BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 29/1/22

2 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Good point in isolation.  The mist noticable thing for me today, how much better we looked going forward once Gallagher went off, I hope Mowbary noticed too.  Keep on trucking.

He's had years to notice and this is the second transfer window where we don't appear to have prioritised a goalscorer despite losing a prolific one. I hope we get someone in.

• Like 1

Our chances of automatic promotion are really going to come down to the availability of at least three from Khadra, Brereton, Rothwell, Buckley each game. As well as as Travis, Kaminski and three of the CBs playing.

It is looking harder and harder for us to stay in the top two imo.

Critical run of four games playing twice a week coming up. Think this will define what we are competing for.

Would’ve taken a point at kick off and certainly would by 60th minute. Good point, rest up ahead of Swansea next weekend, a team who will play more into our hands (as long as khadra, Diaz and Rothwell are all back)

• Backroom
Just now, rovers11 said:

Good result in the circumstances but zero quality on show 

Tbf we've only really got the workhorses left at the moment. Buckley is the only creative player still fit and it took him until the second half to get into the game, at which point Mowbray decided to replace him with Ayala.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I thought he was poor. Every time he ran forward he tended to make poor decisions and lose the ball.

I hope that will come with fitness and match sharpness. Just seemed so much more secure on the left wing compared to recent weeks with Edun.

14 minutes ago, lraC said:

Glad to see the back of that game, to be honest. I don’t know who else has to go there yet, but with that awful style of football, they could turn one or two of our rivals over.

To be honest I never fancied us at all today, ratty little team in the image of their manager.

Good point in the end.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1

Good point in the circumstances.

If anyone had any doubts, think today confirmed Butterworth will never be good enough for Rovers.

We need at least three shrewd signings on Monday - four if Rothwell is off - otherwise we can forget promotion.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Our chances of automatic promotion are really going to come down to the availability of at least three from Khadra, Brereton, Rothwell, Buckley each game. As well as as Travis, Kaminski and three of the CBs playing.

It is looking harder and harder for us to stay in the top two imo.

Critical run of four games playing twice a week coming up. Think this will define what we are competing for.

So just 9 of our first 11.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If anyone had any doubts, think today confirmed Butterworth will never be good enough for Rovers.

We need at least three shrewd signings on Monday - four if Rothwell is off - otherwise we can forget promotion.  

Hes young. Needs to go out on loan and play professional football for a few years more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

He was better than Gally, I thought he did ok.  Some over zealous moves cost him possesion but I saw him do in 5 minutes more of something than Gally has in 5 games.  Hold the ball, make it stick.  I thought he was ok, certainley we went forward much better for a spell after he came on.

25 minutes ago, DE. said:

Tbf we've only really got the workhorses left at the moment. Buckley is the only creative player still fit and it took him until the second half to get into the game, at which point Mowbray decided to replace him with Ayala.

You mean Buckley started to show more after Gallagher was removed?  Passes not wasted so much because the intended reciever can keep the ball.  I have made no secret that I don't rate Gallagher, was not the difference in our play after he went off quite noticable, all of a sudden we looked in the game as an attacking threat, like a different team.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, booth said:

He's had years to notice and this is the second transfer window where we don't appear to have prioritised a goalscorer despite losing a prolific one. I hope we get someone in.

And yet with the players we've got, only Fulham have scored more goals than us this season.