BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 minutes ago, briansol said:

He's on loan, so don't imagine they are fielding that bill. They got deducted 6 points for failing FFP and have restricted transfers to avoid another 6 points deduction.

Probably but £6m a year for Danny Drinkwater in any shape or form is mental.

They've got the other lad from Chelsea on loan too and he's on a big wage.

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

We had a whole season with no gate income…

Wasting your breath, to a few of these posters, relegation to league 1, ffp, turnover, attendance, covid and previous debt means nothing and is simply an excuse.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Ok maybe - so how does that explain Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis and Kaminski who are all going the same way?

It doesn’t. Just paying a 27 year old those wages on 1/2 a season of success. Don’t get me wrong I’d prefer we have him, but if Bournemouth don’t go up that wage bill will catch up to them 

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Paying Poveda 11K a week whilst he’s injured is stinging us big time. 

Ayala looks a bit of a luxury as our joint highest paid player. And Dack hasn't played in so long.

Gallagher £13,000 a week 😕

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Tin foil hat time. Mowbray signed Rothwell, is there a chance that he’s entitled to a percentage of the profit we make on players he signs? I don’t believe that’s a massively unusual set up in football and it would explain why he’s so keen to sell…

He does often seem a bit too keen to help players on their way from here. Although i think it's more his uncle Tony routine rather than anything greed driven.

You'd think he'd be begging the lad to stay, until summer at least, not holding the bloody door open for him.

• Like 1

It stings having to see him go to Bournemouth and it may well see them finish above us but Rothwell sticking around the group when his head is clearly elsewhere could equally derail the season. How would he play for us now? The reaction at Ewood would be toxic. 

Tomorrow makes or breaks our season. A couple of suitable replacements and we might be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Rothwell on 4K really?!

He came from Oxfords bench where he was probably on less so why not ?

If his agent is supposedly spouting he can x5 or 6 his wages elsewhere then that figure sounds about right.

• Like 3

How sweet is it going to be watching them lose in the playoffs again whilst we’re already on the promotion beach. 
I wanted promotion in the PNE match but changed that to the Bournemouth match now.

Imagine fancying rocking up to the part-timers under the clown Parker. If they fail this year they’re in the doldrums for the feasible, pissing money each year. 

COYB

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He came from Oxfords bench where he was probably on less so why not ?

If his agent is supposedly spouting he can x5 or 6 his wages elsewhere then that figure sounds about right.

I meant as in shock to how low it is. Suppose you don’t realise until you see it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Never in a million years should we be paying £11,000 per week for Poveda. Even if he was healthy 

So half of our very higest earners only have acouple of dozen starts between them tjis season , Yet the likes of ryan and Brereton are still getting paid relative peanuts according to that. 

Just gut to see the funny side i suppose 😄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

11k a week? Are we mental, what a fucking joke, that is rothwell plus nyambe salaries together. Who the hell sanctioned that.  

That stat show the players salary of their "mother" club. When on loan, there is no indication on how much of it we are paying. E.g Drinkwater on loan at Reading at 120k a week (Chelsea contract).