BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

2 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

At the end of the day we're still 2nd. On another day we win that 5-1. Plenty of positives, Giles looks fantastic, Hedges, once he settles in will be an astute bit of business, other than the goal the defence was solid again. We've got Pickering, Dack, Gallagher all returning soon. Let's take it on the chin and move on to Wednesday. 

Dack will take at least 2 months to get to full speed from the time he makes his first appearance. Gallagher gets better with every game he doesn't play. Where does Giles fit into this 3-5- 2 formation when Pickering's back?

• Like 1

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, alcd said:

Wharton is the new Derek Williams when it comes to heading the ball like a 50p piece in the oppostion box.

Exactly, at least nodding across if it flies off at a bad angle, it might set up a late arriver to the box. 😂

Seriously though, he gets up to pretty much all of them, so frustrating, could be such an asset, particularly if practised in training, and then our players would anticipate it. 

2 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

At the end of the day we're still 2nd. On another day we win that 5-1. Plenty of positives, Giles looks fantastic, Hedges, once he settles in will be an astute bit of business, other than the goal the defence was solid again. We've got Pickering, Dack, Gallagher all returning soon. Let's take it on the chin and move on to Wednesday. 

Nice your optimistic...but to lose this is hard to take......Forest a better side coming to Ewood....hopefully we can take a hard fought 1-0 win and move on.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would let Brereton rest two days from training and just recharge the batteries for the Forest game along with Khadra.

I'd wrap BBD in cotton wool for the rest of the season as if he gets a long injury we'd be lucky to hang onto a playoff place.

4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I'd wrap BBD in cotton wool for the rest of the season as if he gets a long injury we'd be lucky to hang onto a playoff place.

If he doesn't play a bunch of games because he is being safeguarded, we will also be lucky to hang on to a playoff place.

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

Are The Cock n Bull in Santa Monica still showing games L.A?

Spent many hours in that place at 6am watching us in the Premiership years? 

Gav,

Sadly it closed during the pandemic. Not sure if it is going to re open again. 

Went to watch a few Rovers games in there early 2000's when that was the only way to see the games. English Premier League started to become more popular and eventually you could have a choice of games to watch at home.

Just now, bluebruce said:

If he doesn't play a bunch of games because he is being safeguarded, we will also be lucky to hang on to a playoff place.

I'm not talking about not playing him in games i'm saying let him take it easy between games,the last thing we want is a training ground injury to him.a hamstring strain in training or something similar will be a disaster 

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I'm not talking about not playing him in games i'm saying let him take it easy between games,the last thing we want is a training ground injury to him.a hamstring strain in training or something similar will be a disaster 

If he doesn't train enough, he will also be susceptible to injuries. It's a fine balance. But yes we are goosed if he is out for a while.

We're so bad at coming back from behind that we might as well bring out the deckchairs and allow the lads to have a snooze to rest them for the next game when we concede. We'd end up with the same points at the end tof the game!

The crazy thing is that we really didn't look like scoring for long periods of the game, yet still managed to miss a few of the easiest chances we're going to get this season...

Dack in from the off on Wednesday for me. If we have to take him off at half time so be it. Games like today and sticking him on for 20 mins will always be pointless (I’m aware he didn’t play today) is pointless, and Buckley has been terrible last two games. 

28 minutes ago, alcd said:

Dack will take at least 2 months to get to full speed from the time he makes his first appearance. Gallagher gets better with every game he doesn't play. Where does Giles fit into this 3-5- 2 formation when Pickering's back?

I think Dack will be looking at next season to be up to full speed alcd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

The JRC substitution seemed to drain us off any kind of momentum for a while. 

Yeah if TM was thinking of a more attacking option on the right, why not move Zeefuik there and bring Naymbe off when Khadra went on?  JRC hasn’t shown much since returning. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, L.A.Rover said:

Gav,

Sadly it closed during the pandemic. Not sure if it is going to re open again. 

Went to watch a few Rovers games in there early 2000's when that was the only way to see the games. English Premier League started to become more popular and eventually you could have a choice of games to watch at home.

@L.A.Rover Cheers for the reply, it’s hard to believe now that it was hard to see games in US at one point. The pub used to charge $20 to get in and I ended up in the car park listening to a radio for Rovers live commentary as the local feed had Spurs on most weekends……

Straight off the bat. I've not seen the game today. I don't think we're going to hit top two. But I do think we've the potential to push. And get close. We have had a real bad run with injuries etc recently. I'm hoping with a full squad we can go back to under the radar rovers. And that suits us. Plod along and pick up results as we do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Straight off the bat. I've not seen the game today. I don't think we're going to hit top two. But I do think we've the potential to push. And get close. We have had a real bad run with injuries etc recently. I'm hoping with a full squad we can go back to under the radar rovers. And that suits us. Plod along and pick up results as we do. 

Lucky you, I had to sit through all of it. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who actually went to Swansea.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Another game where we created by far the best opportunities but couldn't finish....

Giles and Hedges look like decent business. Both look effective. Swansea limited to few chances.

Just got to start finishing.

Giles looked OK, jury out on Hedges for me...hardly in the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Tony M need to do better as a manager in this games....Khadra or Brereton should had started...

Brereton looked dead tired and Khadra wasted crosses, corners and chickened out of 50/50 challenges. We'd been better served if they both have stayed on the bench all game. 

Bad performance against 10 men, but we usually create chances from counter attacks or nicking the ball in the opposition half, and all that goes out the window when the other team just parks the bus. Would have been a perfect game for Gallagher, he offers some presence in the box and could have gotten on the end of some of all those crosses, but today we were left hoping for for Lenihan to find his shooting boots.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Another game where we created by far the best opportunities but couldn't finish....

Giles and Hedges look like decent business. Both look effective. Swansea limited to few chances.

Just got to start finishing.

Thought Hedges was a bit anonymous tbh. Not that I'm castigating him, all players have quiet games and I don't think it was particularly his fault he wasn't on the ball much. He did ok when he got it, but didn't pull up any trees.

• Like 1