BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Didn't I already show you how to watch the games on Rovers TV? Dunno if this one would have been available without a VPN as I think ESPN were showing it, but generally speaking you can watch our games on that.

Yeah but 13lbs?  A lot of pesos week in week out.  To watch them live at least.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Tonight's game was on ESPN+, a US-based subscription service. They show a fair amount of Championship games, so worth the $6.99 a month if you have any interest in the competition.

I saw that.  I only have FuboTV.  Most Rovers games arent shown on espn+ though.  Very few & far betwixt.

That was embarrassing. The sending off was the last thing we wanted. After that it was all ten behind the ball and they shut up shop. Whilst they had 11 out there we had a chance of catching them on the break. After the sending off there was no chance. We could have played while midnight and not scored. The goal we conceded was poor, all of Wharton, Kaminski, and the left back have to sort it out between themselves.

Last week we were under siege and we sent Ayala on as a centre forward. Like a fish riding a bike. Tonight we had Swansea under siege and we bring on JRC. Can anybody explain that. Apart from the new left back nobody did themselves justice really. Nyambe proved what a good defensive right back he is on a couple of occasions. Rothwell - as I said the other day - doesn’t do enough often enough. In the first half he was non existent apart from getting himself booked for a petulant challenge.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Terrible performance.

It was obvious in January we needed a striker  - even more obvious tonight.

I thought Giels and Lenihan ( despite the missed chances ) were the standout performers but neither will be here next season. The rest were generally poor.

Playoffs at best I'm afraid.

Not much to say that’s hasn’t already been said, but it was so damn clear that there was zero goals in that side - I said exactly that pre match and unfortunately I was spot on, as were others.

As for the lack of bringing in a striker during January, well that really could be what costs us this season. 2 goals in 6 games yet all must be fine on that front. I wondered what on earth Tony was on about in his pre game presser this week talking about Giles whipping in crosses for our forwards to get on the end of. Who are you referring to there Tony?! He had Moore and co at Cardiff, yet at best we have Brereton and he’s poor in the air (save for his goal against Preston).

An infuriating night that was just all too obvious.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Terrible performance.

It was obvious in January we needed a striker  - even more obvious tonight.

I thought Giels and Lenihan ( despite the missed chances ) were the standout performers but neither will be here next season. The rest were generally poor.

Playoffs at best I'm afraid.

The fact is if we don't get promoted this season we're in the shit.The 3 out of contract players won't be here,BBD will be sold to bring in some money,the 2 Brighton players will go back,Giles will be back at Wolves and i'm sure teams will be looking at Kaminski so we'll hardly have any decent players left,for me it's promotion or we're F'd

Edited by Darrenbot
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

My final word tonight is that our generally more ineffective form since 29 December, continues, and for me, we are in decline.

I fully accept that this may change starting on Wednesday, but any betting person won't bet on it, and my optimism is waning. 

I'll be there though, and I'll back them to the hilt, in every remaining game. 

My thoughts and comments on our form since Xmas, however, are fact, and as Mowbray's decision to play Zeefiuk in Giles's position tonight shows, we can't rely on Tony to get it right more than 50% of the time. 

I don't believe we were unlucky tonight. 

We'll be looking up at the play-ff places by the time we've played Fulham at the beginning of March. There is a lack of goalscorers in the team apart from Brereton - and even that has dried up. The "false 9" Buckley couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I've seen more powerful shots at my walking football. He never makes a run to gamble on a cross into the six yard box. Rothwell plays far too deep and frankly looks nothing like a Premier League player.The failure to bring in an established goalpoacher like Maja will see us failing to even make the playoffs.

• Like 3

Just now, L.A.Rover said:

ESPN PLUS showed today's game and the West Brom game is also being shown. 

Are The Cock n Bull in Santa Monica still showing games L.A?

Spent many hours in that place at 6am watching us in the Premiership years? 

6 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

The fact is if we don't get promoted this season we're in the shit.The 3 out of contract players won't be here,BBD will be sold to bring in some money,the 2 Brighton players will go back,Giles will be back at Wolves and i'm sure teams will be looking at Kaminski so we'll hardly have any decent players left,for me it's promotion or we're F'd

We will be as Barnsley are this season....probably lose our manager too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alcd said:

We'll be looking up at the play-ff places by the time we've played Fulham at the beginning of March. There is a lack of goalscorers in the team apart from Brereton - and even that has dried up. The "false 9" Buckley couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. I've seen more powerful shots at my walking football. He never makes a run to gamble on a cross into the six yard box. Rothwell plays far too deep and frankly looks nothing like a Premier League player.The failure to bring in an established goalpoacher like Maja will see us failing to even make the playoffs.

Yes!

In fact Maja scored on his debut!

Think we are in a risk of falldown and need a win on wednesday to keep up at the top otherwise think the death spiral will begin. Awful defending for the first goal by the way....

2 hours ago, Silas said:

Can someone teach Wharton how to nod a ball back across goal.

Such a tall lad and wastes opportunities going for goal when the percentages are minimal. 

Wharton is the new Derek Williams when it comes to heading the ball like a 50p piece in the oppostion box.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DE. said:

I can understand the thought behind saying we were unlucky, when it comes to missing a couple of very clear sitters which on another day would have been dispatched comfortably.

However, it also has to be acknowledged that the reason one of those fell to Buckley - a notoriously poor finisher - is because he was being played as a false 9 and therefore more likely to be in a position to take that chance then another, more capable player. One also has to question why our other major sitter fell to Lenihan. What was he even doing storming into the box from wide attacking position, and where were our other attackers?

That stuff isn't luck, it's just poor game management.

At that point Lenihan was playing as a RB.

Another comment that struck me in his post match presser was how he talked about us having ‘young players making poor decisions.’

I banged on about us needing some experience brought in during January but it simply didn’t happen. A wise old head to bring on up top, or an experienced pro in the middle of the park to get us over the line in tight games. Buck stops with Mowbray there surely, which is why comments such as the above make him look very daft. 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

That for me confirms that we are playing for top 6 and not top 2, last few games simply haven’t been good enough, running out of steam which was always my fear with mowbray. We will dive before making a remarkable turnaround and start smashing teams again and we will all be wondering why we couldn’t have kept that going. Finishing 5th

You're an optimist! Lose to Forest on Wednesday and its nailed on that a playoff place is gone.