BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You appear to be on somewhat of a high horse.  What has contributing to Swansea's coffers got to do with anything? 

I'm guessing this mystery striker has failed to materialise and it's the fans' fault?

Neither, but you know my point.

I ain't gonna fall out with you pal, hopefully you'll be backing the cause between now and May with your wallet.

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I'll open up here:

I can categorically state a bid DID go in for Solanke and was at least until 3 hrs ago under consideration. That was from the mouth of a Bournemouth scout over the phone into my actual ear.

I had remained hopeful (and still do to an extent, but ever more doubtful) because of Bournemouth hoovering up 5-6 players while we seemingly clear the decks of 4 of ours.

The other rumour was Harvey Elliott on loan - which I doubted but hey-ho could've happened.

As I said in the original post, both doubtful but definitely WERE on the cards and definitely would've been statements.

If we have the money for Solanke why don't they have a second choice?

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I defy any bugger to convince me Mowbray was ever operating with any sort of plan. 

He's stumbled onto a system that works - with the CB he sent out on loan twice 'cos he didn't think he was up to snuff being pivotal.

I'd try to sign an experienced CM who can pass the ball - Davenport / Johnson can do the spoiling job if Travis gets injured (although nowhere near as well as him). 

Giles will make a big difference because Van Hecke, Ayala and Wharton win A LOT of headers in the opposition box and by all accounts he has very good dead ball delivery. To not try and bring in reinforcements upfront or midfield is baffling though. A sign that we're content to maybe scrape into the Top 6.

He sent Wharton loan to toughen up and play regular mens football, a plan of development that very much worked. This seasons tactics are to be praised as much as last seasons warranted criticism.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I didn't say that though did I?!....but said their character was sufficient if they were asked to do so short term.

What would you do sign some no marks for 3 years (loans are filled out) that will subsequently stand in these  lads way in future?

This year, the potential for promotion is a bonus that nobody saw coming, the plan was for next year.

I defy any bugger to tell me that they fancied us to be second in the league come February!...let those that got us here have the opportunity to see the season out.

We should all be pouring in to Ewood, sorry but other than price for certain games, there's NO excuse not to. (IMO)

Loans aren’t filled out though.

• Backroom
Just now, islander200 said:

If we have the money for Solanke why don't they have a second choice?

I suspect it was money specifically sanctioned for a specific player, rather than 'budget'.

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I suspect it was money specifically sanctioned for a specific player, rather than 'budget'.

Smoke and mirrors. We knew a bollocks link was coming that we had no chance of getting and that was it.

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I didn't say that though did I?!....but said their character was sufficient if they were asked to do so short term.

What would you do sign some no marks for 3 years (loans are filled out) that will subsequently stand in these  lads way in future?

This year, the potential for promotion is a bonus that nobody saw coming, the plan was for next year.

I defy any bugger to tell me that they fancied us to be second in the league come February!...let those that got us here have the opportunity to see the season out.

We should all be pouring in to Ewood, sorry but other than price for certain games, there's NO excuse not to. (IMO)

Don’t disagree with any of your post, but the bit in bold… I really doubt the existence of any long term planning, particularly with Mowbray being out of contract in the summer. Whose plan is it?

• Like 3

Just now, Mike E said:

Odd way to work though Solanke the only player the money could be spent on.

Only thing that makes it a little credible is the amount of players Bournemouth brought in but it would take shattering our transfer record to get him

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

lack of ambition , lack of planning and forward thinking,  pathetic from rovers

You don’t think Zeefuik took some planning? Household name to you was he?

Feel underwhelmed about today given the comments over the last week but at the start of the window I would have been relatively happy with keeping the squad together. Think we’ve done some decent business all told. Squad still feels thin in places but we’re better off than where we were 4 weeks ago. 

Bournemouth aside, I don’t think many championship clubs have spent much.

Glad to see Butterworth head out. Miles off Championship standard at the moment.

• Like 1