BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

6 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Every game against the top teams is a cup tie. Every game against lower teams is a potential banana skin.
Every game against the bottom three is a cup tie.

Looking at our recent record under TM in real cup ties does not bode well including "lower" teams

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I don't understand why were we crossing so often with no striker in the team?

Because he brought in an excellent crosser of the ball who is in the top half of the assist league?

Then decided he didn't need a goalscorer because we don't play that way.

• Like 2

Remember when the window closed and TM said something like, “The phone was ringing with clubs offering big number 9s, but we did listen because we don’t play that style…so why bring one in?”  With 61 F’n crosses sure would have been nice for our promotion chances to have an ugly monster like that to put up top. 

not to have the foresight that in the last 17 games that sort of tactic might have been needed is mental 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 4

the most annoying facet of tonights match was the shear lack of intensity from us,a side second in the league with a chance to go four points clear of third ???,f*****g sure qpr or huddersfield would`nt be playing at walking pace,fannying about passing square all match,mind you,they`ve actually got a centre forward to  play off

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I saw a video clip on social media of training the other day.  Was shocked at the lack of intensity in the 5 a side game.  Very lazy and half hearted.  You train how you play.

Maybe concerned about injuries. We have a list of those after all.

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Remember when the window closed and TM said something like, “The phone was ringing with clubs offering big number 9s, but we did listen because we don’t play that style…so why bring one in?”  With 61 F’n crosses sure would have been nice for our promotion chances to have an ugly monster like that to put up top. 

I remember people on transfer deadline night shitsplaining why we didn't need a goalscorer.

I hope the penny has dropped. Doesn't matter now though.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Because he brought in an excellent crosser of the ball who is in the top half of the assist league?

Then decided he didn't need a goalscorer because we don't play that way.

Mindboggling. If Gallagher doesn't grab goals from this service level I don't know who will in this team...

• Backroom
Just now, Torgeir said:

Mindboggling. If Gallagher doesn't grab goals from this service level I don't know who will in this team...

Unfortunately he'll be toiling out on the right wing somewhere so likely won't have the opportunity to benefit.

• Like 2

Just now, Torgeir said:

He always plays Gallagher far too deep to get on the end of crosses. He's lucky if he enters the box most games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

They were tied because he didnt want any strikers offered to him in Jan,he'd rather play with a false 9 thinking he's f'ing Pep

Nail on the head. For a good while, the team picked itself and Tony managed to stop himself from meddling.

That was never going to carry on indefinitely, and instead of using common sense and getting a (fit and available) striker in to give us a Plan B, Tony let his ego run away with him and expects us to walk the ball into the net. 

• Like 2

Realistically, we're not a top 2 team. Far from it actually. We're a mid table side at best so we should remember how brilliantly we're doing despite the absolute rubbish we've seen over the past 4 games. Top 6 has to be the aim. 

Giving it out wide to Giles to cross into the box as our only attacking tactic is not the way forward though. If the plan is to play like that then why did TM turn down the chance to sign an out and out striker. It beggars belief sometimes. 

• Like 5