BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Starting to think we just tell Joe it's a no. Get over it. Keep the team in tact, id rather find out where we end up with this team than constantly hold a grudge against a player for fcukin the whole thing up. I get it's a worry but he's gonna get a 3/4 year deal somewhere in very good money in the summer. I know injuries can happen but rovers have paid his wages for 3 years so if they want to dig their heels in the the should.

The concern was Tony's comments yesterday saying if we get a replacement or 2 in that it would be a goer. He hasn't confirmed it's a no and that's the end so there will be alot going on until the deadline. 

Also how has the interested party not leaked. Highly doubt it's Bournemouth now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Southside Rover said:

Just watching Derby and made me think the two 23 to 24yr old could be Bielik and back in for Jozwiak. Wouldn't say either were direct Rothwell replacements but then again there aren't many who carry the ball like Rothwell does

Wouldn’t touch Jozwiak with a barge pole. Doesn’t fancy the rough and tumble of the championship. Sibley and Bielik now your talking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Just watching Derby and made me think the two 23 to 24yr old could be Bielik and back in for Jozwiak. Wouldn't say either were direct Rothwell replacements but then again there aren't many who carry the ball like Rothwell does

Exactly my thoughts when thinking who could possibly do similar to Joe and cannot think or anyone. He's a real talent and really fear losing him. Those that criticise his stays surely recognise he gets up up the pitch with his driving runs and pace. He makes other teams set up different to try stop him. He's a joy to watch imo.

13 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Wouldn’t touch Jozwiak with a barge pole. Doesn’t fancy the rough and tumble of the championship. Sibley and Bielik now your talking.

Bielik is just coming back from his second ACL in as many years. Wouldnt take the risk, given we're already in that boat with Dack.

The longer this goes on without updates, the less likely he goes I’d suggest. To get in 2/3 established replacements by tomorrow night is a tall order. I’ve made my peace with him going so I’m not fussed either way now - provided we get the replacements in.

Intrigued to see what other business we might do. Sounds like there were a couple lined up other than Hedges before the Rothwell nonsense. One thing does seem to be clear is that there are very few leaks from the club these days. Tend not to hear about a move until it’s more or less tied up.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

I actually think swapping Buckley in for Rothwell and playing a good striker in Buckley's position will make us a stronger team. Just whether we could get someone in the time 

It sounds good on paper. But Buckley not playing number ten (see Hull) created a HUGE gap between our midfield and forward players, couldn’t string 3 passes together. Don’t change the system, just buy better players for it!

22 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Exactly my thoughts when thinking who could possibly do similar to Joe and cannot think or anyone. He's a real talent and really fear losing him. Those that criticise his stays surely recognise he gets up up the pitch with his driving runs and pace. He makes other teams set up different to try stop him. He's a joy to watch imo.

Adam Wharton, may be a bit too soon for him, but he could replace Rothwell !

6 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Sharpe is saying that Rothwell wants the Bournemouth move.

That seals it for me. Keep him and let him rot. 

If true the guy isn't on this planet. Our closest promotion rival with less than 48 hours to go.

• Like 1

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understand Luke Freeman on Rovers' radar with offer tabled around the £0.5million mark.

Not worked for the lad at SU, contract up in summer and Mowbray a previous admirer.

Is he the same fellow we bid for before Brereton?

If it is, he's basically a Rothwell replacement in how he plays. Can't speak for how good he is though (I genuinely don't know), as I only remember his QPR form.

The only saving grace is that Rothwell is dealing with Venkies. He’s going nowhere. If him and his agents idea is that they will hold Venkies over a barrel by refusing to play he must have not understood anything in his time here.

See you Tuesday Joe

• Like 2

For what its worth I have no gripe with Rothwell. Can't really blame the lad if a Club is coming along offering him a game changing deal for him and his family. 

No for me the responsibility lies with Rovers who have had time and opportunity to avoid a scenario like this unfolding but either due to poor management, idiotic owners or both have allowed the clock to tick by and then have made insufficient offers too late in the day.

Get used to it because the same is going to happen with the others.

We signed him on a free from Oxford fresh out of League One. He isn't going to be on big money by Championship standards. Clearly whatever we have offered him isn't enough and we can see from the standoff with other players that we as a club are falling well short of the figures needed to get these deals done. 

In 5 months he is out of contract and unemployed. He probably only has one big move and deal left in him before he is in his 30s and thinking of a life after playing. Suitors might well be offering him 3x his current wage, a signing on fee and a 4 year deal. Imagine not being interested and then come the summer he has no contract, a serious injury and the best he can get is a shorter deal on a fraction of the money.

Despite Waggott's claims of making 'improved' offers to these players I simply don't believe that they are even worth the time of day and are probably insulting to those players. The proof is in the pudding there - nobody is signing them and haven't been for months - now they will start looking elsewhere and other clubs will come a sniffing. Get your house in order and that doesn't happen.

We saw with Connor Mahoney - another one criticised for leaving this Club after we had offered him a derisory deal and others were offering him much better terms - if you don't like it then make better offers.

If a club is offering him substantially more than Rovers are and Rovers have mucked him around over the last 2 years (and with Waggott and Venkys at the helm who haven't they mucked around?) I can't blame him at all.

The timing isn't good but that isn't his fault but the other clubs. Again if we had resolved the contract situation in good time this could be dealt with simply with a rejection.

In the unique circumstances we find ourselves in a move to Bournemouth this month is simply unacceptable for so many reasons. We would be better forgoing the cash and dropping him into the reserves for 5 months than selling him to the side right behind us in the table. 

• Like 4

Maja to Stoke on loan? Damn I would of loved him here

Doesn't look like we are doing much until Rothwell leaves? If our business is determined by Rothwell sale I don't know how to think of it..we are sat here twiddling our thumbs while decent players are all seemingly moving to Bournemouth so they can have an A team and B team haha