BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Again, we literally missed 4 sitters. 

Giles makes a massive difference - teams can't just sit back against us now because he'll ping in incredibly dangerous crosses.

At the end of the day you can't expect Brereton to score every week. Buckley, Wharton and Lenihan all missed very simple chances - it's a team sport, they HAVE to start contributing to the goals column. 

Very true. On chances we should have won. I can think of no excuse for the miss by Buckley. A shocker by any standard.

• Like 1

I thought Hedges played well, until he approached the box. He was instrumental in the amount of possession Swansea conceded. End product will improve.

Mowbray said before the game that he wanted to steal a point with our reserve forward line, and play the 1st team on Wednesday. That's what more or less happened, the point was incidental to him, so it was all planned. 

If you go through 94 min without seriously testing the keeper, you don't usually win. 

TM may get us into the play-offs, but he will NEVER relinquish his sensible, safety first mantra. 

I would have played Diaz for the first 45 tonight, and maybe Khadra. 

I don't know anyone on the pitch tonight who would have scored the chances presented to our defenders, so that is not a reason for our defeat. That includes BBD on current form. 

Wednesday is a different prospect, but I'm starting to be pessimistic.....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Manager reverted to type tonight Gav.

It must be worrying you a bit?

Manager did nothing wrong tonight booth, his hands are tied and we missed 4 sitters, you can’t blame the manager for that. 

New players look quality, just need time to settle in, it’s still on this promotion lark.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Very true. On chances we should have won. I can think of no excuse for the miss by Buckley. A shocker by any standard.

Not sure it was even the worst miss of the game, though!!! Watch Lenihan's again, he's literally a few feet out. Honestly hard to tell which was harder to miss!

Mowbray could have done things differently today, but we've lost that game because we missed two gilt-edged chances that had no business being missed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Manager did nothing wrong tonight booth, his hands are tied and we missed 4 sitters, you can’t blame the manager for that. 

New players look quality, just need time to settle in, it’s still on this promotion lark.

Start with 1 striker. Play the other 2nd half. That was his option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I thought Hedges played well, until he approached the box. He was instrumental in the amount of possession Swansea conceded. End product will improve.

I don't know why some people are having a go at Hedges. He was one of our better players and should have stayed on the pitch. Buckley was on a yellow and having a terrible game, he should have been hooked. 

• Like 8

Just now, Gav said:

Manager did nothing wrong tonight booth, his hands are tied and we missed 4 sitters, you can’t blame the manger for that. 

JRC for Nyambe?

Hedges up front for the last 15 of the first half?

Giles as one of the starting forward trio?

Zeefuick, a right back, at left back when we had a left back?

And why didn't he bring on a number 9 to get on the end of those crosses?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Not sure it was even the worst miss of the game, though!!! Watch Lenihan's again, he's literally a few feet out. Honestly hard to tell which was harder to miss!

Mowbray could have done things differently today, but we've lost that game because we missed two gilt-edged chances that had no business being missed. 

If Buckley and Lenihan are the guys we supply those chances to, we are going to miss a whole lot more.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why? He placed it perfectly. Was Mulgrew very very lucky when he scored about 3 or 4 that season direct from corners?

No, if someone scored 3 or 4 in a year then that clearly would be a very well honed skill and/or strategy. But for someone who probably hasn't scored one before (isn't based on any factual knowledge!), and hasn't scored one now, but might perhaps have done and might do sometime, perhaps, then I don't consider him unlucky not to have done. Just as Buckley wasn't unlucky to almost hit the target.

Anyway, sorry, I'm just being mildly argumentative for no reason other than I'm so cross at that 'performance'! Have a nice evening.

3 minutes ago, skous18 said:

I keep on reading people saying that our chances fell to the wrong people today, but then again if I were asked before the match had started who would I have wanted to take that first half open net shot, I would have probably said - the false number 9

When I read the team sheet, ‘nil’ was the goal tally that readily sprang to mind.

It’s great that we’re in any way involved in the promotion shake up, but incredibly frustrating when we’re told that we passed up on the opportunity of bringing in a striker.

As others have said, we’re far to dependent on Diaz to score, and a decent addition could’ve made all the difference.

The goals for column in recent matches says it all.

Hopefully, Diaz will stay fit and rediscover his mojo, and Dack’s rehabilitation will soon be complete, but we’re now dropping points because of a very poor decision in the transfer window.

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

JRC for Nyambe?

those points for me are why we often put stinking performances in,no one is sure what their job is because the team shape is constantly changing,you can get away with it if you have a team full of internationals,but  at our level you can`t

3 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

No, if someone scored 3 or 4 in a year then that clearly would be a very well honed skill and/or strategy. But for someone who probably hasn't scored one before (isn't based on any factual knowledge!), and hasn't scored one now, but might perhaps have done and might do sometime, perhaps, then I don't consider him unlucky not to have done. Just as Buckley wasn't unlucky to almost hit the target.

Anyway, sorry, I'm just being mildly argumentative for no reason other than I'm so cross at that 'performance'! Have a nice evening.

It's alright, you're not being an ass about it. Fairly sure Khadra has come close with one for us before. Think he did it on purpose and it nearly came off, I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, booth said:

JRC for Nyambe?

You may feel qualified to second guess the manager my friend, I certainly do not, his hands are tied by this threadbare squad.

We’ve had a number a bad performances and results in recent weeks, I just hope we can come through it and push on.

Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

those points for me are why we often put stinking performances in,no one is sure what their job is because the team shape is constantly changing,you can get away with it if you have a team full of internationals,but  at our level you can`t

As we had no proper forwards it also allowed Swansea to get forward more. We had wing back, a winger and a midfielder as our attack.

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Dack on the bench on wed please.

Very poor from Buckley today

Way too early for Dack.he's not even played a full game for the u23s yet,i'm guessing nearer the end of the month before we see him in the first team squad.

Just now, Gav said:

You may feel qualified to second guess the manager my friend, I certainly do not. 

We’ve had a number a bad performances and results in recent weeks, I just hope we can come through it and push on.

Fingers crossed. 

I feel qualified to comment on the match as I saw it. I thought perhaps January was a blip and Feb may be a fresh start with new signings and fresh ideas. When I saw he was playing Zeefuick at left back and Giles up front my heart sank.

• Like 2