BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Protest @ Ewood 6/11

Surely this game represents the best opportunity for our fanbase to state their feelings towards Mowbray. Low tickets cost, a landmark club game, and importantly off the back off a 7nil defeat. 

If Venkys were going to listen to us at any point it would be now and with an international break the perfect opportunity to bring someone new in they may just bite the bullet. 

We need to make a stand!!! I am at the point where I no longer possess feelings if we win or lose. There is 0 faith in the hierarchy.

• Like 3

Venkys wont even be aware that we have a game on Saturday, never mind if a protest took place. Think back to the Kean protests, they dont care, in the end years later he resigned, they didnt sack him.

Any protests would need to be against Venkys, they are the issue, a protest wouldnt get them out, sadly we are all helpless.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Venkys wont even be aware that we have a game on Saturday, never mind if a protest took place. Think back to the Kean protests, they dont care, in the end years later he resigned, they didnt sack him.

Any protests would need to be against Venkys, they are the issue, a protest wouldnt get them out, sadly we are all helpless.

It sounds like you don't think a good manager would get us into the play offs? I don't see why not really. Another manager could have under the conditions Mowbray has had. I believe that. 

That's not making excuses for the owners by the way. 

• Like 4

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It sounds like you don't think a good manager would get us into the play offs? I don't see why not really. Another manager could have under the conditions Mowbray has had. I believe that. 

That's not making excuses for the owners by the way. 

I have mentioned on another thread, I do think that we would have to overachieve to get into the play offs all things considered. I also suggested examples of how such an overachievement is far from an impossibility with a really good manager, so I do think that it is possible. I do think that the conditions to which Mowbray has worked under are over exaggerated, I don't think necessarily that it a disgrace that we have never made the play offs, and a truly terrible manager could have easily done much worse.

Warnock said that he was approached by Venkys, but he knew best and ran a mile.

Ultimately, that manager will likely never come under these owners, and the current one stays indefinitely, because as I keep saying, he is just a symptom. Venkys are the disease and whilst they own our football club, it will seemingly forever be incurable.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Warnock said that he was approached by Venkys, but he knew best and ran a mile

Warnock thought he had got the job, and even tipped Sky Sports off that he was about to be appointed, (yellow breaking news strap).

Then Mike Cheston, who had made the decision, went on holiday and Coyle’s agent got in Venkys ears……….

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

Surely this game represents the best opportunity for our fanbase to state their feelings towards Mowbray. Low tickets cost, a landmark club game, and importantly off the back off a 7nil defeat. 

If Venkys were going to listen to us at any point it would be now and with an international break the perfect opportunity to bring someone new in they may just bite the bullet. 

We need to make a stand!!! I am at the point where I no longer possess feelings if we win or lose. There is 0 faith in the hierarchy.

It has to be through a fans representative set up like the Rovers Trust, they must have PR who can get something moving with local press....something from that angle...

Not sure the numbers will be there on Saturday,  I was taking my daughter along and after last night I can't be arsed.

3 hours ago, martonrover said:

Warnock thought he had got the job, and even tipped Sky Sports off that he was about to be appointed, (yellow breaking news strap).

Then Mike Cheston, who had made the decision, went on holiday and Coyle’s agent got in Venkys ears……….

Still disgusts me regarding Coyle getting in over warnock

• Like 5

Get real. The last time there was a 'protest' (Birmingham game at back end of last season) a little bit of rain meant that to all intents and purposes there was only me who actually turned up at the appointed time. In fact the prize for effort in protesting on the day came not from Rovers fans, but a Brummie fan who travelled up with a real protest banner.

The reality is that most folk don't actually give a shit these days and the only time most of ye will realise what a precarious position the club is in will be when it has gone. 

And, as so eloquently put above, what point in protesting when there is no-one with any influence actually listening? We might as well shout at the telly with the sound turned down like my gran used to when Tory politicians came on spouting their poisonous tripe.

Protest? Meh.. nobody has it in then for our once proud club anymore. Arte et Labore my arse.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Ten years ago I wrote that if nobody turned up at Ewood for a game, Kean would be gone tomorrow.

We are not powerless. Renewed protest inside and out of the ground would help.

We have the example of Blackpool.

When fans who have followed Rovers for decades no longer care whether we win or lose, then the end is nigh--one way or another.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

Ten years ago I wrote that if nobody turned up at Ewood for a game, Kean would be gone tomorrow.

When fans who have followed Rovers for decades no longer care whether we win or lose, then the end is nigh--one way or another.

That would never happen, 100% participation, but the protests when Kean was here were constant and were continuously making headlines, but nothing happened. I bet even an attendance of 0 wouldnt have done anything. Venkys are different to the Oystons, out in India never attending, ignorance is bliss.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

It needs leadership.

The first thing is to get agreement in the split fanbase about the object of the protest Is it against TM, The Coventrio ....or against Venky's.

Although I happen to believe that the whole thing stems from the toxic ownership, I am only too aware not everyone thinks that.

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It has to be through a fans representative set up like the Rovers Trust, they must have PR who can get something moving with local press....something from that angle...

Not sure the numbers will be there on Saturday,  I was taking my daughter along and after last night I can't be arsed.

I don’t think it is in the Rovers Trust’s remit to campaign to get a manager sacked as such. 

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I don’t think it is in the Rovers Trust’s remit to campaign to get a manager sacked as such. 

How many members does the Trust have? Is it 400? I hope that those who criticise them have actually joined up?

C'mn--make a difference!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Get real. The last time there was a 'protest' (Birmingham game at back end of last season) a little bit of rain meant that to all intents and purposes there was only me who actually turned up at the appointed time. In fact the prize for effort in protesting on the day came not from Rovers fans, but a Brummie fan who travelled up with a real protest banner.

The reality is that most folk don't actually give a shit these days and the only time most of ye will realise what a precarious position the club is in will be when it has gone. 

And, as so eloquently put above, what point in protesting when there is no-one with any influence actually listening? We might as well shout at the telly with the sound turned down like my gran used to when Tory politicians came on spouting their poisonous tripe.

Protest? Meh.. nobody has it in then for our once proud club anymore. Arte et Labore my arse.

As a season ticket holder I guarantee everyone around me in the Jack Walker knows what a precarious position our club is in. 

However, there's literally nothing to be done as a fan. We've been alienated and ostracised for a decade. Our voice, our opinion means nothing to the Rao family. Blackburn Rovers are an expensive toy that they've grown bored of and placed away on a shelf to gather dust. They're rich enough to write off the losses and anything short of a prominent PR backlash in India won't make them bat an eyelid. 

Realistically they should sell the club to someone who cares, but they seem content to crush the life out of the club that they ripped the soul out of a decade ago. If you told me they were malicious Burnley fans I'd take you at your word. 

• Like 7

The majority of match going fans think Venky’s are the saviours of the club and we’d be ‘Bury without them’.

So why on earth would a protest take off?

(Standard anti manager chants on the back of bad results is a different issue - though he is still very popular too from what I can see).

Edited by Mattyblue

The support is so divided there is absolutely little chance of a protest.

Keyboard warriors wont attend games let alone stand at the ground to voice dissent and anger let alone outrage.

Some fans will always support the club without dissent, others just cannot be bothered for any number of reasons.

There should be only one message on Saturday and that is MOWBRAY OUT!

35 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The support is so divided there is absolutely little chance of a protest.

Keyboard warriors wont attend games let alone stand at the ground to voice dissent and anger let alone outrage.

Some fans will always support the club without dissent, others just cannot be bothered for any number of reasons.

There should be only one message on Saturday and that is MOWBRAY OUT!

*Venkys out. 

Although who will hear that message?

how about in the 14th and 60th minutes a full minute of im rovers till I die to show support for the club as they have made it 14.60 for the 146 year anniversary,  then as Mowbray seems to think he hurts as much as we do follow it with a minute of you'll never be blue, you'll never be blue you, you boro bastard you'll never be blue

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

how about in the 14th and 60th minutes a full minute of im rovers till I die to show support for the club as they have made it 14.60 for the 146 year anniversary,  then as Mowbray seems to think he hurts as much as we do follow it with a minute of you'll never be blue, you'll never be blue you, you boro bastard you'll never be blue

Brilliant!

47 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

There certainly won’t if everyone had your attitude, no.

My attitude is forged from realism. 

I don’t want to be at Ewood almost wishing for a defeat for it to kick off against Mowbray, because that is what it would need for any real dissent to be vented.

I don’t want to be at Ewood in a fan V fan type environment, which is inevitable, (especially after Mowbray’s rallying call to his disciples today).

I am choosing to vote with my feet, which in my opinion is the most effective / strongest form of protest.

I look forward to returning if / when meaningful changes have been made.