BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

30 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

To be fair to jny, whilst as fans we are rightly proud of our rich & silvery history, in current terms we are very much punching above our weight currently. 

We're currently 2nd with a decent gap to 7th, in a season when even the most optimistic of us would've been happy with just a top half finish in August having lost Arma and signed no replacement + a few loans none of us knew anything of! 

In that context, in the here & now, our squad is punching above its weight.

This team is definitely punching at the moment and it's great to see.

As a club though we've been under achieving for a decade.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

And it amazes me that you think your theories are fact and anyone who thinks different is deluded.

What about this 10 million bonus supposedly on the table?

Gallagher given a new deal but the owners aint even allowing discussions to be had with the players out of contract this summer?

The club have said 3+1 year deals on the table for the 3 of them.

Obviously the deals on the table aint sufficient for the 3 to sign on but i do not believe like you that no offers have been made...if they havent then surely at least 1 of those 3 will go public that Rovers didnt offer them a new deal when they move on.

Of course I think my theories are fact. People like you think I am deluded, I think people like you are deluded. It's called a difference of opinion!

Again this '£10 million bonus' supposedly on the table. I've already tried my best to explain that all the players will have promotion bonuses in their contracts from when they signed them, just like they will at every other club in the land. A promotion bonus is not unique to Rovers and there have not been any new contracts issued recently. Venkys can't just turn up with a suitcase of cash as an extra sweetner halfway through the season.

I know what the 'club' aka Waggott and Mowbray have said - frankly I don't believe them. They are on the payroll and won't reveal information that will reflect badly on their bosses. You don't expect them to point a finger of blame at the owners they are being paid by? Much easier to do it towards the players who are leaving and their invisible agents. Fans are also naturally inclined to side with the 'club'  - in this case Venkys, Mowbray and Waggott - rather than a player - that's a fact of life - Rose tinted spectacles. Doesn't mean what they say is true!

I haven't said offers haven't been made - I said they might not or they might have made improved offers. They might be offering Nyambe £500 a week more - strictly that's an improved offer but a disgraceful one given his increased importance at the club.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rigger said:

What that proves, is that we have always punched above our weight.

I can’t argue with your opinion. Quantitatively by the measures available our overall position appears to be about 12th. The current position is below that read into that what you will.

3 hours ago, jny said:

I think the £10m bonus for the team if they go up, probably tells you they are.

Honestly why do people think it's that easy to get players to sign a new contract - we're an unfashionable club in an unfashionable area punching above our weight in a precarious financial position who can't afford to offer top wages to most of our players and are trying to run things on a shoestring.

Blimey.

Sticking this in a popular thread so it gets eyes. Hopefully @J*Bwill give me a pass for the lack of accuracy to the thread topic.

We’re giving away 10 Half ST’s in partnership with one of the sponsors at Rovers Chat. We’re asking people to nominate others (or themselves) via direct message to the page on Twitter or by using the hashtag #RCNominations. 

We’ve teamed up with several others since including a men’s mental health charity and Lancs Live’s Jaquob Crooke to hopefully add to the number we have to give away.

We’ll also be sponsoring the Ewood Express for a home game later in the season.

Thanks all. Anyone without Twitter can feel free to DM me here with nominations.

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Sticking this in a popular thread so it gets eyes. Hopefully @J*Bwill give me a pass for the lack of accuracy to the thread topic.

We’re giving away 10 Half ST’s in partnership with one of the sponsors at Rovers Chat. We’re asking people to nominate others (or themselves) via direct message to the page on Twitter or by using the hashtag #RCNominations. 

We’ve teamed up with several others since including a men’s mental health charity and Lancs Live’s Jaquob Crooke to hopefully add to the number we have to give away.

We’ll also be sponsoring the Ewood Express for a home game later in the season.

Thanks all. Anyone without Twitter can feel free to DM me here with nominations.

Absolutely tremendous work. Keep us all updated with the Ewood Express sponsorship initiative too

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

This team is definitely punching at the moment and it's great to see.

As a club though we've been under achieving for a decade.

I think our weight was mid table top division. We punched above that with our many top half and European finishes.

We have been well below our weight for ten years.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Of course I think my theories are fact. People like you think I am deluded, I think people like you are deluded. It's called a difference of opinion!

Again this '£10 million bonus' supposedly on the table. I've already tried my best to explain that all the players will have promotion bonuses in their contracts from when they signed them, just like they will at every other club in the land. A promotion bonus is not unique to Rovers and there have not been any new contracts issued recently. Venkys can't just turn up with a suitcase of cash as an extra sweetner halfway through the season.

I know what the 'club' aka Waggott and Mowbray have said - frankly I don't believe them. They are on the payroll and won't reveal information that will reflect badly on their bosses. You don't expect them to point a finger of blame at the owners they are being paid by? Much easier to do it towards the players who are leaving and their invisible agents. Fans are also naturally inclined to side with the 'club'  - in this case Venkys, Mowbray and Waggott - rather than a player - that's a fact of life - Rose tinted spectacles. Doesn't mean what they say is true!

I haven't said offers haven't been made - I said they might not or they might have made improved offers. They might be offering Nyambe £500 a week more - strictly that's an improved offer but a disgraceful one given his increased importance at the club.

Rose tinted glasses maybe, but you my friend have a downer and conspiracy theory over every single thing the club does.

We have had these debates before.Lets take your line where you reckon the owners only spend in the market on foward players and players that could bring in potential profit.Transfer fee wise maybe but you disregard the raft of ageing players brought in on free transfers.Take Ayala for example so you would have me believe that he signed on here on less money than at Boro without the club sweetening him with a signing on fee?.Holtby said he had other lucrative offers when he signed.Johnson etc.Given 2+1 year deals is a big financial committment by the owners as they have no resale value.

Mowbray stated on video today no eye watering bids for any players.Is it him who is deciding the players value or the owners?

Its dissapointing that the 3 lads are coming to the end of their deals and agreed the club should have been more proactive in getting deals done but we aint the only club who have key men not signing new contracts.

I suppose Millwall didnt offer Jed Wallace a new deal or Liverpool are only trying to fool the fans by pretending they have offered Salah a new contract similar with Pogba.

Have you any proof that Gallagher didnt get a pay rise but even if he didnt more years means a committment to his wage which is top end of our wage structure and he aint shown enough yet to suggest we would recieve much in a transfer fee if he was sold.

3+1 if true is again a big financial committment up until this season i wouldnt have been offering that legnth of contract to Lenihen and Rothwell IF they were wanting top end wages.

Also im well aware that clubs will have promotion bonuses etc but from the way Nixon wrote that article it was suggestive they had stepped in with a bigger offer.

• Like 1

‘Unfashionable area’, aye, like the players are all living up Shad. 🙄

The north west is one of the most fashionable areas to be based as a football club, as our players can live it up in Manchester or Cheshire with the rest of them, that’s without even mentioning the possibility of living in the Ribble Valley, you know, where their job is actually based…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Unfashionable area’, aye, like the players are all living up Shad. 🙄

The north west is one of the most fashionable areas to be based as a football club, as our players can live it up in Manchester or Cheshire with the rest of them, that’s without even mentioning the possibility of living in the Ribble Valley, you know, where their job is actually based…

lol,i can just see diaz housing hunting in higher croft and kaminski browsing round  mill hill😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said that we may struggle to name a bench on Saturday. Many players have played so much football already and Pickering being out is a huge blow, along with the impending threat of Covid.

This has to be the time for Venkys to stump a fraction of the Armstrong money back up. We need new players in to help the main 14 or 15, because after that the quality falls off a cliff.

We're going out in the third round again aren't we?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Rose tinted glasses maybe, but you my friend have a downer and conspiracy theory over every single thing the club does.

We have had these debates before.Lets take your line where you reckon the owners only spend in the market on foward players and players that could bring in potential profit.Transfer fee wise maybe but you disregard the raft of ageing players brought in on free transfers.Take Ayala for example so you would have me believe that he signed on here on less money than at Boro without the club sweetening him with a signing on fee?.Holtby said he had other lucrative offers when he signed.Johnson etc.Given 2+1 year deals is a big financial committment by the owners as they have no resale value.

Mowbray stated on video today no eye watering bids for any players.Is it him who is deciding the players value or the owners?

Its dissapointing that the 3 lads are coming to the end of their deals and agreed the club should have been more proactive in getting deals done but we aint the only club who have key men not signing new contracts.

I suppose Millwall didnt offer Jed Wallace a new deal or Liverpool are only trying to fool the fans by pretending they have offered Salah a new contract similar with Pogba.

Have you any proof that Gallagher didnt get a pay rise but even if he didnt more years means a committment to his wage which is top end of our wage structure and he aint shown enough yet to suggest we would recieve much in a transfer fee if he was sold.

3+1 if true is again a big financial committment up until this season i wouldnt have been offering that legnth of contract to Lenihen and Rothwell IF they were wanting top end wages.

Also im well aware that clubs will have promotion bonuses etc but from the way Nixon wrote that article it was suggestive they had stepped in with a bigger offer.

I'm not going over the free agent debate all over again. I've made the point in the past that for one reason or another during their decade of owning the club there has been almost zero investment in defensive positions and healthy investment in positions further up the pitch where the headlines are made. Conspiracy or not when we look at transfer fees paid that is the reality. 

3+1 is par for the course on contracts for good players in their 20's. That would be my only criticism of the Gallagher one - it isn't really a long term deal. It is an extra year on what he already had. The reason we are getting into this situation is short sightedness - Kaminski another one. Infact the only 4 year deal we seem to have issued recently was for Aynsley Pears.

It is more than disappointing the 3 lads are coming to the end of their deals. I accept that these things can happen in football. Players move on up the pyramid to richer/higher positioned clubs. Lets just see where these 3 end up because I'll put a bet on it now that it won't be a side in the Premier League that takes them on and they will be lining up at another Championship club. That is what I struggle to accept - that we are in effect acting as an academy for rival Championship clubs. 

Possession of Category 1 academy status - if we take Lenihan and Nyambe - should be a major asset for this club - it should see us develop players that are cornerstones of our squad for years to come or at the very least achieve healthy transfer reciepts enabling us to reinvest and avoid FFP troubles.

As it stands we get none of that - we get no fee - we see them head to a tinpot rival club with inferior structure to us - we still struggle to achieve FFP compliance and we see minimal investment in new players.

Slippery slippery slope.

So no - I can't just accept this with a shrug of the shoulders - I want to know what the plan is to ensure we don't lose any more assets for nothing. This time next year it will be Kaminski and Travis, Buckley won't be far behind. More agent blaming and shoulder shrugging but it can't continue. Both our finances and football will be knackered if it does.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, 47er said:

Possibly one of the reasons Nyambe won't re-sign?

I’m not sure….reading between the lines, he wants more money. None of us are privy to what those numbers are and the difference between parties.

I also wonder if there’s a point where us as the fans stop beating the club up. It’s not like we haven’t made an offer to him or the others. The fact that the deals remain unsigned may very much be down to the players, not the club…

12 hours ago, Boroblue said:

where we are in team tables
Most trophies won 12th most successful 

7th most successful team decade on decade

number of times champions of England 11th

Success in the premiership on points 12th

most seasons in the premiership 12th

average points per game in the premiership 8th

number of fa cups won 7th

Widely accepted as the most successful small town club of all time

Is that enough metric

I suppose under Venky’s, it could be argued that we are, as I for one, consider that still being in existence, is probably more than I dared to expect roughly 4 years ago.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure….reading between the lines, he wants more money. None of us are privy to what those numbers are and the difference between parties.

I also wonder if there’s a point where us as the fans stop beating the club up. It’s not like we haven’t made an offer to him or the others. The fact that the deals remain unsigned may very much be down to the players, not the club…

You're intelligent enough to know that it isn't just down to the player, it depends on whether what is being offered is fair and reasonable.

If as rumoured Nyambe has been playing on c 4k p.w. for the last few seasons because he's a product of the Academy system then that's an absolute insult for a player of his ability and I'm surprised he hasn't left well before now.

There's no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't be on approximate parity with the other members of the first X1. As others have pointed out he is infinitely more valuable to us in a playing sense than Gallagher but because we got scammed out of £5m for Gallagher and Nyambe was on buttons originally as an Academy graduate, I'm assuming there is quite a disparity between their respective offers.

It doesn't matter how long ago they were offered deals, if they're unrealistic, they are going to remain unsigned and you can't pin the blame at the players' door.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Basically he’s decent at crossing so people overlook the rest of what is needed  for the role 

Not half the player Nyambe is for me 

I think all this debate only proves one thing - combine the best attributes of each player and you would have a very good right back. Both players have weaknesses that stop them being complete players, but I suppose (especially for Nyambe) if he was a more naturally gifted footballer he would have left for better things ages ago.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

So no - I can't just accept this with a shrug of the shoulders - I want to know what the plan is to ensure we don't lose any more assets for nothing. This time next year it will be Kaminski and Travis, Buckley won't be far behind. More agent blaming and shoulder shrugging but it can't continue. Both our finances and football will be knackered if it does.

Good point, the current contract situation boils down to sheer incompetence from Waggott and Mowbray for me, it's their job to identify and  prioritise and secure the value of  the players who are major assets for the Club. Not leave it until the last minute then hope that in demand players will miraculously put pen to paper at the last minute.

Conversely the only player we've actually managed to tie down is Gallagher who no-one would want and who I would consider an extremely expensive liability.

Never mind the 3 out of contract now, why aren't we getting the likes of Kaminsky and Travis signed up now as well as a show of intent? They've nothing whatsoever to lose from them  accepting improved deals now as they can't go anywhere for at least 18 months anyway. (Or so we're told)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think all this debate only proves one thing - combine the best attributes of each player and you would have a very good right back. Both players have weaknesses that stop them being complete players, but I suppose (especially for Nyambe) if he was a more naturally gifted footballer he would have left for better things ages ago.

This talk about Nyambe's alleged weaknesses is absolute rubbish for me.

How many genuinely flawless wing backs both offensively and defensively are there about, even at the top of the Premier League? Practically the best one I can think of is TAA at Liverpool and even he I would say is poor defensively. The difference is they are so good throughout the rest of the side they can generally outscore the opposition to compensate for whatever defensive gaffes he does make and can afford to take the view that overall he contributes more than he gives away.

Similarly Nyambe is a tremendous defender and contributes far more in that respect than what we lose from the fact he can't cross the ball like Alan Shearer. Maybe if we had £30m to spend on a "wing back" we could get a better overall player but for me your defenders have to be able to defend first and foremost. The rest is a bonus.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Well you're right in 2 respects--he definitely wants more money and none of us know the sums being discussed.

This has been going on so long that I suspect they are far apart. Maybe its a bluff from one side or another but maybe Nyambe isn't being offered enough. I certainly don't believe he's been given a generous offer and has turned it down.

That seems the least likely possibility to me.

If we are being stingy it will bite us on the bum, this so promising team will be dismantled and we'll have to start all over again.

That's a dire scenario.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1