BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

So so frustrating. Swansea are utter shite. Desperately tried to hand us goals and we couldn't take advantage. In the end ironically the fact they went to 10 men didn't help our cause as it meant they didn't mess around with it at the back and we had all the ball and couldn't counter attack. Devastating loss

That for me confirms that we are playing for top 6 and not top 2, last few games simply haven’t been good enough, running out of steam which was always my fear with mowbray. We will dive before making a remarkable turnaround and start smashing teams again and we will all be wondering why we couldn’t have kept that going. Finishing 5th

• Like 4

Every game against the top teams is a cup tie. Every game against lower teams is a potential banana skin.
Every game against the bottom three is a cup tie.

No more 🍌 if we are aiming for the top. We need Dack back to create a bit of magic in these games  

Lets hope that Bournemouth struggle to integrate all their players.  

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Can someone teach Wharton how to nod a ball back across goal.

Such a tall lad and wastes opportunities going for goal when the percentages are minimal. 

Trouble is he's a defender and we aren't use to playing in opposition penalty area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Most teams do have a run of poor form but you just know that ours will kill us completely and we won't recover.

it`s more about the level of performance with us,granted every team goes through a lean spell but we stink the place out with absolutely,pathetic displays like the one against hull and the one tonight,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Hugely disappointing, especially after some 40 minutes against 10 men.

Got what we deserved - nothing.

Mowbray HAD to start Brereton and Khadra - easier to bring them off when we are winning and controlling a game rather than bringing them on to save a game.

Missed chances.

Atrocious defending for goal.

Tried to cheat our way to a win - Lenihan feigning head injury and getting Swansea reduced to 10 men and JRC almost bundling Fisher into the net at a corner (well spotted ref).

Giles looked good.  What a left foot.  Will create many opportunities for us.

Hedges as I expected - totally underwhelmed by him.

Danger of wheels coming off before we've even started to roll properly. 

Time for you to take another leave of absence, like you did when we were in league one.

Do it for the Rovers! 😂👍

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

We just dont know how to get to the end of good crosses. Bucko was woeful, false 9 my arse. We just didnt have any chances to break away. Tony takes the blame here for being unimaginative. We will not score even if we play another 90 mins.

Chance lost tonight to show the league we meant business.

We have very little creativity when it’s not a break in a counter. No one even attempted to beat a player in a duel out wide. Settled for crosses into a back 6. 

• Like 1

It’s just so fecking frustrating knowing under Mowbray that if we concede first, 9 times out of 10 (possibly more to be fair) we lose the game. I know, I know I shouldn’t be too critical of the bloke given the season we’ve had to date, but he simply cannot work out how to turn matches around. It’s a fact.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Hugely disappointing, especially after some 40 minutes against 10 men.

Got what we deserved - nothing.

Mowbray HAD to start Brereton and Khadra - easier to bring them off when we are winning and controlling a game rather than bringing them on to save a game.

Missed chances.

Atrocious defending for goal.

Tried to cheat our way to a win - Lenihan feigning head injury and getting Swansea reduced to 10 men and JRC almost bundling Fisher into the net at a corner (well spotted ref).

Giles looked good.  What a left foot.  Will create many opportunities for us.

Hedges as I expected - totally underwhelmed by him.

Danger of wheels coming off before we've even started to roll properly. 

I hope you didn't lose much.

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

That for me confirms that we are playing for top 6 and not top 2, last few games simply haven’t been good enough, running out of steam which was always my fear with mowbray. We will dive before making a remarkable turnaround and start smashing teams again and we will all be wondering why we couldn’t have kept that going. Finishing 5th

I'd take that right now!

Can we cling on for 6th? Possibly. Is there any point? Yes, but I wouldn't back a Mowbray team to win games when it really counts. 

Wonderful to be competing at the right end of the table but sadly when the transfer windows comes along and you need strengthening in certain areas we simply don't have the correct owners and management team in place to see it over the line. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s more about the level of performance with us,granted every team goes through a lean spell but we stink the place out with absolutely,pathetic displays like the one against hull and the one tonight,

I just don't understand why we didn't buy a striker so at least in the last ten minutes of a match like that we've got someone who can get on the end of crosses. We've got two strikers and one's injured.

• Like 2

Just now, Torgeir said:

I don't understand why were we crossing so often with no striker in the team? Buckley upfront isn't the solution but Tony's hands were tied today I guess

Play Khadra for 45 minutes. Then play Diaz for the next 45 minutes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I don't understand why were we crossing so often with no striker in the team? Buckley upfront isn't the solution but Tony's hands were tied today I guess. 

They were tied because he didnt want any strikers offered to him in Jan,he'd rather play with a false 9 thinking he's f'ing Pep

Edited by Darrenbot
  • Like 4