BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

I’m not optimistic. So many chances missed over the last few games has been painful to watch. I thought we might have turned the corner when Khadra banged that free kick in but wishful thinking!

I suspect the best we can hope for is a clean sheet and to nick a goal from somewhere.

I’m going for 1-1 and will have a dabble on both teams to score. That normally guarantees us a clean sheet and a win!

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

Chaddy, I like your optimism, but I don’t see an avalanche of goals today. Rooney senses another great opportunity to score 3 pts & survival. Our players have pride of knowing our strength is defending.

I think the best we can hope for is 0-0, and maybe hang onto a playoff spot, for one more game. 

I think the way Derby play will play into our hands with Rooney likes to play out from the back and we should be high and force them into mistakes leading to opportunities for us 

• Like 1

After the terrible run we have been having, keeping faith with the same forward line is simply not acceptable. It’s time to try something else.

Khadra, Gallagher and Buckley all deserve dropping if possible. 
Gallagher for not scoring and not really being interested in anything but defense, Khadra for continuously and stubbornly refusing to pass the ball to better placed teammates, and Buckley even though he can be great doesn’t score either. 

The question is who to play instead. Giles deserves a chance on the left, Hedges on the right and that unfortunately leaves Dolan in the centre where I don’t really like him. I’d take Vale but he won’t be ready for another game so soon. 
So instead I’d be crazy and put Khadra in the middle where he won’t need to pass much but will pose a counter-attacking threat.
Buckley in centre mid for Rothwell with license to roam forward.

Kaminski

Three amigos

JRC              Pickering

Travis  Buckley

Hedges            Giles 

Khadra

6 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

One of my favorite players at Rovers was Craig Conway. He could serve it up on a silver tray, made it looks so easy. I believe he led the EFL in assists on more than one occasion while with Rovers. 

Conway is one of my favourite player for Rovers

It will be a good game, and we will have chances. 

Shame there'll be so few there to see it. 

I'm worried if Lawrence plays, but it will be a good test of our solid defence. 

I'm so desperate for Giles at wing-back. Pickering was missing for the Bristol goal, and he created nothing. It seems so obvious, but not to our leader. 

I'm more and more worried that DJ is a yes man, on and off the bench. 

I can't be optimistic, for one of the 1st times in 30 years, due to having the optimism kicked and dragged out of me. My head now screams nil nil or one one. 

How very sad.....

20 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

My answer isn’t BBD it’s he way the team was set up, lack of tactics or creativity and an unwillingness to play Hedges or Giles from the off plus senior players not having the bollocks to take a penalty !

He's a fantastic striker, but one man doesn't make a team the rest should be pulling their weight and scoring goals. I agree with Hedges he should be given his chance for 90 minutes. I am off to Ewood now last chance saloon, we need to start putting a winning run together if the dream of the play offs is to continue.

2 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

He's a fantastic striker, but one man doesn't make a team the rest should be pulling their weight and scoring goals. I agree with Hedges he should be given his chance for 90 minutes. I am off to Ewood now last chance saloon, we need to start putting a winning run together if the dream of the play offs is to continue.

The difference when BBD was banging them in, was that there was zero pressure on the others. 

They felt as much pressure as in training, so consequently, they were relaxed and confident in front of goal.

They've ALL shown their true footballing colours since Xmas. 

C O Y stuttering B  !!!!!

1 minute ago, OsloRover said:

image.thumb.png.193b754d2f2cea98c8c21cffa46de3e1.png

Baffling team that. Is he trying Rothwell as the False 9? Even tho he's made his mark and his season as a CM?

Johnson is past it, it's like playing with 10 when he trots out there.

To me Dolan nailed down the False 9 role with his MOtM performance recently. Play him there and give Hedges a bloody game as the IF on the right.