BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

He's not without his flaws but anyone blaming Tony for that needs to vent their anger elsewhere. Look at John Buckley who did sweet FA and has done for months, Khadra who took a shite penalty and looked nervous over it from the moment it was on him to put it away. Gallagher at nothing and brushed off the ball like a schoolboy. We are carrying passengers and lads hiding away from responsibility. Shameful the way that went tonight.

It's on the players end of story. Grow a set lads and stop hiding. The saw where they were in January as a successful season. Weak mentality.

Credit to Daragh, Van Hecke, Wharton and Nyambe at the back. Rothwell and Trav played well. The rest need a good hard look at themsleves because youre letting the side down massively.

• Like 1

Just now, RTM08 said:

The thing is, even if we did manage to salvage this, it would be against lower level teams. Aside from the odd anomaly we never lay a glove on a decent team. It would take a miracle for us to do anything in the play-offs themselves.

Also whoever threw money at a long term ckntract for Gallagher needs firing, literally useless.

I agree that for this toothless team to get into the playoffs would simply prolong the inevitable. 

I started a Sky subscription just after Christmas, so I could watch all the Rovers matches that were scheduled. I can’t help but feel it’s somehow my fault. 

Christ we need Dack back ASAP. Playing upfront. Just someone who can bloody score. I’ve had enough of watching Gallagher to last a lifetime tbh. Totally sick of him. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I think that result ends our automatic promotion hopes, we arestill in with a chance of the play-offs.

We were never going to make automatic promotion. But it's all about inches and we can't concede against ten men. Khadra puts the pen away and it's game over.

This will be a tough one to swallow for the group. Just hope they can lift their spirits as they battled well (again) against an in-form side.

• Like 1

Just now, Gogger said:

I dunno how opinions can differ so much from the same game or are you beeing sarcastic? We had the ball vs ten men (wow!), and created what except from the penalty? Anyone can pass the ball around the back five and midtfield with no pressure, even Mokoena.

Even Mokoena taking shots tonight! 🤣

Cheer up fellas, if you were a true member of the "Mowbray out" club at any point in the past 3 years, you would have known where we would finish this season (not in the top 6).

Hope his cake was nice. 🎂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Pathetic Kaminsky utterly pathetic 

He was the savior in the first half.

Having Khadra take the penalty was a terrible decision. His set up was all wrong. Facing straight onto the ball, not far enough away to get a good run up. He played well otherwise.

The result was a kick in the teeth.

Blame no Brereton, blame anonymous Gallagher, but far too often the final ball was again lacking. It was epitomised in the last minute when two Rovers players failed to get the ball to reach the box with no pressure at all on them.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think that result ends our automatic promotion hopes, we arestill in with a chance of the play-offs.

For me tonight ends our chance of play-offs. I just can't see what the change is going to be that will turn our form around so significantly as to get more points that QPR, Sheff U, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield etc will. We are screwed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He's not without his flaws but anyone blaming Tony for that needs to vent their anger elsewhere. Look at John Buckley who did sweet FA and has done for months, Khadra who took a shite penalty and looked nervous over it from the moment it was on him to put it away. Gallagher at nothing and brushed off the ball like a schoolboy. We are carrying passengers and lads hiding away from responsibility. Shameful the way that went tonight.

It's on the players end of story. Grow a set lads and stop hiding. The saw where they were in January as a successful season. Weak mentality.

Credit to Daragh, Van Hecke, Wharton and Nyambe at the back. Rothwell and Trav played well. The rest need a good hard look at themsleves because youre letting the side down massively.

Who picks them, mate? And the formation. Go out there and be a False 9, Bucko. It's ridiculous and it's gone on for months, without the signings made to offer something different. It is on Tony. And the players' attitudes have also been appalling. So I'll vent my anger at several of them. But ultimately the manager needs to take responsibility for his decisions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Who picks Buckley and Gallagher?  Who refused to sign a striker? 

• Like 2

I haven’t seen as thuggish a team since the 70s. Ref lost it when he ignored the Nyambe faceplant.

One good shot all game, from Pickering, great save to be fair. Buckley needs a rest, Gallagher needs shooting and the only way Rothwell will get to the Premier League is if he pays to get in.

• Like 3

Did ANYONE on this board see the football we played, both before and after the red card?

I'm as pissed off as anyone by the result, but if we continue to play like that, we'll be fine.

And that starts in 3 days.

Facts are facts. We were dominant, against a disgracefully desperate team of cynical cloggers.

I've been critical of our performances since Xmas, but this was sooo much better...

My worry about (absolute) zero composure in front of goal remains, and that may continue to derail us, but if we play like tonight for the rest of the season, we will be at Wembley.

Bring on QPR. Even more important, after tonight's other results 😕.

COYB!

• Like 2

I am gutted with the result. after surviving the first 15 mins when we under the cosh and they should have scored but after that we grew into the game and were the better team overall. Khadra's pen miss is unforgiveable tbh. But our defending for the set pieces were sloppy and Kaminski needs to be more commanding there and get the ball more. Saturday is a crucial game and we need to win that game. Well done to Lenihan who grab Khadra after the game and gave him a Captain talk. 

Disappointing with Mowbray lack of subs during that game. Dolan should have been on as soon as the Sheffield united man was set off. Which was the correct decision.

We need to win on Saturday and I think we need to change formation and had 3 attackers on the pitch and move to 4-3-3. I don't expect Mowbray to do this but I would move to this.