BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

5 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

This is an important game for us. It will show if we have the gonads to really kick on and brush these sides out of the way. 
Fulham are showing how to do it. Let’s  hope this is another scalp rather than a banana skin. I think nerves are getting to me. I see second place and I have to blink twice. 

I think tonight is absolutely pivotal. I've little doubt we'd have won this game had it been played when it should have been as we were absolutely flying at that point.

However the last few games for me we've looked very flat and like we're running on fumes. The three points is the main thing but I'd like to see us get back in our stride a bit as well.

Lose tonight and I wouldn't even be too confident of making the play offs with a tough game against Boro coming up.

Hopefully the new bodies in will concentrate minds and give everyone a bit of a lift. Was hoping for a couple more in by now but hopefully they're coming.

(Quicker than defenders back in the day)

COYB.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Has JRC played 90 for the ressies yet?

Shame he won't play I'm keen to see what he can do.

Did you really expect Zeefuik to start given Mowbray pre match thoughts?

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You'd chose Gallagher to hold the ball up? When has he ever shown anything but incompetence at doing that?

Boro one for example as Graham praised him for his hold up and how he played that day.. B

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

You'd have the new lad fighting for the last sub spot?

I'd play him. He should be raring to go. 

Hopefully a win, and Hull turning it around to beat Bournemouth on Saturday.

he would have had 1 training session with the squad. Do you really think he understand how we play and what his role is in team. Give the lad a chance to settle in and understand how the team works. 

Lots to look forward to in this game, rehabbed players coming back, new players coming in, etc. 

I like what the club has done, re: bringing in young talent. I have to feel they are trying hard to get us in a better position to being promoted. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you really expect Zeefuik to start given Mowbray pre match thoughts?

Boro one for example as Graham praised him for his hold up and how he played that day.. B

he would have had 1 training session with the squad. Do you really think he understand how we play and what his role is in team. Give the lad a chance to settle in and understand how the team works. 

I watched the Boro game. Great goal by him, not much hold up though.

57 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Nope, along with a lot of other upcoming games

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/january/16/roverstv-streaming-update/

This is getting annoying. DAZN have the rights here in Germany and they keep showing random matches with Birmingham, Barnsley and Coventry every week. Rovers vs Hull was scheduled but now as its on Sky in the UK it won't be shown on DAZN in Germany! It looks like there's no where that I can watch it in Germany 😞

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Tombola back out (enforced as it may be)

Any one fancy working out that formation?

The obvious back 5, Rothwell and Buckley as a two and Diaz through the middle, khadra left and Gallagher right is my guess. 

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Tombola back out (enforced as it may be)

Any one fancy working out that formation?

I'm expecting (hoping?) there won't actually be that much change, with Buckley playing deeper and Khadra playing as a 10.

Personally I'd have much rather seen Davenport replace Trav, but there we are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

An absolute nonsense. Hull postpone a game due to COVID and in the replay we’re without our first choice central midfielder due to COVID and our first choice wing backs due to injury. The league is a shambles. 

Nyambe is suspended though. Do we know Travis is out with COVID? Bad news if so.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

The obvious back 5, Rothwell and Buckley as a two and Diaz through the middle, khadra left and Gallagher right is my guess. 

I agree with your thoughts. I think this is last chance saloon, for JRC to prove he can play at right wing-back. I hope that he does, and he causes Hull plenty of problems.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d have put Davenport in for Travis in and left that part of the team as it was. I’d have given some thought to leaving Lenihan at right back and bringing Ayala in.

Me too. I think he'd be well up for a battle versus Smallwood.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d have put Davenport in for Travis in and left that part of the team as it was. I’d have given some thought to leaving Lenihan at right back and bringing Ayala in.

Definitely agree with the first bit - wouldn't change the back three under any circumstances if they're fit to play. 

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

That team looks unbalanced to me. I would of gone with a straight swap of davenport for Travis.

Yep.

Midfield looks very weak. That's where I'd be looking to strengthen in the remainder of this window along with extra firepower up front.

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

hav`nt got a clue who`s going to be holding the midfield tbh and im`e not a fan of jrc at wing back/full back,looks an unbalanced side to me,davenport to replace travis would have been the logical choice,he must be p*****d off getting overlooked every week,on the rare time he does get a start he does ok imo

Think this is the clearest sign that we're going to see that he's going to be leaving after this season. Real shame. 

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Nyambe is suspended though. Do we know Travis is out with COVID? Bad news if so.

Irrelevant really - he wasn’t suspect on the 26th December. Yes Trav has COVID. 

• Like 2