BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (h) 02/01/22

2 minutes ago, booth said:

We need 6 points from Cardiff and Luton, I looked at anything else this month as a bonus.

You wouldn't have been highly disappointed to lose at home to a team below us, and a playoff rival to boot, on the back of a great run of form? I would. But a draw is fine. Got to be getting something from Boro too for me, we are at home.

5 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Point gained in the end there.I think today showed some players need a rest for the cup game,lot more important games coming up so i'd play the u23's agaist Wigan and let the first team have a weeks rest.Also i hope not investing 2 million on a new pitch doesnt end up costing Venkys 180 million in messing up our promotion chances.

Fuck what it costs Venkys though, it's what it costs us 😞 Get what you're driving at though.

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

I mean this is just disgusting 

That's an awful challenge. Behind, high,  nowhere near the ball. Similar to the  Cardiff red card last week. VAR would have upgraded that to red surely.

Edited by Hannoverover

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You wouldn't have been highly disappointed to lose at home to a team below us, and a playoff rival to boot, on the back of a great run of form? I would. But a draw is fine. Got to be getting something from Boro too for me, we are at home.

I was disappointed we couldn't get a win, expected a draw and a loss would have been a kick in the nuts.

But it was a game I thought Huddersfield could have nicked, going off their present form. There's only four teams providing any consistency at the moment and Huddersfield seem to be one of them.

Should have been a red for their lad though.

Looking at this in a positive frame of mind, we are still 6 above what could be deemed a play off rival, who are sixth. We have a game in hand and a better goal difference. They came to Ewood on the back of 3 wins, so like  us, are in decent form.

It goes without saying, a win would have been wonderful, but it was important not to lose, given the opposition.

We are still in with a great chance of the top two, so all still to play for.

So far as the game was concerned, hard after the first 25 minutes, but an awful pitch given the rain. Very solid at the back again, all hard working and yet another clean sheet.

With a two week break from league action, we can rally the groups. To me now, it’s a case of one game at a time, with fingers crossed, we don’t sell anyone. 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

That's an awful challenge. Behind, high,  nowhere near the ball. Similar to the  Cardiff red card last week. VAR would have upgraded that to red surely.

And the only punishment will be for Rovers for showing the replay on the big screen 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

Looking at this in a positive frame of mind, we are still 6 above what could be deemed a play off rival, who are sixth. We have a game in hand and a better goal difference. They came to Ewood on the back of 3 wins, so like  us, are in decent form.

It goes without saying, a win would have been wonderful, but it was important not to lose, given the opposition.

We are still in with a great chance of the top two, so all still to play for.

So far as the game was concerned, hard after the first 25 minutes, but an awful pitch given the rain. Very solid at the back again, all hard working and yet another clean sheet.

With a two week break from league action, we can rally the groups. To me now, it’s a case of one game at a time, with fingers crossed, we don’t sell anyone. 

We ve 21 games to play yet ..you re talking like were down to the last 6..!!

Long way to go with many a twist n turn ..

• Like 1

Other teams will know our strengths now, after a sudden formation shift after the Fulham defeat, so Rovers players are going to have to up their game yet further- and Mowbray's going to up his game. It looks like nearly everyone plays 3-5-2 of some form. If Gallagher is going to come on, he needs to play centrally. It has worked this season, as a traditional centre forward.

3 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

We ve 21 games to play yet ..you re talking like were down to the last 6..!!

Long way to go with many a twist n turn ..

Not at all, I am trying to put over, how great it is to be able to look forward to each game. It’s as positive as we have been for over 11 years.

• Like 1

The run had to come to an end at some stage and that wasn't a bad end ,considering Huddersfields position,  clean sheet. 

Hopefully that can give us a kick to go on another run. If we do it won't be a bad point. 

Looking forward to the day Dack comes on as a 60min sub , was crying out for that today .

Nyambe is getting into lots of good positions but my heart sinks when I see its him with the opportunity.  If someone with a better end product got in those positions it would make a big difference. 

I'm not knocking Nyambe he's good at what he does  but an end product would be the cherry on top. Or a player that has one JRC ....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Poor gate at just over 16,300.  

But a decent point.  We can’t win them all and we can’t perform every week.   Our CEO should be disgusted with the pitch.

Poor gate? How often have we got over 15k since the prem without ticketing initiatives? Not to mention COVID and £30 tickets. 

• Like 5