BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

5 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm expecting (hoping?) there won't actually be that much change, with Buckley playing deeper and Khadra playing as a 10.

Personally I'd have much rather seen Davenport replace Trav, but there we are. 

I agree about Davenport - especially as we have two wing backs more suited to going forward than defending.

• Like 1

It's an attacking move and an opportunity for Buckley to showcase his prowess in the middle - it may be where he plays regularly for us soon with Dack due to return. Gallagher has had a decent enough season and offers support to the returning JRC, who could do with having a good game for me as I am yet to be convinced there's much to him. I'm positive we'll get the result we need here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Davenport has never had a chance here. Weird really given Mowbray signed him and didn't inherit him.

Agree - the one thing that you'd say I suppose is that his injury problems were genuinely horrendous. I don't blame Mowbray for bringing in players who he could rely upon in the short term, but he's been fit for a year or two now. He should've had a run last year in my view, especially in that awful run after Christmas.

I know others on here disagree, but I think the 'Mowbray has been unfair to Nyambe/Rothwell and that's why they're leaving' is a total red herring. Davenport on the other hand has every right to feel aggrieved.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think tonight is absolutely pivotal. I've little doubt we'd have won this game had it been played when it should have been as we were absolutely flying at that point.

However the last few games for me we've looked very flat and like we're running on fumes. The three points is the main thing but I'd like to see us get back in our stride a bit as well.

Lose tonight and I wouldn't even be too confident of making the play offs with a tough game against Boro coming up.

Hopefully the new bodies in will concentrate minds and give everyone a bit of a lift. Was hoping for a couple more in by now but hopefully they're coming.

(Quicker than defenders back in the day)

COYB.

You were hoping for a couple more in by now? We have recruited 3 new players and it's only halfway through January. This is already the most active Jan window I can remember in years. Normally it takes us until the last week to get anyone through the door. Sometimes the last day. Sometimes not at all.

Agree with the rest of your post, but if anything I'm surprised we have players in already at all.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

You were hoping for a couple more in by now? We have recruited 3 new players and it's only halfway through January. This is already the most active Jan window I can remember in years. Normally it takes us until the last week to get anyone through the door. Sometimes the last day. Sometimes not at all.

Agree with the rest of your post, but if anything I'm surprised we have players in already at all.

They are all inexperienced.  I'd like an older head in there....someone mentioned Harrison Read....wouldn't mind him back on loan.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I remember the days of people awaiting any transfer news from Niko like he was dealing meth.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They are all inexperienced.  I'd like an older head in there....someone mentioned Harrison Read....wouldn't mind him back on loan.

No, one of them is inexperienced. Another is inexperienced at a decent level. The other has played in two of Europe's top flights.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I don't see how Hull being taken over, makes their players better than ours.

It doesn't. But it will give them a boost. Sometimes the match is won in the mind, rather than on who is the better team. I've seen many better teams lose games.