BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Tbf. Just for balance.... The main irritation(for me anyway!) is that it's mostly the same few posters repeatedly making the same miserable types of comments over and over... And it's not just in regards to transfers! they look for the worst in every little thing rovers related, if you saw those same comments in the LT comments section you'd simply just assume that they where dingle supporters reveling in it all. 

I honestly don’t think they do look for the worst in everything to do with the club that’s melodramatic.

It just appears that way when you’ve got a preconception about any poster on here. 
If you want to see something a certain way, you’ll probably see it in 20/20 tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It’s a tough market to play the game SW and GB wants to. Pre Brexit would’ve been a lot easier… 

100%. Makes it 10x harder. Got to make sure you identify players that can fit seamlessly into a system you play. I don’t buy Mowbray's old comments on players need to learn how we play waffle.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Can we have a bit less of people telling people to calm down, or to enjoy the sunshine? We don’t need any more of people telling other people how to feel, thanks.

In that case, is it your place as a moderator to tell people how they should feel?

A very special thing to post.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It’s a tough market to play the game SW and GB wants to. Pre Brexit would’ve been a lot easier… 

But it’s not pre brexit, they were both brought in post brexit and are working under the exact same conditions that every other club in the country is working under. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Not really because how long did it take them to set up the Euro scouting network ?

Finally got it in place just as they knew Brexit would alter it.

And what about this technical modern scouting system Mowbray blagged the owners into funding ?   The one where they were installing screens in officeces and hiring people to watch players on them and draw up reports ?

What happened to all that and what did it turn up ?  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

To put some perspective on things, Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe have gone.

Wherever they went we'd be reading the same things, no ambition from the players and they are rubbish from the "get behind the club at all cost" crew.

From the other side of the support, "sack the board, better than what we had or will sign, how we have fallen"

If we were signing players, i think the above would become less relevant.

The club has 6 weeks until the window shuts to address the holes in the squad, and until that window shuts, its very hard to judge, despite the worry.

Add to that the whispers that we will likely lose our top young talent to the bug clubs before they even kick a ball for iur first team.  Rank incompetence by the Waggot and he ought to be unceremoniously fired.  What has this Waggot policy of stepping over dollars to pick up nickles cost us.

If we want to keep the likes of Ash Ohillips we need to be showing the love, let the lad know we want him and believe in him.  Even though the top clubs can smoke us in the pay stakes but putting our arm round the lad and show him how actually playing will be better for him than going AWOL with a plethora of un used young players hoarded at the top clubs.  It us sickening and even more sickening is that no one is accountable.  Send Waggot and Venus down the road with the other clown ToMo.  Don't go punishing our exciting young up and coming manager because of ithers ineptitude.  Come on Venkies, vlear house of those who have burned you support the new team and get to themPrem and see some of your Rupees coming back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

But we got £15m for Armstrong John, none of which was reinvested in players. We let three players with an estimated value of £8-10m walk for nothing and we are likely to spend money replacing them. Factor in their wages and it makes no sense whatsoever.

The only one that made no sense to me Tony was not taking £6 million for Rothwell at Christmas, now that was madness.

Nyambe, the market has decided, wasn’t worth much at all if the best club that will take him for free is Wigan. Lenihan I think should have moved - his last shot at a big contract. If he’d stayed and Phillips takes his place in a years time, then we’d have been paying £1.1m/year for a benchwarmer.

So many counter-factual scenarios, only one of which was selling all 3 for £10 million and that money being reinvested. Maybe we wouldn’t have spent any of it but still own the training ground, who knows under these clowns?

Obviously the outcome looks bad, but then getting a headline £15 million for a player who, it turns out, was perhaps really worth 1/3rd of that, has turned out to be daylight robbery in our favour.

• Like 1

I feel like this is an interesting time for the club. I feel like if Nyambe signs for Wigan that would be a blow realistically. Yes he isn't Roberto Carlos but he is an academy player who has developed a decent reputation for the Championship. Will he be a tremendous loss? No, but I would have rather have spent the money elsewhere and just give him the the 10 to 15k he wanted rather than splash cash on a new signing. We could have focused our budget on the midfield. I actually would have been fairly content with Nyambe, Carter, Wharton, Phillips, Pickering and Edun (Sell off Ayala, bring in a freebie). 

Having said that I do feel we need to generate funds to be able to compete in this league. We do need more bodies in the midfield area. I am surprised as everyone that no signing have been made, but i always judge a window once it closes so i can't say whether or not this is a good one. With the likes of 5 first team players going it didn't start well, but at the end of the day this is what Gregg was signed in to do so lets see how he performs. I wonder how long Waggot will be around for as well given the miss management of the club. Clearly Venky's must be aware or someone is hiding it very well from them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

I feel like this is an interesting time for the club. I feel like if Nyambe signs for Wigan that would be a blow realistically. Yes he isn't Roberto Carlos but he is an academy player who has developed a decent reputation for the Championship. Will he be a tremendous loss? No, but I would have rather have spent the money elsewhere and just give him the the 10 to 15k he wanted rather than splash cash on a new signing. We could have focused our budget on the midfield. I actually would have been fairly content with Nyambe, Carter, Wharton, Phillips, Pickering and Edun (Sell off Ayala, bring in a freebie). 

Having said that I do feel we need to generate funds to be able to compete in this league. We do need more bodies in the midfield area. I am surprised as everyone that no signing have been made, but i always judge a window once it closes so i can't say whether or not this is a good one. With the likes of 5 first team players going it didn't start well, but at the end of the day this is what Gregg was signed in to do so lets see how he performs. I wonder how long Waggot will be around for as well given the miss management of the club. Clearly Venky's must be aware or someone is hiding it very well from them. 

Another way of looking at it is is Nyambe asking to be one of the highest paid even though he’s guarenteed to be injured for long periods of the season. We’ve already done that with Ayala and it’s shafting us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The only one that made no sense to me Tony was not taking £6 million for Rothwell at Christmas, now that was madness.

Nyambe, the market has decided, wasn’t worth much at all if the best club that will take him for free is Wigan. Lenihan I think should have moved - his last shot at a big contract. If he’d stayed and Phillips takes his place in a years time, then we’d have been paying £1.1m/year for a benchwarmer.

So many counter-factual scenarios, only one of which was selling all 3 for £10 million and that money being reinvested. Maybe we wouldn’t have spent any of it but still own the training ground, who knows under these clowns?

Obviously the outcome looks bad, but then getting a headline £15 million for a player who, it turns out, was perhaps really worth 1/3rd of that, has turned out to be daylight robbery in our favour.

What a pity there was no-one able to turn that windfall into something meaningful for Blackburn Rovers, other than staving off the ridiculous FFP.

6 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Another way of looking at it is is Nyambe asking to be one of the highest paid even though he’s guarenteed to be injured for long periods of the season. We’ve already done that with Ayala and it’s shafting us.

Does anyone know his demands? I haven't seen anything on here regards what he asked for and what the club offered... Since promotion he's played in 67% of our league games.  Noting some of those were on the bench, not through injury, you'd could probably estimate he's been available for 75% of our games in that time.  Okay, not an 'ever-present', but I don't think a massive concern.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, callumrovers said:

it’s an impossible scenario for the club.

If ts impossible what's the point of it all? By definition, nothing can be done.

That's hysterical pessimism from you.

I want the club to do better, not for supporters to tell me its too hard. Barnsley and Luton made Top 6 in the last 2 seasons

FFS, yet we haven't in 11 seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Tbf. Just for balance.... The main irritation(for me anyway!) is that it's mostly the same few posters repeatedly making the same miserable types of comments over and over... And it's not just in regards to transfers! they look for the worst in every little thing rovers related, if you saw those same comments in the LT comments section you'd simply just assume that they where dingle supporters reveling in it all. 

Absolute tripe. This site is not remotely similar to the LT comments section.

Mind you we could do with a few less trolls trying to pressure people not to say it as they think it is.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

We have to make assumptions John because we don't know the full facts apart from Rothwell on which I agree with you entirely. Sheer madness but not surprising at all. What we do know is that it will cost money to replace them either in wages, fees or both, money we don't appear to have or if we do could have gone towards strengthening other areas. By all accounts Lenihan and Nyambe wanted to stay according to reports on here which they said came from the mouth of Swag himself.  In negotiations when one of the parties wants something it gives a slight advantage to the other party. When I read that they were keen to stay I thought it was job done but for whatever reason that didn't happen. 

The notion of expecting kids to step up is fanciful in my view. We could perhaps carry one with some astute nurturing but to put more than one in is folly for me.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

But it’s not pre brexit, they were both brought in post brexit and are working under the exact same conditions that every other club in the country is working under. 

Fair enough. But fewer fish in the pond with the same amount of fishermen. For example the likes of Brentford would have struggled to bring in a lot of the players that led to them being successful. A greater advantage to the teams with PL parachute money than ever before imo. 

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

If ts impossible what's the point of it all? By definition, nothing can be done.

That's hysterical pessimism from you.

I want the club to do better, not for supporters to tell me its too hard. Barnsley and Luton made Top 6 in the last 2 seasons

FFS, yet we haven't in 11 seasons.

It’s being realistic. We can’t compete financially with half the championship now, it’s about biding your time and waiting for the right deals.  

We as a club could go and sign 3 players tomorrow but if there no better or don’t fit into the system we want to play, what’s the point?

Barnsley and Luton are an anomaly. That’s why they don’t and won’t repeat it.

Correct, hence the change of direction with a DOF and Head Coach.