BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Would love to have Khadra back. Pace, trickery and can hit it cleanly - has potential to be a very good player.

No doubt his decision making needs serious work but in tight championship games he can be the difference. 

Would be keen on Ben Davies - class defender at this level. Only concern is that he’s left footed? Wouldn’t be a fan of two left footed CBS.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Liverpool are well known for getting top dollar on their sales. I'd be very surprised if we could afford him

he was only a temporary fill in squad player,think he only cost liverpool 2 million,seems they just want him off the books,he`s a good defender at this level,would be a great signing and pne fans would be crying their little eyes out😉

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

Liverpool are well known for getting top dollar on their sales. I'd be very surprised if we could afford him

I was thinking the same. I think they got £15m for Nat Phillips, even though he featured a lot more for them compared to Davies.

It probably won't be £15m, but I think they'll still ask for an amount which we will struggle to afford. Would be a good signing though, if we can pull it off.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

No chance of Ben Davies with our wage structure.

Why would we show interest in someone we can’t afford? Only reason we’d loose out is if someone offers a ‘higher wage’…Surely we can compete with Stoke? 

Someone has mentioned that Celtic are interested…if that’s the case then we will struggle.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Would love to have Khadra back. Pace, trickery and can hit it cleanly - has potential to be a very good player.

No doubt his decision making needs serious work but in tight championship games he can be the difference. 

Would be keen on Ben Davies - class defender at this level. Only concern is that he’s left footed? Wouldn’t be a fan of two left footed CBS.

I’m not a fan myself. He hasn’t got a football brain. Bags of talent but no nous. He doesn’t know when to stick and when to twist. I’d have him back only if we couldn’t do any better, which is quite likely.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No chance with our division.  His agent will get him a bottom half prem move surely.

he did`nt make a single appearance for liverpool,what makes you think anyone else in the premier league will be interested,he did`nt exactly rip it up at sheff utd last year either,he`s definately attainable for us,though apparently celtic are interested which may derail our bid

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not a fan myself. He hasn’t got a football brain. Bags of talent but no nous. He doesn’t know when to stick and when to twist. I’d have him back only if we couldn’t do any better, which is quite likely.

He's just turned 21, bagged 5 goals and 4 assists in his first proper season. Was injured for a lot of it aswell. The decision making comes with experience, a player like him who's the finished article is a player way out of our price budget. People used to say the same of Josh King when he was here. We have to develop players, 2-3 years time a player like him could be worth a fortune. Would depend on what Brighton fee is being quoted for it to be worth the risk. Having said all that, if the rumours about him are true, we can just stop wasting time on the subject. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

He has never played a Premiership game. It would be a risk for any such team.

If the lad wants to leave because he wants to play every week, he'll be going to a Championship team. Not ridiculous that it would be at Rovers, but sadly as we've seen, that will be partially dependant on the budgets of other clubs that are in for him.