BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

57 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I can’t comment on the veracity of this however the stand is split these days. Usually the allocation is around 2200 I believe and I’m not aware anyone who wanted that many hasn’t been given them. It isn’t something I follow closely. I know Blackpool had around 2200.

Don’t know why I was told that then especially from a reliable source

31 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Don’t know why I was told that then especially from a reliable source

I honestly think Birdy has conflated the Luton match with Burnley. I have been reliably informed that there will be around 900 tickets available for Luton and the first phase will be allocated to season ticket holders who have joined 1875 with a certain number of away matches. I really don't think any allocations for Burnley will have been discussed yet given that it's two and a half months away.

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I honestly think Birdy has conflated the Luton match with Burnley. I have been reliably informed that there will be around 900 tickets available for Luton and the first phase will be allocated to season ticket holders who have joined 1875 with a certain number of away matches. I really don't think any allocations for Burnley will have been discussed yet given that it's two and a half months away.

Maybe . Sorry if I panicked anyone 😅

• Like 3

On 03/09/2022 at 21:15, arbitro said:

Luton tickets on sale today without the x amount of away game restrictions.

It will probably sell out but can't see it being as popular as last season, especially as there is now a train strike on this date.

I imagine Burnley will be around 2k, think it will be a few hundred less due to segregation as looking at there blackpool highlights the fans seemed really close together!

Probably ST, 1875, and maybe 2/3 aways for that one considering we have had Blackpool and Wigan fairly early.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

surely it would easier for security and the police to give us the whole of the decrepit cricket field stand,it`s going to kick off big style otherwise,plenty of idiots on both sides

We've been in the same stand before?

It never kicked off big style though really. The segregating door got booted through one year but even then it was just booze getting thrown at each other, much like at Blackpool last week.

You don't really see widespread disorder in football grounds these days, just a lot of shouting and gesticulating.

But yes you're right it would probably just be easier to give us the whole stand.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley face a EFL investigation into their ownership claims that the club's American ownership are not actually in charge... with a financial institution based in Jersey said to be the real owners https://mol.im/a/11195101 via https://dailym.ai/android

Wow. If, and it’s a big if, they find that this is the case, it’s another example of the complete and utter sham that is the fit and proper persons test.

If there is any doubt whatsoever, and there clearly is considering the investigations are ongoing, it shows that the Premier League have completely failed to perform appropriate checks and due diligence.

I hope one day a Trust takes legal action against one of the pathetic governing bodies on behalf of the fanbase.

• Like 2

Fit and proper - lol. The authorities neither care nor are they capable of designing and applying an ownership test that will protect what are in reality valuable community assets. Then again the government refuse to pass legislation that effectively reveals the real owners of businesses in general so I guess hoping for the PL/EFL to do so is probably a little naive.

Even if this proves to be nothing ultimately this ownership can’t be a positive for us and our only hope would be a local boy done good (such as Matt Moulding, who I think is a declared Man U fan) buying us and that doesn’t seem that likely.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Fit and proper - lol. The authorities neither care nor are they capable of designing and applying an ownership test that will protect what are in reality valuable community assets. Then again the government refuse to pass legislation that effectively reveals the real owners of businesses in general so I guess hoping for the PL/EFL to do so is probably a little naive.

Even if this proves to be nothing ultimately this ownership can’t be a positive for us and our only hope would be a local boy done good (such as Matt Moulding, who I think is a declared Man U fan) buying us and that doesn’t seem that likely.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It would have been all ok if you had been bought by a country who spend billions on British weapons to kill thousands of Yemeni women and children, openly murder journalists, execute without appeal the numerous found guilty in kangaroo courts, ........ the list goes on.

Burnley appear not to have met PL and EFL standards.

Indeed, organisations that feel like they have as many integrity issues as the afore mentioned regimes, Johnson and Trump combined.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Wow. If, and it’s a big if, they find that this is the case, it’s another example of the complete and utter sham that is the fit and proper persons test.

If there is any doubt whatsoever, and there clearly is considering the investigations are ongoing, it shows that the Premier League have completely failed to perform appropriate checks and due diligence.

I hope one day a Trust takes legal action against one of the pathetic governing bodies on behalf of the fanbase.

I'm not sure if the Premier League board, EFL or FA have the necessary legal authority to do proper and lengthy searches into people and follow the money trail. Maybe we need new law on footballing ownership from the government. 

9 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

What do you think of the current ownership and what do the dingles fan base think of them? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure if the Premier League board, EFL or FA have the necessary legal authority to do proper and lengthy searches into people and follow the money trail. Maybe we need new law on footballing ownership from the government. 

What do you think of the current ownership and what do the dingles fan base think of them? 

I have no issue currently with the owners - assuming they are who we believe. - and right now I think most fans are feeling positive after a summer over haul and a new style of play. The issue for me is how they’ve bought the club, the highly leveraged nature of it. We still have a debt of around 92 million (about 32 to MSD and  60 to the previous owners). That money will come from the clubs income. If we don’t go up by end of next season there are issues. The positive might be any debt still owed at that point would be to the previous owners rather than Dell - I imagine another chunk of that will be due summer if we don’t go up and the rest the following summer if we still don’t go up. Personally I don’t see how it ends well other than a stay in the PL - and that looks unlikely to me.

I’ll also take the article with some caution. This journo has history, clearly has beef with us and can’t provide a single tangible source in the EFL or PL who he claims started an investigation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It would have been all ok if you had been bought by a country who spend billions on British weapons to kill thousands of Yemeni women and children, openly murder journalists, execute without appeal the numerous found guilty in kangaroo courts, ........ the list goes on.

Burnley appear not to have met PL and EFL standards.

This X 1000

• J*B changed the title to The Dingles.