BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'd much rather go to Ewood park watching my team play against the likes of De Bruyne and Salah 

Wouldn't they both be on Harry Pickering's side of the pitch. 😱😱

Not sure you'd enjoy it quite as much as you think. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Wouldn't they both be on Harry Pickering's side of the pitch. 😱😱

Not sure you'd enjoy it quite as much as you think. 

If we were a Premier League club would Pickering be first choice left back?Who knows  

I'd rather a relegation battle in the top league than finishing 10th-15th in the Championship which has been our norm for ten years.

Rover through and through but I'm also a football fan and id much rather going to Ewood Park as a Premier League watching some of the best players in the world on a weekly basis.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we were a Premier League club would Pickering be first choice left back?Who knows  

I'd rather a relegation battle in the top league than finishing 10th-15th in the Championship which has been our norm for ten years.

Rover through and through but I'm also a football fan and id much rather going to Ewood Park as a Premier League watching some of the best players in the world on a weekly basis.

To be fair I said a good team. Ie a team that wins most weeks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be fair I said a good team. Ie a team that wins most weeks. 

If you win most weeks most likely you would be promoted to the Premier league anyway.

Would you rather us go  to league one as we won most weeks when in that division?

The Premier League is the place to be 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If you win most weeks most likely you would be promoted to the Premier league anyway.

Would you rather us go  to league one as we won most weeks when in that division?

The Premier League is the place to be 

I know for sure that I don’t want to be getting twatted 4-0 every week in the Premier League knowing that because of our ownership not spending as much as Russian Oligarchs or The Saudi Government, sports-washing for political gain, we will never achieve anything higher than 10th. 

31 minutes ago, J*B said:

I know for sure that I don’t want to be getting twatted 4-0 every week in the Premier League knowing that because of our ownership not spending as much as Russian Oligarchs or The Saudi Government, sports-washing for political gain, we will never achieve anything higher than 10th. 

You can't say we will never achieve anything higher than 10th.

3 or 4 seasons ago West ham were flirting with relegation last 2 seasons been challenging for and made the Europa League.

Leicester went from a championship side to surviving a relegation battle to league champions.

As previously mentioned Burnley qualified for Europe.

Only chance we ever have of these con artists selling up is by being a premier league club.They will not walk away or sell at the level of debt owed to them ,it will just be further downsizing were costs become manageable.

Going off your thinking you should want us back in league one where we won more often than not.

By your thinking you must be happy we have fallen out of the playoffs?If you wouldn't be happy with us back in the premier league.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

You can't say we will never achieve anything higher than 10th.

3 or 4 seasons ago West ham were flirting with relegation last 2 seasons been challenging for and made the Europa League.

Leicester went from a championship side to surviving a relegation battle to league champions.

As previously mentioned Burnley qualified for Europe.

Only chance we ever have of these con artists selling up is by being a premier league club.They will not walk away or sell at the level of debt owed to them ,it will just be further downsizing were costs become manageable.

Going off your thinking you should want us back in league one where we won more often than not.

By your thinking you must be happy we have fallen out of the playoffs?If you wouldn't be happy with us back in the premier league.

West Ham are owned (or at least funded) by a man worth nearly 6 billion USD. I don’t know how much Venkys are worth - nobody seems to - but one thing is for sure they don’t put money in like (potentially the funniest name in football) Kretinsky. 

Leicester’s owner is worth 3 billion USD and again funds the club like money doesn’t matter. 

Burnley qualified for Europe and it very nearly relegated them because they couldn’t compete in so many competitions because they couldn’t afford to buy the amount of quality players needed. 

Of course I’m not happy we’ve fallen out of the playoffs and of course I’d rather not be in League zone - although I LOVED) being the best team in the league. And yes I agree it would be financially extremely good news for the club to get promoted. But that doesn’t change the reality - apart from a spectacular one off event, Rovers (and Burnley) will never compete in the top half of the Premier League again. Unless of course a Super League is created and all the top clubs leave. It’s just not financially possible without a local multi billionaire that truly loves the club. Unfortunately, the EG boys don’t really like football and if they had to pick, they are United fans… 

And in reality, what do we really want? Get promoted, Venkys sell up, some Middle Eastern investment group use Rovers as a vehicle for sports washing to try and advertise Saudi Arabia to the masses as a luxury heaven, when in reality they’re killing people because of their sexual preferences and restricting womens rights? Honestly, I’d rather be League One Blackburn Rovers, owned by the fans, challenging at the top of the league, developing our own young players to be sold on, investing in the local area and giving an opportunity for work, hope and inspiration to the Town. 

I haven’t yet seen a season since we where relegated where we looked like a Championship promotion winning side. Without saying I told you so, this season has been one of the most frustrating in a long time because I could see this shambles coming weeks… no, months, ago. We’re not going up because the club doesn’t behave like a promotion winning club. And that’s not going to change whilst Venkys are here because they don’t know what they’re doing and/or don’t care. So as far as I’m concerned… admin doesn’t sound too shabby at all. We’ll get relegated. We’ll lose our training ground. The ground is worthless. Then we can start again. Someone will buy us. And at this stage, that feels inevitable. So bring it on. It will give us something to rally around, rather than a hugely fractured fan base where 50% of the support don’t know any better and 50% are pulling their hair out because they do know better, an ownership that have no idea what to do to turn it around and a management team that are happy to bumble long making no progress, treading water on a slow but inevitable scaling back operation. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

West Ham are owned (or at least funded) by a man worth nearly 6 billion USD. I don’t know how much Venkys are worth - nobody seems to - but one thing is for sure they don’t put money in like (potentially the funniest name in football) Kretinsky. 

Leicester’s owner is worth 3 billion USD and again funds the club like money doesn’t matter. 

Burnley qualified for Europe and it very nearly relegated them because they couldn’t compete in so many competitions because they couldn’t afford to buy the amount of quality players needed. 

Of course I’m not happy we’ve fallen out of the playoffs and of course I’d rather not be in League zone - although I LOVED) being the best team in the league. And yes I agree it would be financially extremely good news for the club to get promoted. But that doesn’t change the reality - apart from a spectacular one off event, Rovers (and Burnley) will never compete in the top half of the Premier League again. Unless of course a Super League is created and all the top clubs leave. It’s just not financially possible without a local multi billionaire that truly loves the club. Unfortunately, the EG boys don’t really like football and if they had to pick, they are United fans… 

And in reality, what do we really want? Get promoted, Venkys sell up, some Middle Eastern investment group use Rovers as a vehicle for sports washing to try and advertise Saudi Arabia to the masses as a luxury heaven, when in reality they’re killing people because of their sexual preferences and restricting womens rights? Honestly, I’d rather be League One Blackburn Rovers, owned by the fans, challenging at the top of the league, developing our own young players to be sold on, investing in the local area and giving an opportunity for work, hope and inspiration to the Town. 

All I know is either of those is better than this 

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I haven’t yet seen a season since we where relegated where we looked like a Championship promotion winning side. Without saying I told you so, this season has been one of the most frustrating in a long time because I could see this shambles coming weeks… no, months, ago. We’re not going up because the club doesn’t behave like a promotion winning club. And that’s not going to change whilst Venkys are here because they don’t know what they’re doing and/or don’t care. So as far as I’m concerned… admin doesn’t sound too shabby at all. We’ll get relegated. We’ll lose our training ground. The ground is worthless. Then we can start again. Someone will buy us. And at this stage, that feels inevitable. So bring it on. It will give us something to rally around, rather than a hugely fractured fan base where 50% of the support don’t know any better and 50% are pulling their hair out because they do know better, an ownership that have no idea what to do to turn it around and a management team that are happy to bumble long making no progress, treading water on a slow but inevitable scaling back operation. 

Kretinsky only bought into West Ham this season.

Each to their own but I want us back in the top table not in the the Championship or league one.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve spent most of the past decade in the bottom half of the Championship, before this season we’ve not had a sniff of success even at this level, in front of often a two thirds empty and rotting Ewood, we sold our lowest numbers of STs for over 30 years last summer, we’ve witnessed all manner of journeyman players and managers come and go, the club has visibility shrunk on and off the pitch and is now a mere shell.

It frankly, has been a load of old shite, so to have our fans wanting more of this brain dead existence, just because we might get a beating at Man City (let’s get spanked 7-0 at home by the mighty Fulham instead), just seems a ridiculous lack of ambition for Blackburn Rovers.

Sport is about striving to be the best you can, otherwise you might as well fold the club, so in what possible way is the Burnley experience of the past 5/6 years not preferable to this never ending stasis?

Well said that man!

• Like 1

I'm not surprised he has been sack but its the timing of the decision and the fact they played on Sunday. So why not sack earlier in the week? 

Its appears that the new manager will have 7 games to keep them up but its shows that the owners are in full panic mode and really worried about the financial impact of relegation. 

They must be in advance talks with someone given they have sacked the entire Dyche coaching staff. Who will appoint will be interesting? Also wonder what role Mike Rigg is playing in this and does he have an influence in bringing in a new manager?