BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Can someone please help Longers reset his password?

Sympathetic Claret has gone quiet too.

Meanwhile Swag is dusting off his 1875 club proposition. Sadly I will probably end up getting it too because I can't be arsed with the rigmarole of getting a ticket without last time round 🥲

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

They are already talking about the Ewood ticket allocation next season! 

Plus asking if they will be the biggest club in the league! 

On relegation day. 

I can answer that for them - no.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

On relegation day. 

They would struggle to be the biggest club in league 2

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

On relegation day. 

very doubtful we`ll get the whole cricket field shed,thus they can **** off and have a quarter of the darwen end

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Meanwhile Swag is dusting off his 1875 club proposition. Sadly I will probably end up getting it too because I can't be arsed with the rigmarole of getting a ticket without last time round 🥲

No, I'm still here , one or two personal matters with which you won't wish to concern yourselves ...

Congratulations on staying up, it was looking dodgy for about 10 minutes on the final day for you .. I and I suspect many other Clarets had resigned ourselves to relegation some months ago. Not sure that Vincent knew his best team, and his blinkered refusal to drop Trafford for Muric certainly played a part. If our Chairman is to be believed, last season's promotion was unexpected, and two years ahead of " the plan ". We certainly have a large young squad, who I suspect will be better for a year's experience and will need to be culled somewhat, or loaned out. The vast majority of our players have " relegation clauses ", so hopefully the financial effects shouldn't be too severe ... On the positive side for both sets of fans, the 105th & 106th " renewals " of the derby will be eagerly awaited !

Will your owners be able to resist bids for Sammie Szmodics ? Did Mr Broughton see next years proposed budget and think " F**k that for a game of soldiers ! " Can Brockhall unearth another " gem " ? 

The very best of Summers to one and all !! 😁

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

No, I'm still here , one or two personal matters with which you won't wish to concern yourselves ...

Congratulations on staying up, it was looking dodgy for about 10 minutes on the final day for you .. I and I suspect many other Clarets had resigned ourselves to relegation some months ago. Not sure that Vincent knew his best team, and his blinkered refusal to drop Trafford for Muric certainly played a part. If our Chairman is to be believed, last season's promotion was unexpected, and two years ahead of " the plan ". We certainly have a large young squad, who I suspect will be better for a year's experience and will need to be culled somewhat, or loaned out. The vast majority of our players have " relegation clauses ", so hopefully the financial effects shouldn't be too severe ... On the positive side for both sets of fans, the 105th & 106th " renewals " of the derby will be eagerly awaited !

Will your owners be able to resist bids for Sammie Szmodics ? Did Mr Broughton see next years proposed budget and think " F**k that for a game of soldiers ! " Can Brockhall unearth another " gem " ? 

The very best of Summers to one and all !! 😁

I think you've every reason to look forward to playing us next season!

• Like 2

Doubt he'll restrict them this season the clown will be rolling out the red carpet, same for Bolton if they get up.

That's probably 9 points we'll chuck away at Ewood already although i think Eustace will have more appreciation and understanding of derbies than JDT.

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Can someone please help Longers reset his password?

12 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Haha - as you know I’ve not been coming on much. This relegation has been so long coming that I was over it before it was confirmed really. A disappointing season all round. Complete lack of experience and it showed. We looked improved with Muric in goal but still couldn’t get games over the line. So it’s onto next season and the return of t’crapico with the inevitable ‘2 bald men arguing over a comb’ debates around attendance and allocations.

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

very doubtful we`ll get the whole cricket field shed,thus they can **** off and have a quarter of the darwen end

Be much the same as recent seasons I’d imagine - one plus is there is now some safe standing at the back of the cricket field.

9 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Would dearly love to put these gobshytes under foot next Season.

I guess we will have to see how each squad looks come August. Personally I’m hoping we can make it 7 wins on the bounce and 15 years since you last beat us 😬

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aqualung said:

On relegation day. 

Not even biggest club on m65

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They’ll never have a better chance of staying up. Sheff Utd - dead in the water from day 1, Luton - dogged for 60 minutes in most games but nowhere near good enough to stay up. Everton and Forest with significant points deductions. All they had to do was be better than 3 out of those 4 teams. 

Burnley didn't sign quality PL standard players and that's why they went down. Far too non experience PL players signed. 

Will Kompany stay on or be replacement? 

Sheffield United sold their best striker to Marseille in the summer and didn't spend enough to stay up. Wilder will get them sorted over the summer and up to standard for championship season which will be tough 

It's a nerve jangler, to be sure, the rivalry between Rovers and Burnleh. It would be great, at some point, for both teams to go into the battle on an even footing, instead of one side having a financial and quality advantage. Whilst the long years of Rovers 'dominance' were wonderful for this end of the M65, we all know it was due to having access to much better resources and the relative comfort of being able to field players from the top of the barrel, not the bottom. Since the position is merely reversed these past few years, it should be no surprise to anyone that Rovers have declined and the Clarrots have enjoyed the spoils.

As for next season, unless there is a miraculous turn around behind the scenes at Ewood we will probably be lining up as underdogs awaiting another beasting from the playground bully. At least we know how our 6 fingered cousins felt all those years when Stan the man brought his gallant old stagers along in the misfiring mini to play our thoroughbreds in their polished and pristine Ferraris.

For me, the whole question of money in the game has created far too much of a stench to not see through the reality of the situation. Despite our partisan proclivities, money is the defining factor in the outcome of games, and despite our so called 'billionaire owners' (yeah right) we don't have any. I'm certainly not suggesting we throw in the towel, or simply lie down and wait for the inevitable head down the bog humiliation, because this is football after all, and we all know that anything can happen.

No, I simply look forward to a day, some time in the near future I hope, where the supporters of both Rovers and Burnleh can go into a derby day clash with equal hope and expectation of the spoils - that would be a game worth turning up for, shouting ourselves hoarse, and walking away with real bragging rights having won the contest by being the best team of the day. Fuck the money, let's get back to a contest about pride in the badge and the tradition.

COYB!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley didn't sign quality PL standard players and that's why they went down. Far too non experience PL players signed. 

Will Kompany stay on or be replacement? 

For once, I agree absolutely with you, Sir ... far too many " promising " signings, whereas a couple of " oven ready " Premier League players may have proved the difference. He also persevered with Trafford for too long, Muric is not only more experienced, but played the " extra sweeper " role far better, allowing us to play a higher line, and the results from the last 10-12 games show that ..

Kompany will stay ... he was the attraction for so many of these signings, his departure would leave a squad in turmoil ..

2 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

For once, I agree absolutely with you, Sir ... far too many " promising " signings, whereas a couple of " oven ready " Premier League players may have proved the difference. He also persevered with Trafford for too long, Muric is not only more experienced, but played the " extra sweeper " role far better, allowing us to play a higher line, and the results from the last 10-12 games show that ..

Kompany will stay ... he was the attraction for so many of these signings, his departure would leave a squad in turmoil ..

You're a classic "in-between" at this point. Good enough to get promoted, not good enough to stay up.

But  one year in the Premier, another year in the Championship and you'd go back stronger so long as you keep the better players.

I wish our future was as bright.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Really ?

You've spent £150m on transfer fees the last two seasons - you'll get a fraction of that back. You embarrassed yourselves this year - that's a pathetic points total.

I'm amazed more aren't calling for Kompany's head. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I look forward to the day when the Chicken Chokers fuck off and we don’t have to go into these games with one hand tied behind our backs.

Both hands and no kneecaps.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm relatively confident, what a fucking sad sad choice of wording, that at my age I will not see the day when over a full season we are in a higher league position than Burnley.

I point at Pune vermin, the total blame for the Rovers debacle lies at the doorstep of those cunts.

May they rot in Hell for all eternity.

Come on Mark, don't mince your words mate 🙂

100% agree - the deluded of Pune should gtf out of our club. Honourless twats.

• Like 2