Mowbray.

I don’t rate Edun’s performances to date either. Would have been nice to have Johnson fit.  Could have helped in the middle or in back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Poveda has looked really poor in all 3 games now. Clarkson wasnt as poor as Poveda but didnt do much of note. Not just a loanee thing though or a loanee issue in general as it can be implied.

His passing was awful. Had more energy than Poveda and looked as though he cared, but was very poor in distributing the ball 

2 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

I thought Dolan and Gallagher both weren’t great second half and was calling for Butterworth or Khedra to come on for one of them with 20mins to go. 

Gallagher off yes, but Dolan should have been kept on as there's always a chance he'll cause problems. Especially considering the inclusion of Poveda and Clarkson which made ball retention next to impossible.

Their third goal was from Clarkson losing it in their half.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pentelrobot said:

Does anyone know for certain that Mowbray has promised game time to Klopp and Bielsa? Is he contractually bound to do so? If that is true, then it is a shocking indictment of our manager. I feel sorry for Butterworth.  He is being overlooked for Poveda/Clarkson neither of whom are worth a place in our under 23s. Poveda was utterly appalling when he came on-every promising situation broke down because of his lethargic attitude. I can forgive Magloire for his errors because he is simply out of his depth and only played because of the injuries, but we must get Wharton and this Brighton lad fit ASAP. 

If our local journalists weren’t so shit scared to ask the right questions we’d probably know this. Can’t imagine the M.E.N. not asking the right questions to the Manchester clubs they report on. 

• Like 1