BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The bigger issue than what they have at the moment is what they can now afford to buy. As good as he has been this season in the second tier and at times for Chile, I can't imagine he is the best option on the market for a club as rich as they are. 

He could be a cult hero, the geordies would love him if he can do the same there.

Personally I think he leaves in June for nothing 

3 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

The position they find themselves in has a huge baring on who they can bring in.

With most modern day footballers. I would say their bank balance has a huge baring on who they can bring in.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rigger said:

With most modern day footballers. I would say their bank balance, has a huge baring on who they can bring in.

It's going to be a building job at Newcastle for the time being get the players that can keep them up is the January remit you might see the odd surprise move maybe a coutinho but I suspect it will be more players of the Brereton mould younger players with an upside.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Nyambe is the one holding himself back. He needs to learn to pass the ball, head the ball and then cross the ball. Add that to learning to shoot at the target, learn his defensive position at corners and to take a proper throw in and we might have a player !

We've nowt to worry about then if you're correct, if he was even half as bad as you're cracking on then no-one would want him.

He's a bloody good defender and that's all that matters to me. Not everyone can be Roberto Carlos in the final third.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Not saying that isn't the case, but if indeed we do have one, why haven't we triggered it long before now?

Cos it doesn't exist.  We clobber chaddy for believing Maggot,  why does everyone believe we have an option?

Like you say, I'd have triggered it weeks ago....

9 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Have you seen ANY panic from anyone at the club that he is out of contract in 6 months. Adam Armstrong was talked about extensively about going into the final 12 months of his contract by people at the club can you honestly tell me there is any of the same concerns from anyone.

That's a non post.

Can you describe the club visibly panicking so I know what it looks like?

Well Nixon usually starts it by putting the word out and he's been true to type with this - although he hasn't said we can't pay the wages or any installment owed yet.  He has though dropped in the balance the books line.

When the LT starts putting it about regularly you know there's legs to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

He could be a cult hero, the geordies would love him if he can do the same there.

Personally I think he leaves in June for nothing 

Personally he won’t leave in June for Zero pounds Rovers have the option and the player has no say in it!

You can’t trigger a contract extension on a player until a certain date. I don’t know whether or not that date has happened yet, I assume not, if I was a betting man I would hazard a guess on his contract extension date being December 31st - the day before he can start talking to foreign clubs for free. It’s standard practice.  

As a side note, this Buckey vs. Mols stuff is verging into trolling territory now, it’s boring for the rest of us and if @K-Hodlets me, I’m going to start treating it as such. But I might just be in a bad mood. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

As a side note, this Buckey vs. Mols stuff is verging into trolling territory now, it’s boring for the rest of us and if @K-Hodlets me, I’m going to start treating it as such. But I might just be in a bad mood. 

I think that's bordering on policing specific topics that people can bring up. If someone repeatedly rams an opinion onto the board (often in unrelated topics and discussions), then they're going to get some stick when it blows up months later.

Much like the several references to Ben Whiteman on here also. Much of a muchness. Or the fella who gets stick about the whole Britt Assombalonga shtick whenever he posts - someone will know the name.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think that's bordering on policing specific topics that people can bring up. If someone repeatedly rams an opinion onto the board (often in unrelated topics and discussions), then they're going to get some stick when it blows up months later.

Much like the several references to Ben Whiteman on here also. Much of a muchness. Or the fella who gets stick about the whole Britt Assombalonga shtick whenever he posts - someone will know the name.

@Madon’s Assombalonga isn’t brought up half as much as this Mols vs. Buckley thing and is much more light hearted. There’s light hearted banter and ruining threads for everyone else. I will of course take your opinion on board, but ultimately, I’ll police specific topics if I think they’re to the detriment of the website on the whole. I’ve done it before, I once made it so that every time @VinjayMCsaid the words “Jack Walker Trust” it was changed to “COME ON CITY!”.

PS - I noticed at the last game you sit around 4 rows back from me in the Riverside. Come down for a beer and pie and join the unofficial BRFCS membership meet up next game!

• Like 1

With so many premier clubs interested in BBD why not sell him and loan him back through the end of the campaign?  Like what we did with Pickering. Book the sale, let him continue to flourish and see if he can help preserve chemistry to push on for promotion.  I’m not sure he’s premier league ready as he’s really only played a prominent role for 4 months. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

@Madon’s Assombalonga isn’t brought up half as much as this Mols vs. Buckley thing and is much more light hearted. There’s light hearted banter and ruining threads for everyone else. I will of course take your opinion on board, but ultimately, I’ll police specific topics if I think they’re to the detriment of the website on the whole. I’ve done it before, I once made it so that every time @VinjayMCsaid the words “Jack Walker Trust” it was changed to “COME ON CITY!”.

PS - I noticed at the last game you sit around 4 rows back from me in the Riverside. Come down for a beer and pie and join the unofficial BRFCS membership meet up next game!

Whatever happened to Vinjay? He was always gold on Rovers Messageboards back in the day. Hope he’s well wherever he is 😂

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Cos it doesn't exist.  We clobber chaddy for believing Maggot,  why does everyone believe we have an option?

Like you say, I'd have triggered it weeks ago....

It cannot be triggered until in the last 6 months of his contract I am reliably informed alongside an offer being on the table

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We've nowt to worry about then if you're correct, if he was even half as bad as you're cracking on then no-one would want him.

He's a bloody good defender and that's all that matters to me. Not everyone can be Roberto Carlos in the final third.

I never said he wasn’t a bad player Rev😂 I have highlighted areas for improvement 👍👍

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Whatever happened to Vinjay? He was always gold on Rovers Messageboards back in the day. Hope he’s well wherever he is 😂

He struggled a little during lockdown - and wouldn’t mind me saying that, most of us did. We keep in touch, he’s OK, still following Rovers. Still hating the JWT!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Nyambe is the one holding himself back. He needs to learn to pass the ball, head the ball and then cross the ball. Add that to learning to shoot at the target, learn his defensive position at corners and to take a proper throw in and we might have a player !

That doesn’t say much about the standard of coaching at the club does it ? All skills that can be worked on.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That doesn’t say much about the standard of coaching at the club does it ? All skills that can be worked on.

I would say that it says everything about the standard of coaching at the club.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nor the fact that he's still our only and best recognized right back.  So currently our best RB cant pass, head or cross but if he goes what where does that leave us?  And don't tell me we can bring someone better in...we've been short of bodies in back ever since TM promised defenders are coming.