BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, the facts are:  He's a small centre half and he's had 3 very serious injuries in the last 18 months and his current club are not fighting to keep him.....🤷‍♂️

For me your second point is the most relevent to the Rovers. We cannot afford to take the risk.

• Like 3

Thought there was going to be some interesting transfer news for a second… no need to argue over a players height. 

Don’t know much about Souttar, however I’m also sceptical about players from Scotland adapting to the championship. 

Either way, I would keep Lenihan this window - aswell as Rothwell. Our midfield 3 of Buckley, Travis, Rothwell is very well balanced with real quality, the best we’ve had in years. It won’t be easy to replace that if Rothwell goes, especially in January. The same goes for Lenihan with Ayala and Wharton. 

Nymabe is the one who I wouldn’t be too fussed about, especially if he isn’t going to resign. Don’t get me wrong, I love him as a player and think he has great potential under a half decent manager. However his fit in this current team is questionable, he lacks the forward capabilities to play as a wing back. JRC imo is actually perfect for that role, he has never let us down when available and gets a lot of unnecessary stick on here. He’s injury prone and that’s an issue, and there’s alot of questions about his best position, but in my eyes RWB is built for him.

With the championship as poor as it ever has been it’s certainly a year to gamble on promotion (aslong as the club isn’t risking its future).

If we are to strengthen anywhere in January it should be depth for ball carrying midfielders and RB/RWB if Nymabe goes. Across gally reda Diaz dolan and Dack we have enough cover across the forward areas imo. However would love a look at Reda on a perm deal. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, the facts are:  He's a small centre half and he's had 3 very serious injuries in the last 18 months and his current club are not fighting to keep him.....🤷‍♂️

Your opinion. Not a fact. Much like your opinion that Warrington Town's Stefan Mols is a far superior player to John Buckley! 

his current club are not fighting to keep him.....🤷‍♂️

Just pure nonsense. That's not a fact, it's a falsehood based off your assumption.

It would be a fair question to wonder, repeated Mols debate aside, whether Hearts would mind you talking about the pros and cons of an employee on a Rovers messageboard, that the club are trying to keep him and that he is a "shithouse" of a defender? Not a criticism, what are the do's and do not's associated with working for the analysis side of a football club? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It would be a fair question to wonder, repeated Mols debate aside, whether Hearts would mind you talking about the pros and cons of an employee on a Rovers messageboard, that the club are trying to keep him and that he is a "shithouse" of a defender? Not a criticism, what are the do's and do not's associated with working for the analysis side of a football club? 

It's not pros and cons. It's two facts in discussion here, the players height, and the clubs desire to keep him or not.

I'm not discussing his ability or suitability to play for Blackburn Rovers. I'm just calling out a liar for being a liar. As to whether I should've allowed myself to get dragged into this conversation, I probably shouldn't, but watching someone post absolute bollocks about a player they know nothing about is frustrating and I couldn't help but call it out. The lads taller than Lenihan for Christ sake, you only need to look at a picture of him.

You only need to read the countless articles online about Hearts' desire to keep John Souttar around to know that they're not actively trying to get rid of him. My denial of Sparks' claim isn't an insider knowledge thing, it's already common knowledge.

Edited by JoeH

No they are not the facts he's 6ft1 not small and his club are doing their best to keep him. Like Brereton not having a contract clause YOU  are making stuff up and then claiming the stuff you make up is fact.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Nymabe is the one who I wouldn’t be too fussed about, especially if he isn’t going to resign. Don’t get me wrong, I love him as a player and think he has great potential under a half decent manager. However his fit in this current team is questionable, he lacks the forward capabilities to play as a wing back. JRC imo is actually perfect for that role, he has never let us down when available and gets a lot of unnecessary stick on here. He’s injury prone and that’s an issue, and there’s alot of questions about his best position, but in my eyes RWB is built for him.

Nyambe is the one holding himself back. He needs to learn to pass the ball, head the ball and then cross the ball. Add that to learning to shoot at the target, learn his defensive position at corners and to take a proper throw in and we might have a player !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

It's not pros and cons. It's two facts in discussion here, the players height, and the clubs desire to keep him or not.

I'm not discussing his ability or suitability to play for Blackburn Rovers. I'm just calling out a liar for being a liar. As to whether I should've allowed myself to get dragged into this conversation, I probably shouldn't, but watching someone post absolute bollocks about a player they know nothing about is frustrating and I couldn't help but call it out. The lads taller than Lenihan for Christ sake, you only need to look at a picture of him.

You only need to read the countless articles online about Hearts' desire to keep John Souttar around to know that they're not actively trying to get rid of him. My denial of Sparks' claim isn't an insider knowledge thing, it's already common knowledge.

Unless you've been sent on here by your Club to try and persuade us that Souttar would be a good acquisition for BRFC my advice would be, when you're in a hole, stop digging. You're an employee of Hearts now not just a random Rovers fan discussing all things BRFC related on a m/b.

Going online and accusing a fan of another Club that their opinion is "a load of bollocks" isn't the best of looks either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Most of this site relies on people talking bollocks, often from both sides of any argument.

• Like 4

LancsLive understands that Rovers see Souttar as a viable potential replacement for Darragh Lenihan.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/hearts-defender-eyed-blackburn-rovers-22316725

Newcastle United are reportedly interested in signing Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/newcastle-united-interested-in-blackburn-rovers-star-ben-brereton-diaz/

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

LancsLive understands that Rovers see Souttar as a viable potential replacement for Darragh Lenihan.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/hearts-defender-eyed-blackburn-rovers-22316725

Newcastle United are reportedly interested in signing Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/transfers/newcastle-united-interested-in-blackburn-rovers-star-ben-brereton-diaz/

I'm not going to put too much faith in an article by the geordie bootboys especially one that fails to mention we have an option on the contract. Tho if we could get an auction going for him and sell for £25m upwards I'd see that as hard to turn down.

I dont see the bar codes seeing that BBD is better than what they have up front at the moment. In any case, if the rumours are right then it seems there could be a bit of a bidding war building.

Funny how the reports fail to mention the 1 year option that Rovers have on BBD.

1 minute ago, Beanie01289 said:

I'm not going to put too much faith in an article by the geordie bootboys especially one that fails to mention we have an option on the contract. Tho if we could get an auction going for him and sell for £25m upwards I'd see that as hard to turn down.

I'd put even less faith in Lancs Live.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

I dont see the bar codes seeing that BBD is better than what they have up front at the moment. In any case, if the rumours are right then it seems there could be a bit of a bidding war building.

Funny how the reports fail to mention the 1 year option that Rovers have on BBD.

Does not make as good a story if he basically has 18 months left.

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The bigger issue than what they have at the moment is what they can now afford to buy. As good as he has been this season in the second tier and at times for Chile, I can't imagine he is the best option on the market for a club as rich as they are. 

Just now, bluebruce said:

The bigger issue than what they have at the moment is what they can now afford to buy. As good as he has been this season in the second tier and at times for Chile, I can't imagine he is the best option on the market for a club as rich as they are. 

The position they find themselves in has a huge baring on who they can bring in.