BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

It's bound to be a source of amusement to supporters of clubs who find huge crowds easy to come by constantly seeing the attempted Burnley willy waving.   Fans of bigger clubs tend to have real difficulty understanding the logic of demographics and geography.

Burnley fans have difficultly understanding the term 'catchment areas' also but it was ever thus.

Point is the real harcores of Rovers, Burnley, Preston has always been very very similar as is the upper limit to what we can all achieve given any success.

Be careful, you are close to resurrecting Theno’s Lancashire United here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Be careful, you are close to resurrecting Theno’s Lancashire United here.

You don't want to go down that rabbit hole. It was a bad idea in the 1960s and it's a bad idea now. It would never work. 

We're lucky to live in an area where, because of football history, there are so many football league clubs. 

• Like 3

The Rovers twitter posts just get bombarded with fans of other clubs at the moment. 

Dingles have been constant for most of the season. Coventry have been all over them recently, sheff Utd were too as well as Huddersfield. 

It's mental but it just really puts me off football fans in general. Can't they all just fuck off back to their own clubs social media?

• Like 7

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

From my experience both sets of fans are obsessed with each other and always have been.

Main difference has always been and still is the 6 fingered lots morbid hysteria over Rovers crowds and away followings completely in ignorance at some of their own down the years.

As my Geordie supporting mate said listening to Burnley and Rovers argue over attendances is like two bald men fighting over a comb.  They have an attitude of Leeds Utd fans but have more in common size wise with Barnsley.

Typical arrogance of Newcastle fans. They've won eff all for 60 years. They are situated In a region where there's only two significant clubs. Had they Been in our region they wouldn't get anywhere near as many fans

• Like 7

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

The Rovers twitter posts just get bombarded with fans of other clubs at the moment. 

Dingles have been constant for most of the season. Coventry have been all over them recently, sheff Utd were too as well as Huddersfield. 

Coventry fans were a menace on this site both times after we were relegated from the Premier League. I don't know what it is about them - they seem to dislike us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Typical arrogance of Newcastle fans. They've won eff all for 60 years. They are situated In a region where there's only two significant clubs. Had they Been in our region they wouldn't get anywhere near as many fans

sunderland fans are even worse,they think they should have instant success because they get 30000+ crowds every home game,go on a losing streak and they demand a new manager

• Like 2

Burnley have typically come unstuck against teams that play less football and aren't scared about staying defensively resolute for long periods. 

That isn't us - we'll just have to pray they don't turn up and I just don't see it. Even my heart says 2-0 Dingles, title goes to them and our play-off bid again finishes in an utter shambles. 

• Like 1

Apologies for the link to this absolute rag, but here goes…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12003345/amp/Burnley-investigation-EFL-potential-match-fixing-draw-Reading.html

They’ve definitely been playing a weakened side. Points deduction or fine won’t make a blind bit of difference unless it’s an enormously disproportionate one that stops them getting promoted… be much better to ban their entire squad for their next game! A cynic might think they were deliberately dropping points so they could win the league at Ewood. 

38 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12003345/amp/Burnley-investigation-EFL-potential-match-fixing-draw-Reading.html

They’ve definitely been playing a weakened side. Points deduction or fine won’t make a blind bit of difference unless it’s an enormously disproportionate one that stops them getting promoted… be much better to ban their entire squad for their next game! A cynic might think they were deliberately dropping points so they could win the league at Ewood. 

My suspicion is they set it up to win the title at Ewood, arrogant tossers, that would be a bitter pill to swallow.  Longers over to you what's your opinion anything look odd against QPR?

• Like 1

All the more motivation for us. I don't think there's a professional football player alive that would enjoy seeing a local rival lifting any form of trophy on their home ground. That goes for those from and outside the area in question.

If we can't put up a fight in such circumstances then we need our heads read.

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Huddersfield complaining about a club fielding a weakened team towards seasons end.....no fecking self awareness at that shithole club.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Whilst it feels set to happen there’s no chance I actually believe they would intentionally put off winning the league to spite us

The fans may hate us but the owners and playing staff aren’t going to be bothered and would rather have it wrapped up, just head on beach a little in last couple 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

My suspicion is they set it up to win the title at Ewood, arrogant tossers, that would be a bitter pill to swallow.  Longers over to you what's your opinion anything look odd against QPR?

QPR was our strongest 11 bar Tella who is injured. Absolutely battered them first half but somehow didn’t score. Second they Nick a goal, time waste even more cynically, we go almost 2 - 4 - 4, all out attack, score but don’t then adjust and they Nick a second. Previous 2 weren’t so much intentionally weakened but were used to look at the squad and rotate. IF the EFL investigated nothing would come of it - otherwise why are we allowed a squad 🤷‍♂️

Personally think it’s a mistake to go into Tuesdays game under pressure especially when you have so much to play for but I understand Kompany’s logic about preparing for next season.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Huddersfield complaining about a club fielding a weakened team towards seasons end.....no fecking self awareness at that shithole club.

Fuck me, pot and kettle. That twat Wagner and Huddersfield got us relegated when they made 10 changes against Big club, having already secured their play off spot.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Whilst it feels set to happen there’s no chance I actually believe they would intentionally put off winning the league to spite us

The fans may hate us but the owners and playing staff aren’t going to be bothered and would rather have it wrapped up, just head on beach a little in last couple 

I agree, they would have wanted to win it at Turd in front of a full house of inbreds. The players don’t really care about putting one over Rovers and hopefully, our chances are better with their crowd restricted.

16 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

QPR was our strongest 11 bar Tella who is injured. Absolutely battered them first half but somehow didn’t score. Second they Nick a goal, time waste even more cynically, we go almost 2 - 4 - 4, all out attack, score but don’t then adjust and they Nick a second. Previous 2 weren’t so much intentionally weakened but were used to look at the squad and rotate. IF the EFL investigated nothing would come of it - otherwise why are we allowed a squad 🤷‍♂️

Personally think it’s a mistake to go into Tuesdays game under pressure especially when you have so much to play for but I understand Kompany’s logic about preparing for next season.

What pressure, your job is already done. There is only one team under pressure going into Tuesday’s fixture, especially given the last two results and our playing hopes hanging by a thread.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tom said:

They have played two games since then too. Yesterday they were pretty much up to full strength and lost.

Anybody who thinks it doesn't matter to the Burnley players needs to give their head a big wobble and go and rewatch the game at theirs.

Listen to their manager and chairmans comments as well as one or two players including that big dolloper Barnes.

They know, they've been on the beach recently but they'll be bang up for this we need to set about them and get a goal up.  

AND if we happen to be winning or drawing this with 10 mins to go LEAVE THE ###### TEAM ALONE, trust them to see it out.

• Like 1