BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

5 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Everything imaginable went wrong today. 

Mowbray first of all by not starting with a striker. That killed our game more than anything else today.

The defence fell asleep for 1 attack, but that was enough. Swansea didn't even dream about going forward again for the rest of the game.

Two absurd misses on our part, and other than the last 15 minutes very sloppy play with lack of urgency.

Any other day we are winning today 5-0.

We need to find our grit again.

For some reason we only have one striker.

For some reason he was playing for someone else days ago.

For some reason we had a right back at left back and a highly rated left back playing as a forward.

Beaten by ten man Swansea who are down the bottom. What a shitshow.

Oh and FUCK OFF SKY!

Edited by booth
  • Like 4

Shortest player in the Championship scores a header against us. Chances fell to the wrong players. We don't have the key to unlocking defenses so trailing early it was always going to be an uphill struggle - even more so against ten men as Swansea were so deep. Poor, too many (forced) changes from what has been our recipe for success. What was the JRC sub about? No composure whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean we've literally missed 4 sitters tonight. 

But should we be surprised? Buckley is a dreadful finisher and if all your other sitters fall to defenders who aren't used to great crosses coming in, then you're never likely to have a decent conversion rate. We look clueless.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

So so deflated tonight. 

I just have this feeling we’re going to nosedive a little. 

For some reason I've been waiting for it. I don't know what it is.. probably no faith in Mowbray but I've just been waiting anxiously for the nose dive 

• Like 1

What’s clear is we lack much if any creativity in the final 3rd. All season we’ve created in the counter with space and numbers. Today up a man against a side parking the bus we didn’t even try to break them down. Never took a wife player on, never played to a forwards feet, nothing through. Everything went wide with long deep crosses. Made it easy in them. Khadra, Diaz and Buckley are not the 3 to be playing long crosses into. 

To a man the performances were poor. Buckley had an awful game. Sitter aside he got caught with the ball under his feet too many times. Then when received the ball in space never drove at the defense. 

• Like 1

Hugely disappointing, especially after some 40 minutes against 10 men.

Got what we deserved - nothing.

Mowbray HAD to start Brereton and Khadra - easier to bring them off when we are winning and controlling a game rather than bringing them on to save a game.

Missed chances.

Atrocious defending for goal.

Tried to cheat our way to a win - Lenihan feigning head injury and getting Swansea reduced to 10 men and JRC almost bundling Fisher into the net at a corner (well spotted ref).

Giles looked good.  What a left foot.  Will create many opportunities for us.

Hedges as I expected - totally underwhelmed by him.

Danger of wheels coming off before we've even started to roll properly. 

• Like 2