BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Boo's do not help the team. They are futile. It just adds pressure and worry. Moan here, support in the stands, that's the way I see it.

But they will happen they always have in every sport and always will.  You need to be mentallt tough in any sport, FACT asking people especially thousands to not vent their frustration/anger etc is futile.  Your viewpoint is completely unrealistic, unachievable and so is pointless, making JRC mentally tougher seems a much more realistic goal. 

Go into your club and ask the managers/coaches if players should be mentally strong enough to deal with a few BOOs???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

making JRC mentally tougher seems a much more realistic goal. 

Sure, let's just boo them. 3rd in the league, fantastic season so far, let's actively choose to boo them. It'll work that. It'll help them...

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Why is Nyambe out - two yellows one match ban ? Diaz in an Oxygen tank ?

Yep to acclimatise to the match in Chile. It’s the reason he can’t play against Boro. That and Sky moving the match. Had it been Saturday he could have played.

I thought Nyambe was out for more than one match.

I’ve just remembered that we had a bloody full days rest on that lot too, which makes tonight’s performance even more galling.

I’m just praying Trav or Davenport are in on Monday as tonight was a suicidal line-up from Mowbray. Shades of the old Rovers which slightly reared its head at Wigan (and I’d naively hoped were behind us!).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

This is exactly what I can't understand. Davenport must be wondering what he has to do. He must be abysmal in training! 

Yes Davenport was by far and away our best midfielder earlier in the season at Stoke?. Called it on here that he would be the first out for some reason the next match. And oh yes he's hardly kicked a ball for us since. Was the obvious replacement tonight for Travis but no Gallagher has to be shoehorned in meaning Buckley not deployed where he has been excelling with the offshoot of Rothwell being so ineffective tonight. Why is he not getting game time (Davenport) when it's crying out for him? Beggars belief

• Like 6

Another awful display by the officials. Have they got so much worse, or is it just that it matters more now? Bit of both I reckon.

Bringing Gallagher in instead of Davenport was a predictably bad decision. I actually think Gallagher has some value to us, but not in that role.

Travis and Nyambe have come in for varying levels of stick on here lately. Some reassessments needed. Both were sorely missed.

Brereton was always going to hit a barren patch, hopefully a trip to Chile helps him get over it. Big questions over who can step up to the plate.

It’s blindingly obvious we need to keep as close to our first 11 as possible. Enforced changes we will have to live with, but altering players for no reason, or the system at all will lead to disaster. That said, I think the stick Edun seems to be getting tonight is odd, thought he did pretty well.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Sure, let's just boo them. 3rd in the league, fantastic season so far, let's actively choose to boo them. It'll work that. It'll help them...

Do we know for sure that they were booing the players and not the ref?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, den said:

There can be no doubt that Hull deserved that win, can there?

Not for me, there can’t. 

Yes I doubt it entirely. 2 penalties we should have had, a red card for them, second goal was BS.

I think the fact we were heavily fancied for this match and didn't give our best performance at all has coloured some people's views of the match. We were worth a draw tonight on balance of play, and but for terrible refereeing decisions could have won. Perhaps comfortably (how different is the game with us equalising and them with 10?)

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

That said, I think the stick Edun seems to be getting tonight is odd, thought he did pretty well.

He gave the ball away countless times in the first half, and a fair few times in the second half too. A couple of times in very dangerous positions which would have really cost us if we were playing a decent team. 

Second half he was a decent attacking outlet, but overall his performance reminded me of Bell. Struggled to defend, struggled to pass but looked useful going forward without actually achieving anything.

• Like 3

First off the ref was abysmal.  Hull's first goal was questionable.  It was clearly over the line, but prior to that, it appeared to go over the end line before being crossed.  BBD was brought down for a stonewall pen.  Not given.  Hull's 2nd goal was a farce.  McGloughlin lined up Kaminski and plowed into him.  Not even debatable.  Clear foul.

All that said, Rovers were awful and I think TM deserves a lot of blame.  I like that he stuck with the current formation, but the players seemed lost by moving the guys into different positions.  Khadra should have started up top alongside BBD.  Gallagher to the bench.  Buckley should have been in his normal role as well.  Davenport or Johnson (I don't rate Johnson as I feel his legs have gone) should have started for Travis.  I feel like TM disrupted the team by putting guys in roles they haven't played in months.  JRC was a weak spot too, but the new RWBs weren't ready yet.  

Awful match.  Awful lineup. Awful ref.  Bounce back against Boro and Rovers will be fine.   

Edited by USA Rover
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Yes. Why has my post been deleted?

You’re much more perceptive than I gave you credit for, if you know that for sure! 
Because it quoted a post I’d hidden?

Everything's pretty clear now for me.

1) If we're to have any chance of the play offs TM has to stick with what has worked well for us this season and not get too cute.  If someone is missing replace like for like but otherwise keep changes to a minimum I.e. Davenport for Travis was all that was required tonight.

2) JRC , Johnson and Gallagher (especially) must never ever feature again.

Then, we might have a chance.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, booth said:

I can’t see us getting anything out of the next two. Today was the 3 points we needed to make up for the upcoming difficult run of games and missing players.

No Brereton, no fullbacks, Mowbray not knowing what to do about it.

Oh well it was a nice dream while it lasted.

We can catch anyone on the break but we have to be a lot more presise than in our last two matches. We still defend well, but Edun and JRC aren't of the same quality as Rhino and Pickering. Tony should consider playing Lenihan at right back and put Ayala back in the side. We need his experience now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

But they only won because of a totally inept referee. Penalty - potentially 1-1 - and down to 10 men - would have been a totally different match. Lets not forget - this was also at a time when our game was starting to come together and we had the ascendancy. Goals and refereeing decisions change the flow of matches - the idiots at Sky seem to ignore that.

This ignores the fact that we didn't play well except for the 1st 8 minutes of the 2nd half. That formation was never going to win any game. 

We made a poor side look very good. 

We haven't played well since the 1st half of the Barnsley (& poss Huddersfield) game. Its been coming, but replacing Travis with Buckley and starting our £6m wing wizard just gifted Hull the points. 

I blame nothing else. We hoped and prayed this wouldn't happen, but it has...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We can catch anyone on the break but we have to be a lot more presise than in our last two matches. We still defend well, but Edun and JRC aren't of the same quality as Rhino and Pickering. Tony should consider playing Lenihan at right back and put Ayala back in the side. We need his experience now.

I’ve no idea why he didn’t do that. Lenihan looked comfortable the other day.

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Several posts being hidden here with absolutely zero rule breaks. Another poster talked about someone in the stands and things he shouted about Sam Gallagher, why is that gone?

It’s not for you to decide what breaks the rules, you aren’t a mod.

That went because it could potentially have caused a load of hassle if the poster was on here and decided to bite back.

• Like 1